• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

Hibs

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Indiana looks interesting, but after how insultingly written the last movie was (and Wolfenstein II) - I am a bit worried. Hopefully they knock it out of the park.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
First person gameplay ok with me. I like my games that way. Third person is way too twitchy and looks weird moving and strafing.

Good to see the setting based on the 80s kinds of movie and not 80 year old Harrison Ford.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Mixed graphics. I mean Wolfenstein wasn't a graphical showcase. I think the dark/night scenes look better then day time.

Hellblade looks like nothing. They showed nothing YET AGAIN.
Plague tale requiem is 10x the game hellblade 2 will be. I bet your ass on that.
Hellblade 2 will be a cool experience. I want to play it too. but it seems to me it will be forgettable playing game like the first one.
Avowed looks like dogshit though. Skyrim mod game about beating up little lizards... not the best showing
Nah they showed exactly what you will be doing in game. Linear walking segments, schizo voices all around you, and combat system. Thats all you getting. Take it or leave it.

Also machine games are too scared to go against Naughty dog its hillarious.

Sephimoth

Indy looks okay, would prefer third person though. The third person movement looks pretty janky though so I guess thats why

Tone seems on point, glad to see

Last edited:

GHG

Lolol you guys just want the same games over and over huh? First person differentiates it from just another Unfarted clone

Bubba J What GIF by Jeff Dunham

Don't worry, you'll get the 3rd person pulled out view for the climbing sections just like Unfarted.

dem

What fucking engine is this? Why do all these Xbox "first party" games look mediocre as fuck graphically.
Maybe Youtube is doing it dirty... guess we will see later.

Game itself looks interesting

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Indy vs Candyman?

I hate that this is first person... guess I should have assumed, but first-person whipping just does not look like it is going to work over the course of a full game IMO.

Story looks decent. Hope the puzzles are really strong, that's going to be important.

Indiana Jones Ratungs:
-Graphics: A
-Frame Rate: C
-Gameplay: Very very mid
-Animation: D. All the games showed so far have horrible animation. Hellblade doesn’t count because I don’t know that it’s a “game”. All I saw was developers talking out of their ass.
-POV: F. Indiana Jones in first person is wack

EDIT: No doubt Indy will get compared to uncharted and outer than graphics, this looks worse than uncharted 4 in every way from fluidity, to gameplay, to animation. We’ll see how it turns out for the story but I don’t have any faith in machine games.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Did... did you just say something positive?
Do you have any idea where you are? Please edit your post immediately before I have no choice but to report you.
Man credit where credit is due. Indian Jones looks great. I was a naysayer since it's announcement but I honestly just couldn't see it. I thought the IP just wasn't good enough to warrant a AAA game. This is making me eat my words

Top Bottom