• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Hellblade 2 release date is May 21, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Senuas-Saga-Hellblade-2.jpg

Among Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2, and others, Xbox’s exclusive line-up for 2024 is looking fairly promising. One of the games I’m most thrilled about in this regard is Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2, the sequel to Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice from 2017 and a major proponent of next-gen gaming to look forward to this year.​
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice.
  • Per our sources, the title will launch on May 21, 2024.
  • Developer Ninja Theory is plotting to announce its release date during Xbox’s Developer_Direct.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If true, that means they have something else in mind for winter. Nice. Could just be Stalker 2 though.

Guess I have 4 months to beat part 1.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

It might be cheesy in this game but I hope it has a rogue lite mode. It's just like all of these years of development for a one and done game? Give me some replayability ala GoW and TLOU2, even if it has to come later. I mean, I guess I can't complain if it is such an affair since I'll be able to enjoy it on Game Pass PC.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
New Halo or the new Perfect Dark?
I guess it's not impossible. All we know about Perfect Dark is that Booty said that they are pushing to show it this year, so I'm assuming Perfect Dark gets a major trailer at E3 and then a 2025 release.

Could be Indy in Winter, or Avowed.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Forza Horizon 6 could be there holiday release.
It is the only possibility of an extra announcement for 2024 that I can think of. Even more so when everything indicates that Indiana Jones is also a 2024 release.
If this were the case, it would be an exceptional year in terms of Xbox releases.

But my mind is in an internal conflict in that I would like the best FH6 possible and with more new features (motorcycles?) and I wouldn't mind an extra year of waiting.

We will see.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Damn May? Pleasant surprise. What's with South of Midnight being able to be pre-installed now? Is it coming out with Dev Direct?

It is the only possibility of an extra announcement for 2024 that I can think of. Even more so when everything indicates that Indiana Jones is also a 2024 release.
If this were the case, it would be an exceptional year in terms of Xbox releases.

But my mind is in an internal conflict in that I would like the best FH6 possible and with more new features (motorcycles?) and I wouldn't mind an extra year of waiting.

We will see.
Every Forza Horizon is announced a few months before release and Playground has two teams now. With Fable coming 2025 most likely I'm not sure they'd release 2 games in the same year?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn May? Pleasant surprise. What's with South of Midnight being able to be pre-installed now? Is it coming out with Dev Direct?

The pre-install is the 300MB place holder file, doesn't really tell much.

Anything is possible but somehow I doubt it's gonna be released at the Direct. Wouldn't be much of a shadow-drop if it's a known thing with a known release window.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The pre-install is the 300MB place holder file, doesn't really tell much.

Anything is possible but somehow I doubt it's gonna be released at the Direct. Wouldn't be much of a shadow-drop if it's a known thing with a known release window.
Ahhh, good point. Ok, I kinda think Xbox should hold off on a shadow drop this year. If they don't people are gonna expect drops each year from now til the end of time. I don't think they should put that pressure on themselves.

Darsxx82

Every Forza Horizon is announced a few months before release and Playground has two teams now. With Fable coming 2025 most likely I'm not sure they'd release 2 games in the same year?
It is clear that the end of 2024 would make a lot of sense, and even more so considering that it is a game that will receive expansions during 2025.... But I would not rule out Q1 2025 either.
Also think that Fable and FH are developed completely independently... and that I would not rule out a Fable launch for Q1 2026...

We Will see

Top Bottom