• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If we're playing the game of chance, I'd rather add more chances of them making the game 60fps, than add more chances of them screwing up a solid framerate. If that means graphics that are just a tad below realism with an FOV of 75, then so be it.
Dude. You can have realistic graphics and 60fps. metro exodus anyone? tlou2 remaster anyone?

And you would really take 60fps over the cost of making the game bad?
it looks like a swtch game

tommib

The Indy game looks like a banger. If it has some proper tomb puzzles we have a winner. Game looks awesome.

Machine games are awesome at level design. Their Quake 2 levels are some of the best of last year.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeaaaaah.... like as a shooty bang, Wolfenstein TNC spinoff this is fine. I'm def gonna play it.

but i'm also certain now that this wasn't the studio for an Indy game. I think the decision was made mostly to get cutesy with the whole "Punching a Nazi" fantasy.

I would have preferred a studio with better exploration and puzzle design chops. (and better writing, after TNC, woof)

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fuck First Person games. Western studios are retarded. Literally. First Avatar now this. Fuck immersion when you are playing games based on LITERALLY CINEMA you fucking retards. At least the cutscenes are third person unlike cybperunk and Avatar. So there is progress there.

Graphics look PS4 quality and like two gens behind Ninja Theory's hellblade 2. There has to be better quality control over at Microsoft.

Indy
notes:

1. ok, FPS.
2. looks better than expexted but way behind the AAA gods.
3. Still not enough gameplay.
4. kinda underwhelming.
5.ok now they are justifying why FPS (contradictory)
6. passsive cutscenes?
7. not a strong showing but good enough i guess?

Dude. You can have realistic graphics and 60fps. metro exodus anyone? tlou2 remaster anyone?

And you would really take 60fps over the cost of making the game bad?
it looks like a swtch game
I'm saying that I know some developers can, but if Machinegames couldn't get it to work, then the least they can do is give me fun gameplay at 60fps.

Sybrix

With Uncharted and Tomb Raider.... this game could only go 1st person.

Otherwise the inevitable comparisons would occur.

GHG

absolutely should have been third person. First person just doesn’t work here, imo

I think the strangest thing will be the switching between the two perspectives but that being outside of the players control in terms of when it happens.

Personally I think if they were going to go 1st person then they should have just owned it and done the whole thing in that perspective.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
At tleast the gameplay of IJ looks fun. Fuck Hellblade 2 lol that looks so boring as fuck.

Wolfenstein games where never about graphics but fun gameplay.

Indy looks cool, but kinda just makes me want to play Wolfenstein.

This, i don't care about IJ when it looks like Wolfenstein IJ mod imo.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
VbqUCuY.png

Todd!

Top Bottom