• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Developer-Direct-2024-5039dcadfcd5ef079bf1.jpg

On Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK,

You’re about to get an exciting look at some of the incredible games ahead with Xbox, as we present a new edition of Developer_Direct. On Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK, fans will get an inside look at a selection of highly anticipated games coming to Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Game Pass. Shortly after, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK to preview 2024’s biggest update.

Presented by the game creators themselves, Developer_Direct offers an in-depth look at upcoming titles, how they’re being created, and who’s creating them. We’ll visit MachineGames in Sweden to check in on their Indiana Jones game, swing by Obsidian’s Irvine offices to see more from Avowed, head to Oxide Games’ Maryland home to learn about Ara: History Untold, and take a trip to Cambridge, England to see Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II from Ninja Theory. Please note that while this show won’t have updates on games from Activision Blizzard, you can look forward to news from those teams later this year.

The show will be a celebration of just a selection of our slate of upcoming games from Xbox. It’s also another part of our commitment to consistently bringing Xbox players can’t-miss experiences. 2024 kicked off with a bang for Game Pass members, and you can expect that line-up to include more incredible games from Xbox and our partners as the year goes on.

Fans should tune in on Xbox channels at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK, January 18 to see all the latest on:
  • Indiana Jones game: MachineGames, the award-winning studio behind the recent Wolfenstein series, will reveal their upcoming Indiana Jones game, an action-adventure that puts players in the leather jacket of the legendary archaeologist. Developer_Direct will showcase more than 10 minutes of game and developer insights, including details about the game’s setting and story, how fans will actually play as Indy, additional details from his next globe-trotting adventure, and the premiere of the first gameplay trailer.
  • Avowed: The team at Obsidian will share the first deep dive into the gameplay experience fans can expect in Avowed, their upcoming fantasy action RPG, set in the fantastical, vibrant Living Lands. Learn more about how Obsidian’s expertise in building worlds with deep themes, dynamic gameplay, and thoughtful reactivity come to life in Avowed where players will have agency to make choices to shape every step of their adventure.
  • Ara: History Untold: Hear from the leads at Oxide Games – a studio founded by veterans of the strategy genre and the creators behind classic strategy titles including Civilization V – as they unveil exclusive new gameplay and share more details about the inspiration, key features, and road ahead for their upcoming historical grand strategy game.
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II: Ninja Theory take us behind the scenes at their studio in Cambridge to give us some insight on how they are crafting Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. The team will speak to the ambition and meticulous care involved in creating Senua’s journey of survival.
Shortly after Developer_Direct has concluded, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK, a standalone presentation where the development team will unveil the game’s next major Chapter, including the new zone, storyline, and other major features coming in the game’s biggest update this year.
Stay tuned to Xbox and Bethesda’s official social channels for more on Developer_Direct, coming on Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK.

Last edited:
Art is nice. Though I wish it was a couple of days in advance rather than a whole week.
  • Want to play Ara 🔥 Missing some good CIV games.
  • Indiana is here too. Nice surprise.
  • Hope Avowed has a good showing. The reveal was not that great.
  • Also I guess this time we will get the date for HB2 and more gameplay

kyussman

Looking forward to seeing yet more footage of the guys and gals from Ninja Theory wandering around Iceland.

Last edited:
Looks like there will be an update on the Indiana Jones game.
Developer-Direct-2024-5039dcadfcd5ef079bf1.jpg

Okay, so are folks going to sow gloom and doom over the lack of Perfect Dark and Fable updates here? Or have we already forgotten that Microsoft had one of these without showing off Starfield (and instead gave Starfield its own show) last year?

I'm inclined to think that while these are some great 2024 heavy hitters...there's one or two AAAs that they're keeping up their sleeve. Most likely Perfect Dark since it's supposedly the furthest along in development.

Ozriel

M$FT
So if I read right there wont be direct gameplay from Senua but more content of Ninja Theory leads jerking off face camera about how awesome they are ?

Where did you read that?

Absolutely nothing saying they won’t mix gameplay into the ‘behind the scenes’ talk

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Indiana Jones reveal?

Yes, sir.

• Indiana Jones game: MachineGames, the award-winning studio behind the recent Wolfenstein series, will reveal their upcoming Indiana Jones game, an action-adventure that puts players in the leather jacket of the legendary archaeologist. Developer_Direct will showcase more than 10 minutes of game and developer insights, including details about the game’s setting and story, how fans will actually play as Indy, additional details from his next globe-trotting adventure, and the premiere of the first gameplay trailer.

Harrison Ford GIF

ungalo

Cool to see gameplay for Indy and Avowed. Another behind the scene for Hellblade 2 seem useless unless they talk more in detail about the combats or "exploration" and we get to see the gameplay loop and not just shots of the face of Melina Juergens.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I expect 1 minute trailer with 30 secs of Indy footage and 30 seconds of animated logos.

Stoked to hear more about Ara tho. Oxide is a strong team and we need more games like Ara.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The show will be a celebration of just a selection of our slate of upcoming games from Xbox. It’s also another part of our commitment to consistently bringing Xbox players can’t-miss experiences. 2024 kicked off with a bang for Game Pass members, and you can expect that line-up to include more incredible games from Xbox and our partners as the year goes on.
This feels to me a small sidestep of the last few days drama about them becoming third party maybe putting some of their games on concurrent consoles. The word commitment just jumped at me. Good to see more about Awowed. What I find curious is that unlike Nintendo Direct and Sony state of play, who just give us a tease/ short summary of what will be shown, we learned a lot about this upcoming direct.

Embearded

I see they mention Activision Blizzard in there, maube that's when we are gonna hear about Diablo IV Season 3.

StereoVsn

Does anyone out there younger then like 35-40 care for an Indy game? I mean the last good movie was “The Last Crusade” which will be 35 years since release sometime this year.

Also, considering current trends and the last couple of movies it could be just terrible, heavily laden with “messaging” Sweet Baby Inc style (are they involved?).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I am beginning to give truth to the rumors that say that Indiana Jones may be a game released in 2024. MachineGames usually has short gaps between the first gameplay presentation and the release...

Last year, all the games they showed at Developer-Direct were 2023 release games.

So, you may very well be onto something.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Excited to see Indiana Jones and how they go about it.

But what the fuck is this:
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II: Ninja Theory take us behind the scenes at their studio in Cambridge to give us some insight on how they are crafting Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. The team will speak to the ambition and meticulous care involved in creating Senua’s journey of survival.
Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Also, I like how this official promo image has all three colors: Green, Blue, and Red.

Bringing all 3 communities together ❤️ 😛

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Excited to see Indiana Jones and how they go about it.

But what the fuck is this:
Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office
Haven't we had a few of those already?

Its time we get solid gameplay slice and release date

Top Bottom