• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN Global Championships 2013 - US Qualifier Stream - Aug. 17 & 18

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
1098240_10151640561023883_1472752957_n.jpg

Get ready for the next battle! The 2013 Global Championships of TEKKEN is underway! TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2: Unlimited players from around the world will battle it out to see who the world’s best player is! Our friends at Namco Bandai Games are putting together a grand show for the TEKKEN fans! Round 1 Amusement plays host to this weekend’s US qualifier here in Southern California and Mad Catz is running the official stream!

In collaboration with the San Diego FGC & SDTEKKEN, Mad Catz will be providing a high quality stream on both Saturday & Sunday this weekend starting at 1PM PST! Don’t miss out on the fierce competition! Special thanks to Round 1 Amusement and Ultimate Combo Finish for helping to make this possible!

Top placing North American player at EVO 2013, Bronson ‘insanelee’ Tran will be in attendance as will the SoCal regulars including LevelUpYourGame’s Rip and AvoidingThePuddle’s Aris. This weekend’s champion will earn themselves an all expense paid trip to South Korea later this year for the Global Championship Finals in Seoul!

You can catch all the action from this weekend here:

Starts at 1PM PST on both Saturday and Sunday!

Special Deals & Promos

1185566_10151762806032978_1429753030_n.jpg

Special Club NAMCO deal for this weekend's TEKKEN Global Championship - US Qualifier! The limited edition 'NAMCO Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S' from Mad Catz is on sale for only $99.99 with FREE shipping! Check the image for details! To purchase this sought after item & for more information, click below:

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/ThemeID.24355600/productID.236817100

NOTE: Offer valid for US & Canada only. Free shipping only applies to US.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'll be showing off our new Mad Catz Arcade FightStick KE (Korean Edition) on the live stream, so if you're interested in a K-stick, make sure you tune in!

Some teaser images/shots...

1185882_10151640618033883_311143157_n.jpg

1150181_10151640616398883_1994391001_n.jpg

Horseress

MadCatz should make offers to people outside of North America, I'm from Brazil and sticks are really REALLY hard to find here, specially the good ones =/ MARKMAN PLS

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MadCatz should make offers to people outside of North America, I'm from Brazil and sticks are really REALLY hard to find here, specially the good ones =/ MARKMAN PLS

I apologize. We don't sell/ship directly there so there's nothing we can do :(

I know about the taxes/tariffs and high cost to import things there so hopefully we'll be able to do something in the near future.

Sigh...Tekken is my first fighting game love. I had crazy fun with SF back in the day when I discovered it in a random bowling alley, but Tekken captured me. Loved King, and mained him in every iteration since.

Horseress

I apologize. We don't sell/ship directly there so there's nothing we can do :(

I know about the taxes/tariffs and high cost to import things there so hopefully we'll be able to do something in the near future.

No problem, I know it's hard for you guys right now as it is. I hope something changes in the near future

Accoun

Too much damn lag in the streams, looks like it's fixed now though.

Not really. I know I'm from Poland, far from the US, have a pretty bad connection, but I never had any problems on medium quality (I'm on Android app, I guess it might be 480p or something) regardless of country. Here it lags like hell.

Dereck

Not really. I know I'm from Poland, far from the US, have a pretty bad connection, but I never had any problems on medium quality (I'm on Android app, I guess it might be 480p or something) regardless of country. Here it lags like hell.
It's lagging again now like you said.

Ultimatum

Banned
Always loved tekken but I didn't realise it was taken serious by the competitive scene, pretty cool. Does anyone use Lee or Raven?

AAK

Thanks for doing this MarkMan... I won't be able to tune in for the majority of it but much love for keeping the scene alive.

Doomshine

Some great matches for top 16.

Chet vs Naps? Give it to me. Aris vs Rip? Sure I've seen it before, but the stakes are way higher this time. Bronson vs Kane? Sign me up.

Accoun

Suddenly, I jumped a round forward. :-/

Also, are there people playing in the background? I'm sure I've heard "KO" in the middle of a match picked up by the commentators' microphones...

Accoun

Ah, true. They said before they're gonna skip the losers' bracket (maybe except one fight) before it started today.

Accoun

By the way, players can't change their characters in that tournament. But are they allowed to change the character order (so f. ex. Rip usually starts with Law, but he wants to start next fight with Paul)? Haven't played TTT2, so I dunno if it's even possible without going back to character select.

Doomshine

By the way, players can't change their characters in that tournament. But are they allowed to change the character order (so f. ex. Rip usually starts with Law, but he wants to start next fight with Paul)? Haven't played TTT2, so I dunno if it's even possible without going back to character select.

You can hold the tag button before the round starts to change the point character.

Top Bottom