• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Spain lists Call of Duty: Ghosts for Vita

Foshy

Turn me into a ghost if old

Screen-Shot-2013-08-18-at-18.18.06.png

The Spanish wing of GameStop has listed a version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for Sony’s handheld. So far, nothing has been confirmed about the Vita version, but given that it’s coming to all current and next generation home consoles, it could be making its way to the system.

Gamescom is in just two days time, so if we’re going to hear anything about it, we’ll find out then. The game is out in November though, so it’s quite late into development if true, surely.

Now, if this was Tesco I’d be taking this as very likely, as they were the ones who initially leaked Ghosts. But it’s GameStop, who have a history of listing nonsense, such as recently with Assassin’s Creed Rising Phoenix.

It’s an interesting one, anyway, and it’ll be good to see that if it does exist, whether it’s another poorly made spin-off like Black Ops II: Declassified, or a down-specced version of the full game.

Maybe it’s true and, in that case, it shouldn’t be declassified just yet.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/18/gamestop-lists-cod-ghosts-for-vita/

If true, I guess we'll hear about it on Tuesday. Blops Declassified did well, so it's likely we'll see another spin-off (hopefully of higher quality).

maverick40

Would buy if it is a good port.

I don't see why activision wouldn't port this to vita. It will sell more than the Wii U version for sure.

Mileena

Banned
I don't see why not. Vita's terrible Black Ops spinoff outsold Wii U's legit version of Black Ops 2, and Wii U is getting Ghosts.

Samyy

Wow so it did outsell the Wii U in terms of CoD :lol damn
I could see this getting packed in with a 179.99 Vita gotdamn do it Sony!

I wonder if this is what Sledgehammer have been working on.

I mean they're working on something COD, and I honestly can't see two CODs in a year for home consoles as it would trample on the DLC schedules.

Wynnebeck

Banned
That's all I can think of. Hopefully this is one of many titles that are announced.

Yes, I am setting myself up for heartbreak

Stage 5 - Acceptance

You are ready, my child.

I don't see why not. Vita's terrible Black Ops spinoff outsold Wii U's legit version of Black Ops 2, and Wii U is getting Ghosts.

Does bring up an interesting point. Activision knows that Declassified sold on Vita and they would be fools to skip it this year considering they just confirmed Ghosts on Wii U of all platforms.

Ridley327

If this is real, then I doubt anyone should be getting excited for it, as it's assuredly farmed out to a garbage studio, possily even nStigate once again.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'd buy the shit out of a good Vita port of Ghosts. Either this is an error or this is going to be a Gamescom announcement. Only a couple days until we find out.

Mokubba

Honestly didn't think Activision will give it a second chance but...
I forgot about this fact:

It needs a good standalone CoD.
Noone will buy CoD: Ghosts on Vita...

If it has cross saves it might do well like NFS: MW

Drop the vita's price and make a bundle with this and killzone and offer some good deals on black friday.
It would mean there will be a COD and Killzone on PS4 and Vita.

Could work

Why not? It'll do better than on wiiu

Hopefully it is just a placeholder for a good standalone CoD.
Noone will buy CoD: Ghosts on Vita...

After last year Activision will shit out anything because Declassified actually sold well for the install base. Be happy with the port.

Contrare, mon frere, it will be N-stigate, not Nihilistic, who will craft this fine piece of software. *read in villainous french accent*

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am still not convinced the vita will see a port, but the timing is a little suspect since gamescom is in a couple of days.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Always thought Vita could get another CoD but I figured it'd be an original game and unrelated to ghosts and would be an iOS port for $40.

But yeah if the Wii U got Ghosts then I can see the Vita getting it too.

Treyarch actually has a dedicated Nintendo team to work on those ports, though.

As far as anyone knows, Sledgehammer is one of the CoD support studios for IW.
But they're not supporting on Ghosts - Raven and Neversoft are, Sledge are doing something COD related though, so it isn't outside the realms of possibility that they're putting a decent effort into a Vita offering.

Top Bottom