• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 screenshots

forza_motorsport_5_26.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_34.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_33.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_32.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_31.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_30.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_28.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_27.jpg

forza_motorsport_5_29.jpg
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/forza_motorsport_5/screenshots.html

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And then when we go to download our photos it will look like this:

tUhcUfO.jpg
In all seriousness, how did you transform the picture that much? Surely it wasn't just jpg-convert + imgur, right?

nib95

Banned
Looks sharp, but they're still yet to nail the lighting and colour palette. Unless they've just decided they prefer the stylised slightly non photo realistic look.

REV 09

This setting doesn't look as good as the e3 track to me. Interested to see gameplay though. Love Laguna seca.

In terms of visuals, I'm more interested in the environments than the cars. As that's what I'll be looking at when I'm playing it. Nobody plays games like this with the "outside the car view". That's to be left for arcade racers.

Yours frustratingly, Monty Mole.
Lighting isn't as good as I'd thought it'd be.

It's too cold. They need to add some warmth to that lighting. Either that or I need to get my PC monitor calibrated. I'm sure it'll look far more delicious on my VT60.

Whompa

Too clean, plastic and blurry. The first picture illustrates exactly what needs to improve in graphic fidelity overall: giving the scene some natural life. The walls meet at an odd FLAT STRAIGHT line, and the car itself is so architecturally crafted, and so shiny, that it just looks fake. The whole scene isn't believable.

That last screenshot also shows that these renders look best up close.

All those shots are beautifully rendered, for a game, but it's still pretty clear that we're nowhere near 1:1 reality.

kikonawa

bullshots are bullshots.. whats there to comment actually?

they should show some proper ingame videos and pictures

~~Hasan~~

total downgrade lol /s

in all seriousness, the older shots looks better. maybe its just the cars not as good looking or hot cars like the E3 cars.

Doesn't look good but it's 60 FPS, so I guess that was priority.

Also every single Xbone launch game seems rushed to me, like Microsoft is pushing to release unfinished game.

In terms of visuals, I'm more interested in the environments than the cars. As that's what I'll be looking at when I'm playing it. Nobody plays games like this with the "outside the car view". That's to be left for arcade racers.

Yours frustratingly, Monty Mole.

It's too cold. They need to add some warmth to that lighting. Either that or I need to get my PC monitor calibrated. I'm sure it'll look far more delicious on my VT60.

This. The super high quality interiors are nice in games, but outside of photomode (which I rarely visit) I'd like to see better environments. We've hit a wall in terms of quality and detail for cars... you can't improve them much more to be honest... but environments have a ways to go to improve. I can't wait to see the Nurburgring.

KidBeta

Because that's actually what the game will look like in autovista and photomode, obviously.

Why do people do this *everytime*?

Because people are generally interested in the mode you play 90% of the game in, not the make everything look pretty as possible whilst you take pictures mode.

Seanspeed

Banned
Because people are generally interested in the mode you play 90% of the game in, not the make everything look pretty as possible whilst you take pictures mode.
You will get to see footage of it, don't worry. Its on the showfloor. And its not like we haven't seen any gameplay footage of it yet.

Its just nonsense to say these are bullshots when they *are* in-game shots. Believe it or not, a lot of us quite enjoy the photo-taking aspects in Forza.

People will just always complain.

Yes, and all the Sony PS4 games looked super polished at E3. *cough Driveclub* *cough Knack*

Knack is just medicore at best and Driveclub probably got bitten in the ass by it's own ambition nad now they have problems.

The only game from Sony camp that has me excited is Killzone.

Xbone games could just use few more months.

Top Bottom