• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 screenshots

zoukka

Can't really tell much based on screens anymore. Motion blur and photomode pretty much render screenshots of racing games pointless and people end up comparing how many tris a headlight has :b

Need 60fps captured videos!

Show me an example of a Forza "bullshot" that could not be replicated with the in-game photo mode...

too easy

FM_458_poster.jpg

forza4-6.jpg

The whole 1st demo was fake too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
leguna seca looks great. cant wait to see some gameplay!

Not sure what you're trying to prove.
Looks like Forza 4 to me. Not "bullshots."
One is a screen from Autovista mode and I'm pretty sure that desert background was an option in photo mode despite not being an in-game track.

Lol, as someone who tries to sound to know a lot about Forza, you sure showed how wrong you are.

EDIT: I can't find a higher quality feed, but you can easily tell the lighting and detail differences regardless of the low video bitrate.

http://youtu.be/xw0sEywe3_4?t=1m52s

op_ivy

opens thread. sees beautifu screens. reads bitching about photomode bullshots. wonders if these people are new to modern racing games? wonders why this shit allows follows forza threads but not much other ones (aside from codemasters, lol)?

also, show off a new new location PLEASE

lol
You're trying too hard dude.

? Um.. you said they didn't release a bullshot. You get proved wrong.

You then say that's actual footage.

So I post the actual "real time" footage, and it looks completely different.

You then say that I'm "trying too hard" as to imply I'm the one that's trolling.

Go away.

EDIT:

Found a much higher quality video. Let's compare...
http://youtu.be/REnYXw-Fbq4?t=1m34s

Not even close to the same detail quality.

G_Berry

Banned
I love how people shit on the graphics when almost everyone whos actually played it says it looks fucking fantastic.

ethomaz

Banned
I love how people shit on the graphics when almost everyone whos actually played it says it looks fucking fantastic.
Opinions are opinions... I think everybody can have one ;)

Except the lighting the graphics looks great for me.

vio

This screenshots looks very weak. Not saying final game will look same but this doesn`t look impressive at all. Also if ever learned anything about screenshots is that racing games screenshots are the worst.

p3tran

Banned
Dude...

Lmao.
now to be fair, NOBODY ever took that bullshot to be anything else than a bullshot when it was released.

and i dont think that anybody claims that the photos released earlier where NOT a part of the game and photomode etc, but rather some bullshoter magic trickery.

on gamersyde there are a couple of good offscreen videos from E3.
those should give EVERYBODY a very good opinion of how the game looks.
no point at all bringing up pre-forza4 stuff here.

jett

D-Member
now to be fair, NOBODY ever took that bullshot to be anything else than a bullshot when it was released.

and i dont think that anybody claims that the photos released earlier where NOT a part of the game and photomode etc, but rather some bullshoter magic trickery.

Anybody familiar with Che Chou(Turn10's ex-community manager), knows this is wrong.

Nooo, I remember the whole thing. Of course it wasn't everybody.. but I remember it well. Even with the released videos comparing it to the real time demo, people still denied those were PR shots because they said the youtube videos were too blurry.

Xanadu

Banned
Nooo, I remember the whole thing. Of course it wasn't everybody.. but I remember it well. Even with the released videos comparing it to the real time demo, people still denied those were PR shots because they said the youtube videos were too blurry.

fordgtguy comes to mind lol

p3tran

Banned
Anybody familiar with Che Chou(Turn10's ex-community manager), knows this is wrong.
I dont even think that che was around near forza 4.

anyway, to today: do you, or phosphor believe that the pics of forza 5 shown are out-of-game bullshots?
I dont think so..

there so much new stuff to look forward to today, this thing is not even worth of a discussion
fordgtguy comes to mind lol
yeah, ok.. if by "some people" you mean this, then you guys are trolling me :D
fordgt guy even called me a ..playstation troll that trolled forza at one point. does not really count :D

"At Turn 10 we don't do bullshots!"

anyway, to today: do you, or phosphor believe that the pics of forza 5 shown are out-of-game bullshots?
I dont think so..

there so much new stuff to look forward to today, this thing is not even worth of a discussion

He left shortly after.

jett

D-Member

I may have been thinking of something else. But someone at Microsoft was claiming it was real.

I dont think so..

They are bullshots in the sense that they are downsampled pictures with unrealistic image quality that won't be found in the game when you're actually playing.

That autovista shit from FM4, that was just straight up CG being masqueraded as in-game.

disap.ed

Yikes that's bad. Why does Seca always get the short end of the stick in racing games? GT5 had the upscaled GT4 version of the track too. Hopefully that'll be fixed in GT6.

What's wrong with this one?

Just compared it to pCARS and think the Forza5 version doesn't compare too badly:

Okay. pCARS is in preAlpha state (especially visible on the foliage) but this is actually one of the more complete looking tracks.

What's wrong with this one?

Just compared it to pCARS and think the Forza5 version doesn't compare too badly:

Okay. pCARS is in preAlpha state but this is actually one of the more complete looking tracks.
that's project cars? it looks like ass. Why is that game being lauded as a graphical showpiece, both GT and Forza look quite a bit better.

op_ivy

that laguna seca overhead shot looks fine. really shows off how far out the actual draw distance is. lots of 3d detail even pretty far off.

What is it about Forza's art style that makes the pictures so obviously not real? Is it the lighting?

It looks really nice, but you'd never mistake one of these stills for a real car on a real road.

Vire

Looks pretty disappointing to me. *shrug*

Oh well. Textures and lighting just aren't there.

Seanspeed

Banned
so is spa not playable at gamescom? shame

Don't even pretend you didn't know this. You've been following the threads just fine.

Anyways, yea, Turn 10 had that *one* instance of having bullshots with the Ferrari 458. Lots of GT fans like to go on and on about it as if its normal practice or something for Turn 10. That one dude was wrong in saying they've never done it, but realistically, you can trust that what they show is going to be representative of what you can do in the game and that's what matters.

Top Bottom