• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade II Screenshot Thread | Best looking game this gen so far?

TxKnight7

Available on PC and Xbox Series consoles.

Hellblade 2 is an incredible looking game using Unreal Engine 5 technology
here you can share your favorite and best screenshots of the game.

Let the fun begin!
Ot2xMGA.jpeg

Imgur: almost no loss during the upload, simple to use.
Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
Lensdump: Free unlimited permanent image storage with almost no loss in quality.
Limits: 4 screenshots per post.

DF:
Hellblade 2 is a defining moment in the evolution of real-time graphics".
(The Next Level in Real-Time Visuals)
Game
Takes advantage of everything UE5 offers
- Final game 'lives up to the lofty expectations' of the 2019 reveal
- Character rendering sets new standards and nearly resembles movie sequences with actual actors
- Leverages Unreal's Meta Human 5 to bypass the uncanny valley feel
- DF were left guessing whether some cut-scenes were in-game or real life footage (photo mode shows they're all real time)

Last edited:

keraj37

I was thinking about creating same thread.
I hope people will post here, I am not buying that game myself, but am very interested how it really looks.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It was always going to take the title. AAA budget but 6 hours of game time, meaning the majority of the money went into the presentation, graphics, and art. Other games with similar or higher budgets are much longer and more varied.

The scale and scope are extremely restrictive, however.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Saw some benchmarks, 4k, maximum settings, DLSS quality needs a 4090 to clear 60fps in the 1%. A 4080 does 60fps average at those settings.

FireFly

It was always going to take the title. AAA budget but 6 hours of game time, meaning the majority of the money went into the presentation, graphics, and art. Other games with similar or higher budgets are much longer and more varied.

I am curious what the budget actually was though as they only had an 80 man team and only started full production after mid 2021.

saintjules

Whats 6-8 hours for the person making that statement may not be the same for you and me.

Someone will find a way to blast through the game in 3 or 4 hours and others might take 8 or 10 hours. Always varies.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I think that graphics is too unclean for it to be "best looking game", however models and animations are incredible

Traxtech

Given how good the order looked with the borders since they can push more fidelity, it makes sense.

Looks fantastic

ZehDon

It's gone for the same poorly-processed-chemically-treated-film look that TLOU2's egregious post-processing went all in on, albeit with much improved quality of the underlying rendering. I thought that look was pretty unappealing then, and I still find it pretty unappealing here. Trying to look like bad film stock doesn't win me over, frankly, and just highlights how much the developer really really wants to make movies.

Darsxx82

I have finished the initial chapter and it is simply the most visually impressive thing of this gen and it has awakened in me a very high hope in me about what we will see from UE5 in the future.

Nanite, Lumen, atmospheric effects, animations and character detail is incredible.

This hasn't got a AAA budget, only 80 people worked on this for 4yrs not 7yrs as some would have you believe.

Top Bottom