• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J Stars Victory Vs (in case you missed it...)

shaowebb

CN7GPVw.gif

iAcHrs3h4X1x0.gif

OGLnNXc.gif

LcssjTv.gif

IhYDoR3.gif

1st trailer Eng Subbed
2nd trailer Eng Subbed
Extended 2nd trailer with Yusuke/Gon Teaser

Link to a Youtube Channel thats following this title and posting news as they find it along with general hype

Looked around and I didn't really see much listed on this and what I did see was a bunch of posts of folks saying "Oh my God I didn't know about this" so I made a thread for folks to post screens, and trailers as they come out.. Trailers keep coming out announcing characters for this game so heres a thread to post some news in as it comes out.

J Star Victory VS looks to be a brawling fighting game for the PS3 and Vita and I dont have a clue when it comes out but AnimeGaf should know about this as it likely slipped through some folks' radar with it being an import only title so far.

Already confirmed:
  • Goku (dragonball z series)
  • Luffy (One Piece)
  • Himura Kenshin (Ruruoni Kenshin)
  • Toriko (toriko)
  • Ichigo (Bleach)
  • Naruto (Naruto)
  • Kankichi Ryoutsu(Kochi Kame)
  • Gintoki Sakata(Gintama)
  • Gon(HunterxHunter)
  • Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)

So share news, have fun.

Here's a couple of screens.

qKTiZc0.jpg

b9Vn5JM.jpg

THKRV3O.jpg

i6eKOhU.jpg

EDIT:

Forgot to list the stages seen so far

Alabasta (One Piece)
Namek (Dragon Ball Z)
Konoha (Naruto)
Vegetable Sky (Toriko)
Dark Tournament Stadium (Yū Yū Hakusho)

DOUBLE EDIT:

Gameplay info was found on SIliconera by Zonic 505

siliconera said:
J-Stars Victory Vs. has two on two fights with Shonen Jump characters like Luffy and Ichigo. A round continues until one team fills up their Win gauge. The meter on the top left is your team’s Win gauge and the meter on the top right is the other team’s Win gauge. The bottom left shows your character’s life and stamina meters. The bottom right has a map and the stage, Planet Namek in this screenshot. Players accumulate some meter in their your Win gauge by knocking out opponents. Knocked out characters are automatically revived until the match ends.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/2...en-the-win-gauge-is-full/#dbS28TDO5SMbtlqz.99
siliconera said:
There are four types of attacks in J-Stars Victory Vs.: Normal attacks (top left) – your basic move. These are fast attacks that do not consume stamina. Power attack (top right) – slow, but powerful strikes that can also break an opponent’s guard. Uses stamina. Ranged attacks (bottom left) – long range attacks that deal a lot of damage. Also uses stamina. Enemies can sidestep these attacks. Special attacks (bottom right) – signature character moves like Ichigo’s Getsuga Tenshou. Characters have their own play styles too. Goku and Ichigo are mobile fighters that specialize in battling in the air. Luffy and Toriko prefer to rush into combat and unleash barrages of attacks against their enemies. Kenshin and Naruto specialize in fighting two opponents at the same time.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/2...en-the-win-gauge-is-full/#dbS28TDO5SMbtlqz.99

Bladenic

Im importing this so hard if it won't get localized. Wish I would have imported Jump Super/Ultimate stars but this will do.

Yusuke and Kenshin all over me

Those screens are really good, I love the graphics of the game and from the trailers, it seems like it'll be really fun to play!

shaowebb

I fell out of anime a long while back but it didn't seem right that his wasnt getting passed around for Anime fans since so many of its cast so far should appeal to both older and newer fans.

Kenshin is what nabbed me. I really liked that series...all 95 + episodes.

Man what an enjoyable gif of Naruto getting beaten up by Goku, loving it already!

Cannot wait to play this game, hope over 30 characters are in this game!

Sad part is that the more characters introduced makes it less likely of an international version. Thankfully PS3 and Vita is not region locked.

Salex

Banned
This game is looking really good and I hope there's more Yu Yu Hakusho characters (Hiei pls). It doesn't make any sense to NOT bring this to the states. Bleach/Naruto/DBZ/and a few others are really popular. Do they not want money?

solomon

Can't wait but I keep seeing that its only 2 v 2, sort of sucks because me and two buds wanted to import but seems like one of us will always be with an npc. Hopefully we can do 3 person free for all.

Will be importing this, wish more of my IRL friends were into these series the way I am most of them only know DBZ, Naruto, and One Piece

shaowebb

Can't wait but I keep seeing that its only 2 v 2, sort of sucks because me and two buds wanted to import but seems like one of us will always be with an npc. Hopefully we can do 3 person free for all.

Ive seen a few sites claim it may be a tag fighter. Im hoping that means team moves or assists.

This game is looking really good and I hope there's more Yu Yu Hakusho characters (Hiei pls). It doesn't make any sense to NOT bring this to the states. Bleach/Naruto/DBZ/and a few others are really popular. Do they not want money?

Licensing is always an issue because not everyone will consent to their characters being sent overseas or some sort of other legal bullcrap. Also while they do want money, its not like they have crazy sales with games like these from what I know, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Really shouldve gone Naruto Ultimate Ninja style graphics.....no idea why they went this way instead

No, why copy Ninja Storm graphics style when this style works out just as well?

You have to remember that Naruto has its own drawing style which the series and game is based on while this game is a crossover of different characters with different drawing styles of each author.

I highly doubt its just 2v2, there is 1v1 but simply no screenshots available of one player playing.

In fact I think one of the screenshot is a FFA (free for all).

solomon

Ive seen a few sites claim it may be a tag fighter. Im hoping that means team moves or assists.

Yeah, to this day still play jump on the ds because of its mechanics hopefully this game isn't a button mash type of game with little to no combos.

JordanN

Banned
They need to announce some females to balance things out. Right now it's nothing but men (which is kinda boring).

Day 1 import. Cause lord knows we'll never get it stateside. That's fine though, I imported Battle Stadium, Jump Superstars and Ultimate Stars, I'll do the same for this. Just need Oga Tatsumi and I'll be all in.

EDIT: There were a couple of threads about this game already though. Although, having a comprehensive thread for all future news is nice.

Its Shonen Jump... Male to Female main character ratio is like 95% male vs 5% female and thats being generous.

Are there any female Jump protagonists beyond Medaka and Arale? Can't think of any others off the top of my head. I guess that girl from Double Arts may count, but she might be considered a deutragonist.

Edit: I guess Jolyne, but it's not like they'd throw in all 8 JoJo protagonists (if they even threw in any).

Day 0. Purchased.

EDIT: Day -1 purchase once Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Robin, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Teen Gohan, Oga/Beel and Medoka are in.

Was hoping for a true squeal to the DS games. . . so disappointing,

What? I've bought both JSS & JUS (THRICE!) and this is SO MUCH BETTER.

Edit: I guess Jolyne, but it's not like they'd throw in all 8 JoJo protagonists (if they even threw in any).

Jotaro Kujo is definitely going to be in. (Either rival with Dio or Kenshiro)

Can't believe they actually put my boy Yuskue in this. Hella hyped.

Of course they would. It's a WSJ classic.

Glad its not like the jump stars games on DS, and I like this art style. Will import for Vita, thank god its not region locked.

I'm glad someone made a thread to post all the news that shows up in.

I'm still hoping to see Oga Tatsumi and Bossun eventually. Once those 2 are in I'll be happy. If they don't make it then I don't really care, because just having Luffy and Gintoki in it makes it a must buy for me already. Having them in would be cool though.

It looks awesome, at least compared to other anime based 3d fighters. Battle of Z, anyone?
Still, what's with that lame character selection? Break out the extra's, get Vegeta and android 18[so there's at least one girl] in there, and old 3 eyes from Yuyu, and how about Sanji? Hatman from Bleach, and old punchy-maru from the sword swinger show.
... I forgot a lot of the names.

Why aren't they using time skip Ichigo? :(
Hollow Transformation please

If you notice in the first gif, Goku turned into Super Saiyan while beating up Naruto.

Also Ichigo is in Bankai in the bottom screenshots.

I'm sure there are costume choices for each character. Luffy alone has like 12 different colored vests and pants. Not to mention his timeskip appearance with the scar.

lol, they're not going to put anyone from a cancelled series in there. Its current big hits and classics and that's it.

? But Medaka Box finished to its natural end.... Sure it might have ranked low and sold low but it did finish unlike other manga such as Kurogane which abruptly ended in the middle of an arc.

Westlo

Jump tapped medaka box on its back and motioned slow down letting it come to some sort of ending. Not like other series where jump does that spear move from eye shield 21s rival to stop them in their tracks.

And any medaka character in this should be kumagawa period, MBA doesn't hit three digits in chapter count without him.

Can't get over the amount of people bitching about the games art style / design.

Im glad this isn't celshaded that has been done to hell and back. The characters look true to their designs and the animations and models look amazing. Not every game needs to be celshaded with outlines...

Top Bottom