• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J Stars Victory Vs (in case you missed it...)

Kusagari

Didn't it overtake Bleach?

The anime is insanely popular, probably because it follows One Piece as said, and it beats Bleach in the Jump rankings but Bleach volumes still sell more than Toriko.

Toriko's volume sales are honestly pretty pathetic considering how much it gets pushed.

Seeing how slowly they are releasing information on characters, I don't think the final number is too high. However it's bandai so I'm sure there will be a ton of DLC characters.

Toriko looks like a character Gintama's creators would make to caricature dragon ball z. With Naruto in there as well, there is an overabundance of orange jump suits if all 3 are in one fight.

ZoddGutts

Funny, he's probably the least popular of all the currently announced characters.

Even it's movie and game aren't doing all that well. Shonen Jump is trying way too hard to make Toriko the next big thing only for it not to really happen, while Assassination Classroom is already outselling Toriko in manga sells easily, Kuroko is also outselling Toriko.

Toriko's volume sales are honestly pretty pathetic considering how much it gets pushed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm kinda disappointed at the trailers though.

Maybe because I'm expecting something loud and flashy like Jojo or SRW trailers, but these trailers feel... lame in comparison.

The anime is insanely popular, probably because it follows One Piece as said, and it beats Bleach in the Jump rankings but Bleach volumes still sell more than Toriko.

Ah I see. Yikes.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Can't post it because of the scan rule, but Vegeta from Dragonball Z, Sasuke from Naruto, and Zebra from Toriko have been revealed.

Thank goodness it's not just the main character from each series.

Sylver

Banned
Didn't Gon get announced? Where is the Gon footage?

That's all we have plus some scaned screenshots:
ibyN1Q5b4sSxAK.gif

C-Sword

I have yet to enjoy a game featuring anime characters. Hopefully, this game will be different. I used to read a lot of mangas, but the games based on them never impressed me. This here does look way better than Battle Of Z.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
New scan shows vegeta, sasuke uchika, zebra from toriko and yusuke urameshi demon form(in case you missed it... lol)

Dr.Hadji

I don't know all of these series. But what are the respective power levels of all the characters?

Goku on top?
If judged by most recent arcs. Ichigo > Naruto> Luffy.
Kenshin on bottom?

I don't know all of these series. But what are the respective power levels of all the characters?

Goku on top?
Kenshin on bottom?

Ehh cross universe power levels are never entirely fair such as the Ruronin Kenshin universe which has just slightly stronger than human characters.

Evilisk

Goku on top?
Kenshin on bottom?

It'd be really hard to tell because it's crossing over so many series.

And then you get cases like Gintoki who, in his home series is really just a better than average swordsman with no powers whatsoever, but here he's getting stuff like kamehameha and presumably other joke moves referencing other series.

All I know for sure is that Goku is on top and from what I know of Kochikame, Kochikame guy would be on the bottom. All of the others are somewhere in between.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New scan showing that Jaguar Junichi (that flute guy from Jump Ultimate Stars) from Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar will appear as a support character (meaning he's not playable), while Taro Yamada from Chinyuki: Taro to Yukaina Nakama Tachi is confirmed as a playable character.

J-Tier

Nevermind, Jaguar is support. I didn't look t the little blue hexagon. It says right there...it's a shame. (Though supports mean that there'll probably be tons of series representation, as well as secondary characters making appearances).

On a different note, Tarou is clearly a spoof of son goku from Journey to the West. He looks hilarious, and would probably be a fun troll character.

J-Tier

Daw.

Please have Eyeshield 21 characters as supports please please please

It would be cool if Sena were playable, that would be awesome. I can see him charging around using tackles and his Devil bat specials and have his main quirk revolve around his run speed (I know canonically, he's leagues slower than the likes of Naruto and Goku, but the frame of reference for his own series emphasizes his own speed so that could be exaggerated for this game and no one would bat an eye at it). He could probably even summon his team members like Hiruma could pop in with some firearms, Kurita could slam down on them, and Monta could probably grab them.

It would be cool if Sena were playable, that would be awesome. I can see him charging around using tackles and his Devil bat specials and have his main quirk revolve around his run speed (I know canonically, he's leagues slower than the likes of Naruto and Goku, but the frame of reference for his own series emphasizes his own speed so that could be exaggerated for this game and no one would bat an eye at it). He could probably even summon his team members like Hiruma could pop in with some firearms, Kurita could slam down on them, and Monta could probably grab them.

hnnngh

Somehow I doubt they'd make the effort for a playable sports hero, but stranger things have happened.

....I know Jaguar, and I'm sad he's not playable..

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?

My thoughts exactly. Jaguar is awesome and I remember him from Jump Ultimate Stars, but the other guy must be super niche because it was hard to find info on him. The only thing I could find on him was that he's on an OVA.

It's funny I'm playing JUS right now and just got to the world Jaguar comes from, looking up who he was revealed he was confirmed for this game (as a support).

Edit: Who is the big baby character? I can't find any info on him anywhere

A.E Suggs

I only expect Arale =P

I was about to say who...but then I remembered. Still I wouldn't say this because the game has secondary characters like vegeta and sasuke. I at least expect medaka like people are saying, maybe lala from to-love-ru as well.

I'll admit Toriko has some lame stuff and that it's getting a pretty big push, but the action in the anime is legitimately pretty awesome.

iIeimWwnJHhF9.gif

Malajax

Why is Kenshiro not in this ? Wasn't HNK a Jump manga ?

Yes. If Kenshiro isn't in this, it's a failure of a Shonen Jump title. So, expect to hear about it soon.

There really isn't enough representation of the old guard. Kochikame aside, they're mostly pulling from the last 25 years.

There really isn't enough representation of the old guard. Kochikame aside, they're mostly pulling from the last 25 years.

The last 25 years is where they've had the vast majority of their success, at least in the mainstream's eyes, so obviously they're going to focus more on those series'.

Platy

I was about to say who...but then I remembered. Still I wouldn't say this because the game has secondary characters like vegeta and sasuke. I at least expect medaka like people are saying, maybe lala from to-love-ru as well.

My post was before the secondary were revealed.

But I have to say .... even still I can't remember lots of girls that could fit in =P

Malajax

The last 25 years is where they've had the vast majority of their success, at least in the mainstream's eyes, so obviously they're going to focus more on those series'.

Yeah, I agree. Still disappointing as it's their 45th anniversary.
Mantaro needs to be in this game. Same with Hentai Kamen, shit would be ridiculous.
Technically, I don't think Mantaro is part of Shonen Jump proper. Shueshia yes, not Shonen Jump. I'd be more hopeful for Kinnikuman.

Technically, I don't think Mantaro is part of Shonen Jump proper. Shueshia yes, not Shonen Jump. I'd be more hopeful for Kinnikuman.

They at least have the rights to Kinnkuman Nisei, I think. I mean, they put out the manga in the US, so it's not completely unreasonable for him to be in there...I just really want him in there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Medaka (aka first confirmed playable female) & Kumagawa from Medaka Box have been announced via scan.

Edit: I'm hearing Kumagawa is support....

Top Bottom