• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] September 2013 Boxart Thread

Chanser

Boxart revealed in September 2013 and not for games released during this period.
Some of the boxart might be old or placeholder art.

71ECI7I9jpL.jpg
91rsOXsAw1L.jpg
91Jb3M%2BOOJL.jpg

imFzHtR3sZU0y.jpg
ibeSwp6vdSCOqd.jpg

Savitar

That is about the only way I would ever buy the Wind Waker again.

But since I don't own a Wii U and got my doubts I shall there doesn't seem to be a point.

Still I love how that Gannon statue and box looks.

This is a poor excuse, this assumes everyone buying Wind Waker HD has already played it

Doesn't matter if you haven't played it before. It just depicts a fight between Ganon and Link, like in almost every other Zelda game thats been ever made... If a game has been out for 10 years and your worried about spoilers then might as well never go on the internet either.

That's not what I see

So Zelda on a box for a game with Zelda on the title. Seriously even if you've never played the game before this could look like nothing more than promotional art. If you've never played the game before you wouldn't even know it was a "spoiler."

Example 1: This image used to float around in magazines and guidebooks during the time OoT was originally released. Would this be considered spoilers too?

Link-and-Ganon-Battle.jpg

Ridley327

I'm not sure who they made that Valhalla Knights 3 box art for. Certainly, not for anyone on the fence of buying that game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh that PacMan thing is a ........... thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_and_the_Ghostly_Adventures

Pacster a.k.a. Pac-Man (voiced by Erin Mathews) - The last of the yellow Pac-People as the primary protagonist of the series. Pac's father Zac helped in the war against Commander Betrayus (the leader of the ghosts). Pacster is also an orphan that just found out that it's his destiny to defeat the Ghosts and send Betrayus back to the Netherworld permanently. He can eat ghosts just like the legendary Yellow Pacs did back in ancient times. With the power of the berries (which are similar to Power Pellets) from the Tree of Life, he gains helpful abilities like being able to fly, breathe ice, fire, and chrome, etc. Pac-Man is also the strongest and fastest Pac alive. With the help of his friends and the Ghost Gang (Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde), he's ready for action.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

it's weird to see publishers putting their kids games and shovelware on Wii U, I mean usually shovelware and kids games get released for cheaper systems with huge userbase (PS2, Wii, NDS, PSP) so families can buy these sort of games and Wii U don't have that right now.

cafemomo

it's weird to see publishers putting their kids games and shovelware on Wii U, I mean usually shovelware and kids games get released for cheaper systems with huge userbase (PS2, Wii, NDS, PSP) so families can buy these sort of games and Wii U don't have that right now.

Well, it's Ubisoft. If they could, they would put Just Dance on a calculator

Eusis

It's Zelda. There are no spoilers, it's the same thing every game.
It doesn't mean much now, but Ganon was kind of a secret in that game (if nothing else his exact appearance was guarded deep enough and the same applied for Zelda), the fact Link and Zelda team up against him wasn't known ahead of time or even something that happens commonly in the series, and while not really indicated on the cover in and of itself
this one actually could easily have been The End for Hyrule and the classic trinity if Nintendo had the nerve to go through with it, with Hyrule washed away under the sea, Ganon trapped under there, and Link and Tetra leaving to find a new country. Then they make prequels, make split timelines, and even on this timeline they found a Hyrule with a Princess Zelda. Disappointing to me, they could've really let loose with more freedom even if they stuck with a Link.

Top Bottom