• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] September 2013 Boxart Thread

Dawg

Europe WW LE is slightly different:

000000000000029328_GM_SCREEN_0001_M.JPG

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It doesn't mean much now, but Ganon was kind of a secret in that game (if nothing else his exact appearance was guarded deep enough and the same applied for Zelda), the fact Link and Zelda team up against him wasn't known ahead of time or even something that happens commonly in the series, and while not really indicated on the cover in and of itself
this one actually could easily have been The End for Hyrule and the classic trinity if Nintendo had the nerve to go through with it, with Hyrule washed away under the sea, Ganon trapped under there, and Link and Tetra leaving to find a new country. Then they make prequels, make split timelines, and even on this timeline they found a Hyrule with a Princess Zelda. Disappointing to me, they could've really let loose with more freedom even if they stuck with a Link.

Was my post completely ignored or what? The exact same art appeared on the LImited Edition box of the original Wind Waker.

Eusis

Was my post completely ignored or what? The exact same art appeared on the LImited Edition box of the original Wind Waker.
I recalled that, and frankly I have no idea what the fuck Nintendo of Europe was thinking there. I guess getting it later than NA/Japan made them decide the statue of limitations on spoilers lifted, though this wasn't like Raiden in MGS2, an early game twist that quickly spilled all over the internet.

Eusis

The ESRB rating looks kinda weird
Yeah, they changed it. Though Quebec's OCD about being bilingual for every damn thing that's not a name or title means the rating box just looks more bloated up despite cutting down on some of that redundancy.

It's a shame Nintendo decided to spoil the boss fight with Ganondorf before the game's release, both this time and back when the original released. I was fortunate enough to go in blank with the game and it was awesome to learn what happened
to Ganondorf and that he was behind the kidnappings. That final bossfight in the waterfalls with Zelda was amazing as well.

It's a shame Nintendo decided to spoil the boss fight with Ganondorf before the game's release, both this time and back when the original released. I was fortunate enough to go in blank with the game and it was awesome to learn what happened to
Ganondorf and that he was behind the kidnappings. That final bossfight in the waterfalls with Zelda was amazing as well
Well if the box didn't spoil them, you sure did. Why not tag that just in case.

Top Bottom