• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: hundreds of cars (120 new), 24 players online

At least we're not left holding out for something else over the weekend.

There is obviously a great deal left to reveal but I'm not liking the way news is spread so thin.

Us
images

Turn 10
butter-knife1.jpg

It hasn't always been like this though?

I supposed we had the leaked trailer before that answered a lot of questions before T10 had time to drip feed them but before then there was quite a regular dollop of info.

Someone should probably change the thread title.

Also, how come racing game developers are more secretive than any other genre?

Even story-driven games get more pre-release information :/ But devs like Turn 10 and PD seem to act like they work at Area 51 or something.

I just had a race in Gt5 with 16 players in Monza. First chicane massive crash. Imagine the carnage with 24 players. This is a serious problem with racing games. Its almost better to stay behind before Turn 1 and then overtake.

Gestault

Someone should probably change the thread title.

Also, how come racing game developers are more secretive than any other genre?

Even story-driven games get more pre-release information :/ But devs like Turn 10 and PD seem to act like they work at Area 51 or something.

I'd seriously bet the behind-the-scenes stuff is a lot messier than they let on, so the fear of announcing stats or features that don't end up in place (aka MolyneuxSyndrome) is pretty high.

Gestault

I just had a race in Gt5 with 16 players in Monza. First chicane massive crash. Imagine the carnage with 24 players. This is a serious problem with racing games. Its almost better to stay behind before Turn 1 and then overtake.

I wish more Forza 2 players had been aware of this :/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ha, I see I've been spotted!

Anyway, just wanted to post here quickly that the Forza Motorsport 5 product description that was recently posted online was inaccurate and was pulled once we became aware of it. We plan to reveal more details on our car list and multiplayer car count in the coming weeks.

thank you for chiming in and nipping this in the bud - even if its dissapointing that its not confirmed.

i think its safe to assume we'll have at least fm4 numbers of cars on track, but i bet we'll get more. heres to hoping there was some validity to the numbers amazon had. like someone else mentioned, they likely didnt just make them up.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
forza turns you into a ghost car if you drive in reverse or stop

Unfortunately people would just roll along in the right direction when the field came around again after causing a massive turn 1 crash.

Hopefully T10 ghost cars that are about to get lapped in "default" collision mode this time.

In other news, a Moderator from the official forums is trying to claim HeliosT10 isn't the actual Helios.

LOL!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i know the official line on this was that amazon posted "inaccurate information" but phil spencer recently tweeted the following

Phil Spencer @XboxP3 20h
Was down at Turn10 Studios, great progress on Forza 5. Lots of shiny Forza cars on track at 60fps at launch of new generation.
View details ·

dont stop believing!

Mmmmm. Vague bit of info and it's only Monday.

Can't wait to see what gems they have planned for the rest of the week.

By Friday we could be seeing a 1080p/60 video of a moss or suede covered Ariel Atom at Spa.

eso76

i know the official line on this was that amazon posted "inaccurate information" but phil spencer recently tweeted the following

dont stop believing!

If t10 targeted 24 (and at one point they obviously did) I can't imagine the actual figure being very different.
Around 20 maybe ?

I think T10 should go crazy this week and release 2 new pics. You know, just for the hell of it.

Showing us legit footage? never.

This is a game/company which holds everything back until it's leaked, like back when forza 3 was about to come out it took Jube showing us an uploaded photo shot to confirm that compression was shit fucked, it also took people recording the screen at events to confirm anything up until about 2 weeks before release.

m23

2 screenshots in 1 week? Damn, talk about misplaced hope.

Still cannot get into a single room in FM4 :'(

You're also having trouble getting into games? I was trying to set up a lobby with some friends yesterday but they were unable to join me after many tries. They were able to set up their own lobby. I have no idea what the problem is, my NAT seems fine.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Even after those billions of years she's still working flawlessly.

NOTE: real photo, not game

Oddly enough, you've shown the sun in FM5 bathurst is in the wrong place. It's North North east instead of East like it should be.

T10 taking "artistic liberties" with sun placement?

MANGOD

Banned
Who wants to play online with 23 other players that dont have a concept of driving and think its a destruction derby? Fuck that noise

madmackem

So wait is it confirmed 12 players and only 120 cars? they were talking about hundreds or cars i wouldnt call 120 hundreds its a hundred, must be more right?.

Top Bottom