• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much do you plan on spending during the PS4/XBOX ONE launch?

3N16MA

Banned
What does your total cash spent look like right now with only a couple of months left until both consoles launch? I know some of you may purchase both consoles, games, and accessories which is going to add up.

hwy_61

Banned
Oh boy...

$790 so far.

Why the hell did I answer this question.

EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT TAX

EDIT EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT WII U GAMES JESUS CHRIST

PS4 plus 4-5 games and ps+. Not decided on camera, but probably no. I plan to spend a fair amount on current gen and vita though.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't plan these things. I just press the order button and when I'm forced to categorize it in my ledger it's put it in the miscellaneous category.

TUSR

Banned
Potentially whatever the cost of a PS4 + 2 games is.

But chances are ill be waiting until the New Year / whenever Destiny hits.

Jawmuncher

$1140

PS4 with Watch Dogs and Killzone Liberation (Though I might cancel watch dogs for the PC version)

Xbox One (Gift for my brother and dad) with Dead Rising 3 and Call of Duty Hardened Edition.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
$560 right now, with a PS4 with Battlefield and an extra controller, plus tax. Probably won't rise, unless I really start digging the looks of one of the launch games.

Amazon charges tax now so far too much.

Current plans:
Xbox One -541
Dead Rising 3 -64
Forza 5 CE -86
Ryse -64
$755

PS4 -432
Killzone: Shadowfall -64
$496

So about $1251 in all, not counting the digital titles or whether I get a PS Eye. It's a lot but new consoles don't come very often and it's several hundred less than what I spent on my PC I built. Tempted to ship everything to my aunt and uncle's place as they don't pay tax through amazon but it would be a while before I got everything. We'll see I suppose.
Oh boy...

$720 so far.

Why the hell did I answer this question.

EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT TAX
sad_know_that_feel_hug.jpg

Madness

Cost of system, the online subscription plus at least two games... Will buy the other accessories and crap later.

rjinaz

Just the $400 + tax on the PS4. Oh and I'll probably pick up a Plus membership so whatever that comes to for a month. The first game I'll buy is FFXIV whenever that comes. Hopefully not too far after launch.

kennyamr

around $1000

PS4
2nd controller
Camera
Knack
Watch Dogs
Call of Duty Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4
Need for Speed Rivals
Killzon Shadow Fall
Others

R3TRODYCE

$1,444.97

Xbox One-$499.99
PS4 Killzone PS+ bundle-$499.99
Play and charge kit-$24.99
Watchdogs-$60.00
Assassins Creed IV-$60.00
Madden 25-$60.00
Nba 2k14-$60.00
Dead Rising 3-$60.00
Forza 5-$60.00
Ryse-$60.00

evil ways

PS4($399) + Killzone($60). Beyond that it will depend on how either Watch Dogs or AC4 turn out in their final retail versions.

Vaco6121

Currently, $460 for PS4 and Killzone, but it will probably be more than $600 by the time it launches. Haven't decided what games I want to get on release yet.

Gadirok

$0.

I don't buy systems at launch.

Will likely buy a PS4 within the first year though when it gets more compelling software. As for launch titles, Killzone and Resogun aren't nearly enough.

Titles like Rime and Infamous sound promising, but I'll need more than that. Maybe when Titanfall finally arrives to PS4 (likely not awhile). I'm perfectly content with the PS3 and its ongoing support. GTA V and Full Boost blow away anything I want on next-gen consoles. Except maybe infamous, probably going to regret missing that on day one. But knowing me, I might jump in with the February launch of Second Son.

ocsixx

Unconfirmed Member
ps4, another controller and a few games. i will also be adding a ssd as soon as i get it home. had it sent to work and will leave once i get it from amazon on launch day.

hwy_61

Banned
$0.

Waiting a while before getting a new console.

$0. Maybe $20 for the Witcher 2 Xbox edition.

$0.

I don't buy systems at launch.

Will likely buy a PS4 within the first year though when it gets more compelling software. As for launch titles, Killzone and Resogun aren't nearly enough.

Titles like Rime and Infamous sound promising, but I'll need more than that. Maybe when Titanfall finally arrives to PS4 (likely not awhile). I'm perfectly content with the PS3 and its ongoing support. GTA V and Full Boost blow away anything I want on next-gen consoles. Except maybe infamous, probably going to regret missing that on day one.

BOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING

Swarley

$580 + tax. PS4 + Watch_Dogs + AC4: Black Flag + Battlefield 4. Still undecided on if I'll add a second controller at launch or not.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've trimmed my PS4 down to $240 and already covered my BF4 preorder from flipping some stuff. I plan on buying Killzone and I'll probably break down and grab Knack and Ghosts. A year of PS Plus, as well.

homulilly

Banned
However much a ds4 costs. I want one for Final Fantasy XIV on my PC. There's currently nothing coming to ps4 or xbone that interests me.

I have a PS4 preordered with BF4 but moving from Colorado to California added $40 of tax. This, combined with Christmas shopping, has me considering canceling my preorder.

Spasm

$1,444.97

Xbox One
PS4 Killzone PS+ bundle
Play and charge kit
Watchdogs
Assassins Creed IV
Madden 25
Nba 2k14
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Ryse

'Sup, multi-bro?
XB1
PS4
AssCreed IV
Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3
Forza LE
Killzone
Ryse
Watch Dogs
~$1,340

Edit: Forgot Killer Instinct.
~$1,360

$399.99 for PS4 console
$300 for 5 games at $59.99 (Killzone, BF4, COD, Watch Dogs, Knack)
---------------------------------
$699 + .13% HST

= $790.99 CAD.

Unless I spring for the camera, another controller, or even another game.

Amir0x

Banned
I saved up for the system itself, I knew I was going to get one of the systems since early this year, so I've been putting crumbs together.

My fiancee is getting me the launch games, since the system launches right around my birthday (November 24, biznatches) ->

Watch Dogs
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Knack
Drive Club

And that's all she wrote; I get Resogun for free thanks to PS+ and I got Killzone with trade-in credit pre-ordered.

I was thinking of getting BF4, but I'll probably get that on PC down the line. KZ is good enough for multiplayer FPS fix, I hope.

oggob

At the moment... AU$941, though this might jump up with impulse purchases...

Hardware : Console + Extra Controller
Software : Killzone, Knack, Driveclub

Fun fact - If I stay at this amount, I will have spent less than just buying the PS3 at launch, seems crazy! lol

Loakum

Banned
What I've spent thus far on pre orders for Next Gen (Launch Day):

PS4 - $425
Playstation Camera - $63
Dual Shock 4 Controller - $63
1 Year of Playstation Plus $50

Call of Duty Ghosts (Hardened Edition, PS4) - $123
Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag (PS4) - $63
WatchDogs (Limited Edition, PS4) - $133
NBA 2K14 (PS4) - $63
Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - $63

TOTAL = $1,046

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh wait, I forgot Drive Club is free with PS Plus. Well, enough of it that I don't need to spend $60 on the complete game.

Top Bottom