• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

Damn. Besides everything I've seen being exactly what I've ever wanted in a game. I think the one thing I'm seriously happy about is how unobtrusive the UI is. All the screenshots and video it seems the UI is there just enough to let you know what's going on but not enough to really distract you from enjoying the world.

amnesiac

PS3 ON FOOT CONTROLS:

DZaZG7z.png
JxEFHGv.png

New page repost.

randomwab

Can you give us some brief impressions?

Surprisingly, we've heard plenty of PS3 impressions, but very few from the 360 version.

Eh, not sure what to say other than I'm having a blast. Let's see.

The game looks insanely good, like I don't know how Rockstar have pulled this off on hardware this old. The amount of detail poured into the world is truly staggering. The lighting, in particular, is something else. Same for the skyboxes and the water/ocean/waves. Some of the most impressive I've ever seen.

The gunplay is very close to Max Payne 3, so arguably the first time a GTA has had really solid combat I guess? The driving feels a bit light to me. I was a big fan of GTAIV's driving, so maybe it's just a personal preference, but it feels like I'm constantly spinning out and over steering here. A friend said the same thing too, that's he's constantly crashing in the game where he never would have in IV. That's about my only negative point so far, and I think it's more a case of getting used to the new style more than a negative, really.

Damn. Besides everything I've seen being exactly what I've ever wanted in a game. I think the one thing I'm seriously happy about is how unobtrusive the UI is. All the screenshots and video it seems the UI is there just enough to let you know what's going on but not enough to really distract you from enjoying the world.

The one thing I am unhappy about is this was made for current gen consoles.

Everything about it screams next-gen to me, and I want a port.

And next-gen RDR.

DukeBobby

The game looks insanely good, like I don't know how Rockstar have pulled this off on hardware this old. The amount of detail poured into the world is truly staggering. The lighting, in particular, is something else. Same for the skyboxes and the water/ocean/waves. Some of the most impressive I've ever seen.

The gunplay is very close to Max Payne 3, so arguably the first time a GTA has had really solid combat I guess? The driving feels a bit light to me. I was a big fan of GTAIV's driving, so maybe it's just a personal preference, but it feels like I'm constantly spinning out and over steering here. A friend said the same thing too, that's he's constantly crashing in the game where he never would have in IV. That's about my only negative point so far, and I think it's more a case of getting used to the new style more than a negative, really.

Thank you.

GQman2121

Banned
If you can't change the controls so that R1 aims and L1 shoots; as well as square brakes and X gas i probably won't play this for very long. They should keep the same options from GTA IV.

This on top of the 'less sensitive' damage on the cars is such a turnoff. It looks a little more Saints Row than GTAIV, and I loved the handling in IV.

BFIB

After finally getting some time to see the PS3 streams, yeah I am blown away. Both versions look fantastic. Should I get the trigger extender things for the dualshock?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Haha is that because he's ...well high?

2013-09-1421_53_53-styka4j.png

because i saw in another stream you could watch those videos ...but he wasn't stoned :lol

Quidam

Half of me hates myself for watching these streams, half of me absolutely loves it. God, I wish I had time in my life nowadays to dedicate entire days to playing this game :(

I wonder how GTA Online will be in regards to the aiming. I'm playing and see that there's three aiming controls; assisted aiming, free aim and traditional aiming I believe. They need to either have free aim only or make a whole nother playlist with assisted aiming.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does this have regenerative health? Just saw Trevor get shot by police, managed to drive away then his health was green again.

Top Bottom