• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 |OT| How I Met Your Father Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

eVx5s2P.png

How I Met Your Mother The Final Season starts September 23, 8 PM ET/PT on CBS.

Taking place immediately after where the previous season left off, Season 9 will cover the events of a single weekend that lead up to Barney and Robin's wedding. During the course of the weekend, "The Mother"will separately be introduced to Robin, Barney, Lily, and Marshall, before finally meeting Ted. The season will also feature frequent flashbacks and flashfowards in order to fully integrate The Mother's character with the rest of the cast.

0zCbdnp.png

mZD8hL4.png
1B1QYE7.png

gd3kavE.png
YcaNhOd.png

kWMhIY7.png
bScTful.png

W1F6S1x.png
hYYgqcz.png

71ZT9Ck.png
6J6N7Q1.png

frVwX8v.png
NMY8GvE.png

Carter Bays said:
"There are so many people we've loved having on the series. The more we look at our casting list for this season, the shorter list is the people who don't come back. Because by nature of this season, it's really all over the map time-wise. You're seeing things from 10 years ago, from five years ago, two years ago, two years in the future, 10 years in the future. This story is a very sprawling, epic story."

Upcoming Guest Stars:

Wayne Brady
Marshall Manesh
Sherri Shepherd
Ellen D. Williams
Roger Bart
Anna Camp
William Zabka
Bryan Cranston
John Lithgow
Alan Thicke

TIe1IXn.png

Carter Bays said:
"A lot of the decisions came out of necessity, but a lot of them were things that became opportunities. I think the 56-hour issue was the big one. We definitely felt like, for various reasons -- the ages of Ted's kids and things -- Barney and Robin had to get married in May 2013. That was the thing we were stumbling on, and then Craig had the idea of, What if we did a whole season just over the course of the wedding, but use that framework as a springboard to tell stories from 10 years in the future, 10 years in the past, stories at the wedding? Because there are certainly lots of stories to come out of that."

Episode 1: The Locket

On their way to Long Island for their wedding weekend, Robin and Barney come across a startling family discovery. Meanwhile, Marshall sees something online that changes the course of his entire journey back east, and Lily confronts Ted about letting go of Robin.

Episode 2: Coming Back

When James reveals that he is getting divorced, Robin worries about how Barney will take the news. Meanwhile, Marshall races to find a way to get to New York in time for the wedding, and Ted deals with being alone at a romantic hotel.

Episode 3: Last Time in New York

When Lily discovers Ted’s list of things he wants to do in New York before he moves for Chicago, she becomes frustrated that she is the only person who knows about his plans. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney realize they have very little time together before their relatives arrive for their wedding.

Episode 4: The Broken Code

While Barney works through his anger at Ted after finding out he still has feelings for Robin, Marshall Skypes in to act as a judge and help settle their dispute. Meanwhile, Lily realizes she is Robin’s only girlfriend.

Episode 5: The Poker Game

When Barney is forced to pick sides in a fight between Robin and his mother, Lily coaches him on how not to ruin his relationship. Meanwhile, Ted and Marshall get into a dispute over wedding gifts and thank-you notes.

Episode 6: Knight Vision

When Ted finds himself with three prospects to be his date for the wedding weekend, he chooses poorly. Meanwhile, Barney and Robin have a confrontation with their minister, and Marshall learns more about his driving companion, Daphne.

Episode 7: No Questions Asked

When Daphne sends a troubling text message to Lily, Marshall enlists the gang’s help to remove the message while enforcing the “No Questions Asked” rule.

Episode 8: The Lighthouse

When Robin and Loretta's conflict escalates, Barney is caught in the middle. Meanwhile, Marshall and Daphne deal with a stowaway on their road trip, and Ted and Cassie try to enjoy a trip to a lighthouse.

Episode 9: Platonish

In a flashback episode, the gang ponders the future of the Ted, Robin and Barney love triangle. Meanwhile, Barney accepts a series of challenges from Lily and Robin.

Episode 10: Mom and Dad

When Barney’s father arrives at the hotel, Barney devises a plan that makes Robin very nervous. Meanwhile, Ted is convinced someone framed him by messing up a wedding-related duty.

Episode 11: Bedtime Stories

Marshall tries to get Marvin to sleep by reciting three rhyming bedtime tales about his friends as they wind down their epic cross-country journey.

Episode 12: Rehearsal Dinner

Barney becomes fixated on having his rehearsal dinner at a laser tag arena, much to Robin’s dismay. Meanwhile, Ted doesn’t come through on a promise, which aggravates Lily.

Episode 13: Bass Player Wanted

The gang encounters a guy at the wedding who intentionally stirs up trouble among them, and Marshall finally arrives at the Farhampton Inn.

Episode 14: Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra

In an attempt to deliver a devastating final slap to Barney, Marshall explains how he mastered the Slap of A Million Exploding Suns.

Episode 15: Unpause

When Barney drinks too much, Ted and Robin take advantage of him and get him to reveal secrets he’s been hiding for years. Meanwhile, Marshall does everything he can to avoid fighting with Lily.

Episode 16: How Your Mother Met Me

On the 200th episode, The Mother recounts how she met Ted and what she’s been up to for the past eight years.

Episode 17: Sunrise

While out looking for an inebriated Barney on the day of the wedding, Robin and Ted reminisce about past relationships. Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily finally resolve their issues and Barney befriends two young guys eager to meet women.

Episode 18: Rally

When Barney suffers from the world’s worst hangover the morning of his wedding, the gang tries to figure out the far-fetched ingredients to concoct the Stinson Hangover Fixer Elixir.

Episode 19: Vesuvius

On the morning of the wedding, Lily and Robin have a fight and Barney freaks out about which suit to wear. Meanwhile, the gang watches a movie Ted has forbidden them to see.

Episode 20: Daisy

Marshall enlists Ted and Barney to help him figure out where Lily went when she left in the middle of their fight. Meanwhile, Robin's mother recollects the bad traits in her ex-husband, which are very similar to Barney's traits.

Episode 21: Gary Blauman

When Gary Blauman shows up at the wedding, it sends the gang into a frenzy as they each recall an encounter with him.

Episode 22: The End of the Aisle

With only a half-hour to go, both Barney and Robin have panic attacks about their upcoming nuptials. Meanwhile, Marshall and Lily rewrite their old wedding vows.

Episode 23/24: Last Forever

Ted finally finishes telling his kids the story of how he met their mother.

oI2bBq6.png

Videos:
How I Met Your Mother - Ted's Kids Like You've Never Seen Them
How I Met Your Mother Comic Con 2013 Panel
Season 9 Official Promo
Season 9 Official Promo 2

EW Cast Interview

Articles:
TVLine Cristin Milioti Interview
Zap2it Carter Bays Interview
Buzzfeed Cristin Milioti Interview
Entertainment Weekly Cristin Milioti Interview
Starry Mag Bays and Thomas Interview

*will add more later :)

*thanks to usa weekend for the picture in the banner, i have really bad photoshop skills. also himym-fans.de for the character portraits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great final season everyone! :)

BiDrhuZ.jpg

04e1bb8b34f612bad0f43c887d72ecff.gif

4 hours until:

tumblr_mhye8eFFCm1qeqoh2o1_500.gif

Obligatory Mother Awesomeness:

760937e982b3b03bb9c7f252331309f5.gif

Dereck

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I had no idea Hannigan was in such a popular show. It might be the only reason for me to watch this show starting at season 1.

rouken

I thought they were going to introduce the mother next season? How did this become the last season?

they've introduce the mother in the finale of season 8 but ted still hasn't met her, and now they're doing a final season with her in the main cast.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So I just realized that if this whole season takes place over a weekend, does this mean Jason Segal is going to be separated from the rest of the cast for the majority of it?

CassSept

They're still going to draw out the entire "will Ted or won't Ted" with him being over Robin for at least half a season, eh?

At least, well, episode 16 sounds sweet and promising. Episode 14 sounds redundant on the other hand.

DjRoomba

Banned
I wish there was some recap I could watch of all the hanging plotlines, fan service shit. I have a hard time remembering all the tiny details.

sqwarlock

What's the source of that mother + Lily gif? Crushing so hard on Cristin Milioti, and can't wait to see how everything turns out.

I was completely disappointed with the mother. I mean seriously, a Lily looking type? After 8 goddamn seasons, they should've brought someone who would've been way out of league. Heck even Stella was better than this Lily doppelgänger.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
They did talk (joke?) about a spinoff with Cristin which frightens me.
The series should end with the kids finally getting up from the couch and the mother stopping them to tell the story of how she met their father.

Arjen

Show has been going in a downwards spiral the last years, but still eager to see how it all ends.

Tizoc

My brothers think she's ugly, I think she looks cute but this?
760937e982b3b03bb9c7f252331309f5.gif

She's adorable and lovable to me from that scene alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom