• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piers Morgan: "It's over for Jon Stewart"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/cnn-piers-morgan-claims-over-jon-stewart-203739810.html

Piers Morgan has had no problem publicly airing out his grievances over Jon Stewart lately, and he took another jab last night via Twitter.

Morgan claimed that Stephen Colbert’s successful night at the Emmys signified the end of Stewart’s career.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/381967049976594434

Last night,”The Colbert Report” on Comedy Central won for variety series. In doing so, Colbert ended “The Daily Show’s” decade-long winning streak in the category.

Colbert, however, got his start on “The Daily Show” as a correspondent. His popularity resulted in a spinoff in 2005, and “The Colbert Report,” which follows a very similar format to its predecessor, is now in its ninth season.

What isn’t breaking news is Morgan’s distaste for Stewart, as he earlier tweeted about Stewart’s frequent criticism of CNN coverage.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/380356705566982145

Oliver is a popular correspondent on “The Daily Show” and filled in as host of the show during the summer to many positive reviews from critics.

Stewart has yet to issue a response.

tumblr_lmsqiiaeaA1qfbofi.gif

Lijik

is it too late to trade this dude back in for Martin Freeman or Bill Bailey or someone
Whats the UK's return policy?

Don't care about Piers Morgan but the Colbert win is deserved. The Daily Show has become overly serious in the last year while Colbert Report finds the right balance of comedy and some serious jabs each episode.

vgJames

Banned
No. You guys can keep him, we had him for long enough.

But I'd more than welcome Stewart to our shores since his career is now 'over' in the States.

Cake Boss

Banned
Piers is just looking for dem hits, hes just like a modern rap artist, just starting a random feud for publicity to sell his album.

Twio

why do some British nut jobs end up here ?

CNN believes that variety is the spice of life.

And people got tired of watching Wolf Blitzer for four hours back to back to back.

Both are horrible. But Wolf is a bigger douche bag than Piers is on the air.

legacyzero

Banned
MAAAAAN I hope Jon does a segment about this. I'm sure he'd love a change to rip CNN a new one, consider he's all over Fox News most of the time. (Rightfully so.)

17.gif

Risible

Stephen Fry once defined countryside as the act of "murdering Piers Morgan."

It's not relevant to this discussion, I just love that story.

border

Pretty easy to formulate a comeback...

Stewart: "If it's over for me because I only won 10 Emmys in a row instead of 11, where does that leave Piers Morgan, who hasn't won any Emmys?"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I hear this guy is a twat but never really investigated why people think he's such a twat.

Derrick01

Banned
Does stewart even have to acknowledge this tool? He is so beneath Jon's scope that they shouldn't bother. Keep tearing CNN as a whole a new asshole though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jon single-handedly took down Crossfire, he can take this tool down, too.

Twio

CNN announced on June 26, 2013, that the new version would re-launch in the fall of 2013, with panelists Newt Gingrich, S. E. Cupp, Stephanie Cutter, and Van Jones.[2]

I think another roast is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom