• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes @ Eurogamer Expo: Info Roundup & Achievements

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
5cu8.jpg

Full Developer Presentation.
Good, shorter video summary of new characters.

- They show off the Helicarrier and jumping down into LEGO Marvel NYC
- Demo confirmed for "most" platforms
- Pre-order bonus DLC will be eventually available for everyone
- "Several characters have multiple costumes. Jean Grey can also be Phoenix, Iron Man has several suits, War Machine can be Iron Patriot, Thor, Cyclops, Spider-Man, Thing, and more had unlockable second and even third or fourth costumes"
- Characters now better organized on select screen, no 10 Iron Mans cluttering it up as they are alts now
- 50 Stan-In-Peril missions, after you beat them all you unlock Stan Lee

New characters announced/shown (will update as new info comes in):
- Carnage
- Union Jack
- Emma Frost (Diamond Transform)
- Iceman
- Whiplash
- Ms. Marvel
- Venom's BigFig Transform
- Black Cat
- Kraven The Hunter
- Electro

Achievement list. Some choice ones:
Puny God 20
Perform Hulk's special move on Loki

Sinister Six 20
Collect Doc Ock, Sandman, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Electro and Vulture (Single Player

Fastball Special 20
Perform a special throwing move as Colossus on Wolverine.

The Toast of Croydon 20
Create a character called “Trevor” in the character customizer

Really? 10
Collect Howard the Duck (Single Player)

GOTY. Will update OP with more information as it trickles out. Also recently, Psylocke was confirmed off-hand, but I'm too lazy to find the source for that.

Eggbok

Easily will be the best Lego game hands down.

I can honestly say with every game they make, they out perform the previous ones every time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder if that Sentinel is a giant figure. Doesn't really fit the brutish frame of Thing, Hulk, Abom, etc

witness

So excited for this game. I'm all lathered up for it by playing through Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 right now.

"- Pre-order bonus DLC will be eventually available for everyone"

Yes! YYYESSS!

I was really upset when they announced both Lego Batman 2 and LoTR would have DLC on consoles only.

I'm still upset. I want to be able to own the full game on PC. I have console-exclusive DLC.

I can honestly say with every game they make, they out perform the previous ones every time.

Yes, this is true. Traveler's Tales is one of my favorite developers. They constantly improve their games, release to next release, they release their games for most all platforms, they generally have very good level design, they come up with interesting puzzles (though sometimes I wish they were more difficult), and they just really seem to enjoy making these games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Would have liked this and the NFS talk to have briefly touched on what to expect from the next gen versions. It is quite a premium over the ps3 version (and no lego iron patriot for preorder bonus), but will it be worth it?

Would have liked this and the NFS talk to have briefly touched on what to expect from the next gen versions. It is quite a premium over the ps3 version (and no lego iron patriot for preorder bonus), but will it be worth it?

Yeah, I'm curious. Will the next gen versions be say, 1080p @60fps? I believe 720p 30fps is what it's been on ps360.

Have any of the Vita versions of these Games been on par with the console versions? All I've heard is that they're basically the 3DS version which are basically the DS versions.

If the Vita versions had all the levels and the open worlds from the consoles I'd buy it on there every time.

Mory Dunz

What about Lego City?

I haven't played Lego City or followed this game, so I'm asking.
I do know that Lego City is an original world which is a plus in my book.

18-Volt

Have any of the Vita versions of these Games been on par with the console versions? All I've heard is that they're basically the 3DS version which are basically the DS versions.

If the Vita versions had all the levels and the open worlds from the consoles I'd buy it on there every time.

It's already been confirmed that 3DS/Vita versions will be lame inferior handheld games developed by TT Fusion with a subtitle "Universe in Peril" I don't reccomend buying any of the handheld versions.

I hope there is more X-men in this game, what has been announced isn't enough for me. Psylocke, Shadowcat, Angel, Rogue, Gambit, I want all of them in the game. I they can't put all of them in, a standalone Lego X-men game would be fantastic.

NeonZ

They've all been based on the DS version, or 3DS port of the DS version. This time there's at least no DS version though, but you're still getting a 3DS port.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My son and I will be co-oping this on Wii U. Had it preordered for months.

Phinor

Really disappointed that the EU release is three and half weeks after US release. Have they given any reason for the EU delay? November 15 is close enough to Christmas so might as well wait for bargain bin pricing.

Anyway, i watched the Eurogamer panel live and really enjoyed what I saw. I've been slowly warming up to Traveller's Tales' Lego games and the Lord of the Rings one was really good.

Are they going to have a similiar setup to how Lego Lord of the Rings worked?

Basically yes. If you've played Lego Batman 2, it's pretty similar to that.

It's already been confirmed that 3DS/Vita versions will be lame inferior handheld games developed by TT Fusion with a subtitle "Universe in Peril" I don't reccomend buying any of the handheld versions.

This is pretty stupid, tbh. There is no reason why the Vita should not be able to have the full game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They're really pushing the limit in this one huh :p Couldn't even decide who to play in the open world in their previous games lol.

Yeah, seriously i can see that as a problem. I mean so many awesome characters ...who the fuck should i play with? :/

Wow, impressive list. Almost thrice as big as LOTR :eek:

imagenysi1.jpg

You see the dark faces on the bottom for custom characters?

Could somebody please tell me when the outlines for these (and even the actual pictures, that would be nice) will actually match what I made my custom character to look like?

In Lego Star Wars III, I had a dude with spiky hair that I changed to more combed style hair. The outline still showed him as a dude with spiky hair.

If they could fix that...

37449715.jpg

Didn't know that Thanos is a pre-order character. But with the whole Guardians Of The Galaxy crew, Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, I'm super stoked. Gonna be my Xbox One launch title.

Didn't know that Thanos is a pre-order character. But with the whole Guardians Of The Galaxy crew, Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, I'm super stoked. Gonna be my Xbox One launch title.

Can you get characters such as Thanos later as DLC?

Also, where are you getting the preorder bonus? Amazon doesn't seem to have it listed.

Eggbok

What about Lego City?

I haven't played Lego City or followed this game, so I'm asking.
I do know that Lego City is an original world which is a plus in my book.

Definitely, Lego City is like Lego GTAV except you play as a cop lol !! It's awesome :)

pretty much no one will buy it so its less effort to upres the 3ds version than cut down the console one?

I'm pretty sure a simple port should do it. I don't see the point. Also, it's not a simple upres. The game looks significantly better on the Vita than on the DS and 3DS.

I'm pretty sure a simple port should do it. I don't see the point. Also, it's not a simple upres. The game looks significantly better on the Vita than on the DS and 3DS.

contrary to popular belief the vita is nowhere near as powerful as home consoles so perhaps porting isn't as simple as you may think, will depend on their engine and all sorts of factors

What's the word on the next-gen versions? Will the PS4 SKU launch with the system?
Amazon is wrong. Lego marvel Super Heroes is a confirmed launch title for Xbox One. Don't know about PS4, but I think so as well.
Can you get characters such as Thanos later as DLC?

Also, where are you getting the preorder bonus? Amazon doesn't seem to have it listed.
He said that in the video. Thanos is a pre-order bonus for Game.co.uk and according to google to Gamestop.

codhand

i having a feeling this will be great, but a close second to lego city, the coop will ease the pain of lego city's low sales

Redshirt

Banned
Amazon is terrible with dates, there have been times where games would be releasing in 3 days and the date was still saying 5-6 months later.

Other sources, such as IGN, mirror that date as well, so maybe it's right in this case.

Redshirt

Banned
I remember seeing Nova during one of the E3 gameplay videos I watched; plus, it just makes sense with the emphasis on GotG.

Top Bottom