• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 runs at higher resolution in PS4 than X1, EA confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN&OUT

Banned
Both the Xbox One and PS4 version of Battlefield 4 were demonstrated running at 720p resolution and 60 FPS, but as confirmed by Frostbite Technical Director Johan Andersson on Twitter, it runs at a higher resolution in the PS4 developer environment and the final resolution will be apparent when the game will launch.

According to said EA rep, the Xbox One retail version of the game will still run at 720p , 60 fps, the same as the alpha version showcased at Eurogamer Expo.

He concludes by saying that despite the flaws mentioned above he did not feel dissatisfied after standing in line for an hour to play ten minutes, and the feel of the game is exactly the same as the PC and PS4 version, so it’ll definitely be a “must buy” for those considering to buy the console.

More at Dualshockers

Original source, Game*spark

Lock if old or barely HD.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Maybe I don't understand Twitter but it literally says False in the tweet by the Frostbite guy...

Can anyone read the Source they used? A quick Google translate shows nothing of something being confirmed for retail.

Ya it looks like what Zoramon089 is right. EA rep says what Frags said was false.

level44

So the better version is on PS4 yet they give in to MS timed DLC deal.

MS must be really coughing up some dough.

So is the SP4 version 1080P? If not, then who cares? It's still gonna have to scale on a 1080p TV, which looks like shit for games compared to native..

Abriael

Banned
Can anyone read the Source they used? A quick Google translate shows nothing of something being confirmed for retail.

Ya it looks like what Zoramon089 is right. EA rep says what Frags said was false.

No, He says what he responds to is false (IE, lazy developers because they thought it was 720p as Frags said earlier) he's using Frags clarification as a confirmation of that.

Also from the original.

EAの担当者に聞いたところ本αデモは製品版と同じ720Pで 60fpsを実現

EA no tantoosha ni (from the EA Person in Charge) kiita (I heard) tokoro hon (When asked) α demo wa (that the alpha demo) seihinhan to onaji (same as the retail version) 720 P de 60 fps o jitsugen (will achieve 720p, 60 fps).

"I heard from the EA person in charge when I asked that the Alpha demo achieves 720p, 60 fps, same as retail version"

Simply don't use google translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom