• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Since its October , Nightmare on Elm Street NES beta version

Zee-Row

Banned
Anybody ever seen this before? The original idea for the game was for you to play as Freddy and murder Teenagers. We all know how Nintendo was back then when it came to violence and why it was changed to the version we got. I wonder if any form of this game still exists in Rare's offices? I would have loved to have seen gameplay videos of this.

nightmarebeta2_zps608db5da.jpg

Different title screen too

nightmarebeta4_zpse53c9fc7.png

A bigger close up of the earlier version.
nightmarebeta3_zps06b85f1b.jpg

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Not to derail, but this is the NOES that stole significant hours of my youth:

anightmare.png

Glorious EGA. It really was a masterpiece. Based on NOES III, and exactly what a young boy needs to show off the mind-melting power of his new 8088XT.

I can't remember playing this (the release version) at all. I know I must have at least played it once. I played so many other shitty LJN titles.

Zee-Row

Banned
The released game just seems like standard side scrolling fare and was probably put together quickly since Nintendo most likely shot the original game down. That's probably why the game has unoriginal enemys like the snakes , bats , and sheet ghosts.

hqdefault.jpg

The released game just seems like standard side scrolling fare and was probably put together quickly since Nintendo most likely shot the original game down. That's probably why the game has unoriginal enemys like the snakes , bats , and sheet ghosts.

hqdefault.jpg
I do not remember this.

dcx4610

I've always wondered why there aren't more horror games these days.

I'd love a Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th or Texas Chainsaw Massacre game with modern graphics and gameplay. Either playing as the killers or trying to escape from them would be pretty awesome with today's technology.

Zee-Row

Banned
I've always wondered why there aren't more horror games these days.

I'd love a Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th or Texas Chainsaw Massacre game with modern graphics and gameplay. Either playing as the killers or trying to escape from them would be pretty awesome with today's technology.

I'd love a remake of Monster Party!

Seems the gameplay of the final game was at least somewhat based on the original idea. The obnoxious teenagers you played as did have to gather his bones.

fvng

It's a solid concept and should be ressurected in a new Freddy game (made by NetherRealm Studios, naturally)

Top Bottom