• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold: This is What Xbox One's Achievements Look Like

lock if old
ir4F5kJffCbZM.gif

Recently, you may have seen what a PlayStation 4 Trophy pop-up looked like, and now Xbox One's new Achievement notifications have been revealed. Gearnuke grabbed a clip from a recent Killer Instinct match that shows off the new animation.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/this-is-what-xbox-ones-achievements-look-like

Edit: PS4 trophy indicator for comparison

PS4 Trophy pop-up (ignore crappy gif):
bWBCcLU.gif

Edit #2: Icons are enlarged and are in no way that size on the original screen
That's not the full screen size on PS4, it's only the top left of the screen.
It's closer to this:
p7VG2pd.png

It's hideous. :(

Wonder what it sounds like? That matters just as much as appearance does. I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to it the more I see it, but for now... Ehh... To flashy and distracting. No need for the Xbox Logo to roll back, or telling you to hold for details. People know this already from the 360. Which is funny. Xbox 360 didn't say it, even though Achievements were new then. Hope its a one time thing. Never see "HOLD FOR DETAILS" after you unlock and access an Achievement the first time.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
That is so much more distracting than just a pop-up. Why is MS insisting everything have a transition effect???

Edit: I understand they want the Guide button in the center for "Hold O for details" but the whole thing just looks off center with the text added.

Ein Bear

The 'hold for details' bit makes the notification stay on screen for an obnoxious length of time IMO. The animation itself is slick though.

R3TRODYCE

Would be nice if you could change the dash tiles colors and the achievement notification color would change accordingly.

Milennia

That shade of green is completley different to the overall color of their ui i believe... I like this green, its like a forest green.

Apath

"Hold for details" is unnecessary. Showing the guide button icon is enough of a reference.

Edit: oh, it's literally having to hold it down? I guess that prevents accidentally pulling up the notification when trying to access the guide.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Too long, not neutrally colored, terribly unreadable font for the actual achievement.
0/10 wouldn't achieve.

Actual "hold for details" feature is neat, hopefully Sony does the same.

macewank

Wow that's up there for a really long time. Hope there's a way to change that, as I agree it's pretty distracting.

I like the design though, except for that way off-center "Hold for details"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The hold feature seems pretty neat for that but I'm not actually sure it needs to notify you every single time you get one.

It would be nice if you could turn off the "hold for details" part. Do we really need to see that every time?

Looks good, though. I wonder if achievement images are going to get a resolution boost similar to gamerpics. Probably not, but having some decently-sized artwork to look at would make achievements that much more exciting.

gpRYme

I like the colour and the animation, but the 'Hold For Details' seems redundant and is going to get old quick.

Caayn

Thank god for the "Hold (X) for details". I hate it when I click the guide button and a message or achievements pop-ups up, your directly redirected to that instead of the main slide on the guide.

Personally I hoped for a style more similar to the GFWL achievements. Now it feels kinda out of place, with everything else having straight edges.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't like that at all, it's on the screen too long and the movement of the text is a lot more distracting than a single pop up like it is now on 360/ps3.

Pretty silly to have rounded edges considering metro's design aesthetic is all hard edges. also it's lasts way too long, and the green is ugly. other than that... it's fine, I guess?

StuBurns

Banned
The colour is nice.

I'd never have achievements enabled, it's horrible, but yeah, that's an improvement on the current one.

jWILL253

Banned
Why do people care about this sort of thing? During gameplay, it'll be barely noticeable. But, for some reason, everybody on GAF gets upset over Trophy/Achievement notifications.

Same goes for console noise threads. You're not trying to sleep if a console keeps you up at night...

I hope there will be more options for turning off achievement stuff on and off. It would be great to disable achievement notifications for the individual achievement, but have a pop up for when you reach a 1000 points. Or just let me disable achievement pop up but keep the message pop up.

Top Bottom