• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KillZone Shadow Fall 3 videos with 3 different ways to attack.

Leb

That's a pretty amusing interpretation of "stealth." Fortunately, the bad guys reaction times are so comically bad that the player character can shoot four of them before any of them manage to get a single shot off.

That's a pretty amusing interpretation of "stealth." Fortunately, the bad guys reaction times are so comically bad that the player character can shoot four of them before any of them manage to get a single shot off.

While in stealth he goes into adrenaline mode which slows things down. This is why you see the slow response.

Really liking how open ended the missions are shaping up to be. A lot different than KZ2+3.
Seems like a good balance between linear gameplay (what we are use to in Killzone) and Crysis 1 type sandbox (albeit not as large in scale). HYPE

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The A.I. seems fucking terrible. It's like you can you just walk right up to them and shot/or break their necks. Not much resistance, really.

Kade

Looks like a mix of the smaller Crysis 2 encounters and Call of Duty. I'd like to see the stealth approach in a situation where all AI in the level aren't stuck in an idle state until you start firing at them.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The A.I. seems fucking terrible. It's like you can you just walk right up to them and shot/or break their necks. Not much resistance, really.

They probably threw away all the great AI code they had for KZ 2-3 and started over since the PS4 couldn't handle it.

Or, it is on easy.

velociraptor

Was it like this in Killzone 2/3?

Most people buy this for multiplayer anyway, I suspect.

Oh ya, that might be the case.
No, the A.I. in KZ2 and KZ3 was always tough. I'm concerned that the game looks too easy - hopefully the final game is well balanced. Although it's nice to play as a 'badass' special forces character, it's boring if you can mow down everyone with little difficulty.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Was it like this in Killzone 2/3?

Most people buy this for multiplayer anyway, I suspect.

Oh ya, that might be the case.

Yeah, I hope it's on easy. I remember it being much more difficult in Killzone 2. I sure hope it's not this easy to just run through this game.

Needs recoil, less slow motion and more enemy resistance.

This mission seems kind of lame. Would be cool if using different strategies would result.in different outcomes.

The owl sucks, i wont.use it.for.scanning

Looks like a mix of the smaller Crysis 2 encounters and Call of Duty. I'd like to see the stealth approach in a situation where all AI in the level aren't stuck in an idle state until you start firing at them.

I think the areas will be at least as big as in Crysis 2, as shown in the forest demo. Looks much more fun than crysis 2 and the world looks far more vibrant.

City looks pretty immense.

tipoo

Banned
I find myself more and more wanting games where you walk around in a beautiful engine and setting like this, but doing stuff that isn't blowing peoples faces off, but still interesting.

But yeah, looks amazing, carry on.

Yeah, I hope it's on easy. I remember it being much more difficult in Killzone 2. I sure hope it's not this easy to just run through this game.

Needs recoil, less slow motion and more enemy resistance.

People said the same thing about Killzone Mercenaries. The gameplay videos released all the way up to launch looked like the A.I was fairly simple and rudimentary yet when the game came out and was played on hard difficulty that A.I was absolutely fantastic. I recall that being the case for Killzone 2 and 3 as well. I have a feeling it'll all be fine when the game is out.

velociraptor

People said the same thing about Killzone Mercenaries. The gameplay videos released all the way up to launch looked like the A.I was fairly simple and rudimentary yet when the game came out and was played on hard difficulty that A.I was absolutely fantastic. I recall that being the case for Killzone 2 and 3 as well. I have a feeling it'll all be fine when the game is out.
Mercenaries surprised me. It's a tough game.

Tekku

The stealth part actually made me laugh quite a bit. Especially the part where he goes through the front door and shoots everyone in the face in slow-motion.

I guess using a silencer turns everything into "stealth" these days.

It's so cool how the hostages react calmly if you stealth a room with minimum noise, but act really afraid and panicked if you go in guns blazing with enemies on full alert.

Also destruction is crazy. Just creating new paths through the building by shooting holes in walls... this is what I want from PS4 games.

GameSeeker

Anyone complaining about KZ AI hasn't played previous KZ's. KZ AI is some of the best in the industry and will leave you humble on hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom