• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone "4" available Tuesday (gamestop)

Possum

I have an important question for you.

Are the edges of the disc delightfully rounded like the Wii U?

It probably won't. The only reason Wii U has different discs is because it's proprietary, so PS4 and Xbox One discs will likely just look like any other dual-layered Blu-ray.

After serious contemplation, I am worried this game may not be received well outside of it being 'solid'. Or maybe I just don't like FPS that much. Would be so much better as a TPS. I'm sorry Killzone fans, please don't kill me. These are just honest feelings.

Should this be the case, I'll have to pick up Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4 post-launch.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Before I begin, I should say that my local Gamestop stores usually have a fairly good staff of people who are at the least not jerks, and that I often actually defend Gamestop as a former employee and manager.

So, today, I decided I wanted to get Killzone, didn't have it preordered. I had some credit at Gamestop, and a coupon for $25 off, so I called around a bit to be sure the store would have it before going. Even though the Gamestop Website showed it in stock at many local stores, the first two I called said they don't have it in. In fact, one said they won't have it until launch. After I explained it isn't street dated any more, they looked it up, and said, oh... it's on the way, but not in stock.

The third store said, that it's not out yet, and that they don't have any. I, once again, explained that the Website shows it in stock, and about the street date. About two seconds later, the guy says, yes, we have It available. I ask if there are extra copies besides those pre-ordered. He pauses, then says why do you want to buy it, you can't even use it. He then asks if I have it pre-ordered. I reply no. He comes back saying he'll see if they have it for non-preordered copies. A moment later, he says he does, but repeats his earlier question asking why I'd buy something I can't use (in a, you're really dumb for buying this kind of tone). After I explain, I don't have it preordered, and would like to be sure that I can get a copy to prevent the off-chance that it sells out.... and... because I can. He says I can come and get it.

My feeling is.. Why do I need to go through all of that? Why do I need to justify how/why I spend my money to anyone I'm not tied to in some way? Why should I get patronized by the employee of the store which is supposed to be trying to sell me copies of something I want to buy? I've never had this kind of experience buying anything anywhere, let alone the specialty retailer of the very items that I'm trying to buy.

imagel1jl8.jpg

EightBitNate up in this bitch

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, still like the PS3 cases better. The PS4 ones look cheaper and more generic to me. Also, no manual makes me sad. :(

beast786

After serious contemplation, I am worried this game may not be received well outside of it being 'solid'. Or maybe I just don't like FPS that much. Would be so much better as a TPS. I'm sorry Killzone fans, please don't kill me. These are just honest feelings.

this is what you said earlier today

I think it will easily be the most successful entry in the franchise. It's pretty much the big showcase title for PS4 owners, and by being there at launch, strong sales for it are pretty much guaranteed. I don't think it's a killer app in the sense that it will sell people PS4s. I personally feel there are very few games I would ever give that kind of title.

What changed.

Savitar

So does any other stores plan to sell it early?

If Gamestop is then why would amazon and all others wait? Wouldn't they want to get in on this instead of losing orders?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
went in today to throw most of the rest of the needed cash into my ps4 pre-order and asked if I could put 5 down on ShadowFall and a controller as well since i was in the shop..

"No you can't."
"Uh.. ok. The hell not?"
"Cause they are right there. You can buy them. Now."
"........ oh. Nevermind."

I really didn't have 120 bucks to spend today after dropping another 150 for the system but I had to lawl at myself for a minute. Felt behind the curve for the first time in like 10 years when it comes to gaming.
"Well no one told ME..."
psh.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Temptation got me. Got a controller I didn't need and a game I wasn't going to buy. Lol. Two weeks and two days to go(NA)

Valnen

I actually really don't know whether to pick this up or Battlefield. Ideally I'd like to rent both to see which I like more...but Blockbuster is dying, Gamefly likely won't get enough copies to meet demand and who the hell knows when Redbox will get next gen games when their focus is so heavily on movies

Leaning strongly on Killzone but I picked up Battlefield 3 PC during the humble origin sale and really enjoyed it. Only stopped playing because I couldn't find any servers I really liked and didn't want to shell out for map packs when BF4 is almost out.

So does any other stores plan to sell it early?

If Gamestop is then why would amazon and all others wait? Wouldn't they want to get in on this instead of losing orders?

If I were Amazon, I would be sending out these games as fast as I got them in, especially considering the Target deal leak. My guess is that Amazon might not have the games in yet. They sent the controllers out early, so they're clearly not holding back.

Verendus

Banned
this is what you said earlier today

What changed.
Nothing changed.

First post is my feelings on it after playing the game, and just me wondering how 'critics' will receive it after the beating BF4 was given in reviews. I'm not a fan of FPS games but I think it's the best KZ yet. The TPS part was a joke as I am a big fan of TPS. My reaction to Titanfall, for example, was that I'd be interested if it had been third person. We all have our bias.

Second post is just the business man in me speaking. It's the most impressive looking title I've ever played and the fact that PS4 is going to sell really well should help this title. It's the big exclusive title at launch for owners. Considering both KZ2/3's sales, I think SF will comfortably blow past them as the most successful entry.

MilkBeard

Boom! Picked up my copy of Killzone: Shadowfall today.

For anyone who lives in the Seattle/Bellevue area of Washington, the Gamestop near the Crossroads mall in Bellevue has copies in.

I took a picture but I don't have any way to host it right now so I can't show it here.

madmackem

Just saw this on twitter. I enjoyed things like that on wii so im glad they are using the speaker on the pad right away.

Jason BradburyVerified account
‏@JasonBradbury
#PS4 pad snug in hand. Gnatty flick & grab features & multi-rumbles. Like: pick up a voice rec - it plays on pad :)

BX5WFoqIcAAwQ1c.jpg

Midas

Anyone want to pick up a copy and ship it to Europe? Gamestop want $30 in shipping and I really wouldn't want to do them that favor. Checked eBay and what do you guys think people are trying to to? Correct, sell with profit.

Anywhere selling these early who ship internationally for a good price? I have the console coming from Amazon but I don't want to pay their huge flat-rate shipping (about $20) by putting an order in for Killzone (if I understand correctly, they may combine the orders in shipping but don't combine the shipping cost).

Or if anyone is kind enough to send me a copy in Japan, I'll return the favor some day if you want something from here :p

Top Bottom