• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Strong signs that Rocksteady's next big game coming next year

r8Fo3pv.png

Personally hoping for less Batman. They were excellent games RS, but give us something new now.
Several agency job postings for an unnamed British developer matching text of Rocksteady career openings says the developer's current project "has been tipped to be one of the most successful games of 2014," suggesting we'll be seeing Rocksteady's next game next year.
More here: Kotaku

Nibel

Kotaku: Strong signs that [Insert studio's name that didn't release a big game this year or whose A-Team wasn't working on this year's release]'s next big game coming next year

Well, its apparently using the Unreal Engine 3 if that contract is anything to go by, and it would be 3 years since Arkham City. Cross-gen is a definite.

Conway already let it slip he was working on the next Arkham game. Curious how they evolve from Arkham City, it can't just be Arkham City 2.0 like Origins was.

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
I am with the guys that said no more Batman. I loved Asylum and City but I got enough Arkham action for now, I didn't even pick up Origins and I don't plan to do it for a very long time.

I hope they focus on another superhero like Wonder Woman or The Flash.

Loxley

I have no idea anyone thinks this won't be a Batman game. When was the last time a developer made a name for themselves off of a huge franchise and simply stopped making them after two games?

I'd be fine if this was their last Batman game, sort of a culmination of everything they learned from AA and AC, but I think it's fine if they had one last go-around with the franchise before handing it off.

Drakeon

Let's get some meaningful changes in the series if they're still doing batman, can't be as bad as Origins.

I'd love to see them take on someone like Green Arrow or another street level DC hero.

witness

Motherfucking Justice League or Superman. No more solo Batman games, other superheroes deserve Rocksteady's attention.

AlphaK

I would like a proper Justice League game in the vein of X-Men Legends and MUA.

But maybe Rocksteady isn't the right dev to make that.

We've known that they are making a next-gen batman for some.time now.

As for the "don't be batman" posts, would you guys still feel the same if Origins hadn't come out?

Blader

Motherfucking Justice League or Superman. No more solo Batman games, other superheroes deserve Rocksteady's attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if WB put the Arkham Origins team on a Superman/Batman game for 2015, to coincide with the movie.

Whenever I hear something about Rocksteady all I can think about are those rumors of them doing a TMNT game.

Oh how I wish that was ever true.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well, its apparently using the Unreal Engine 3 if that contract is anything to go by, and it would be 3 years since Arkham City. Cross-gen is a definite.

Conway already let it slip he was working on the next Arkham game. Curious how they evolve from Arkham City, it can't just be Arkham City 2.0 like Origins was.

Lol please no cross gen :(

Top Bottom