• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mega Bundle 2 week delay in EU? Germany and Finland named already by website

according to the 2 websites, its just Germany and Finland so far.

http://www.areagames.de/games/plays...ystation-4-bundle-verschoben-127447/#comments

http://www.ragequitcast.com/#!PS4-K...ies/cmy2/1A5FC5B5-9C11-460A-9EA0-CC042F861D26

I hope there is no delay personally.

I think Portugal may be on that list too fellow GAFfer.

At this point I just wanted my store to secure me a simple PS4 so I can give them all my vouchers and never shop there ever again but I don't remember the last time they got games on the release Day so I'm very worried. Oh well, pray for me my good GAFfers.

This is also happening in Spain, that's why I ordered the bundle with only Killzone and one controller

The Killzone bundles aren't hitting Australia until mid- to late December. So it does sound like it could be a SCEE wide delay.

I have a Killzone PS4 bundle preordered at my local Gamestop in Denmark and they too expect it to be slightly delayed and arrive in mid-December.

Well, it's almost the same here in Poland. Almost all retailers now say that they will sell the mega bundle with a two week delay on 12th of december. That may be related to a rumour that one BIG retailer (in Poland) has an exclusive deal for selling that bundle day one on 29th.

The UK is ok from what I’ve been told. Just waiting to here back to be 100% sure.

Ok, got an answer from Fnac France : no delay on their side, killzone megapack is still planned for 11/29.

Nibel

You're welcome

Also:

itSWi74z2FP0P.gif

Vitor711

Glad I just went for the game and console regular bundle - no camera or extra controller for me. Then again, I'm in the UK and I'd be SHOCKED if they delayed anything here. It's a much more important battleground than EU for Sony.

The_Monk

I think Portugal may be on that list too fellow GAFfer.

At this point I just wanted my store to secure me a simple PS4 so I can give them all my vouchers and never shop there ever again but I don't remember the last time they got games on the release Day so I'm very worried. Oh well, pray for me my good GAFfers.

Weird, why would that happen? How much work goes into getting the seperate parts together to make the bundle? Surely not enough to cause a 2 week delay?

nib95

Banned
If you delay this too Sony I will hunt down and kidnap one of your main guys (lol). Probably Yosp because he seems the most fun to hang around with.

jiggles

Banned
Yeap. Especially after Watchdogs and DriveClub. Both were at the top of my buying list.

The guy that has to keep redoing that bundle page on Amazon is having such a bad time.

Have any of the confirmed delayed territories actually offered the bundle on release day before these revelations? I know people kept getting mad that Germany were never giving a date. It could be that it's delayed elsewhere because the UK drained the supply.

airjoca

At least two big chains in Portugal have confirmed that the Mega Bundle will arrive December 13th - 15th.

They also mentioned a Knack Bundle for 399€/405€ arriving at the same date, which we are assuming will be a digital download because of the price being the same as the "normal" bundle.

Ark

I imagine this is related to controller/camera supply more than anything given that KZSF has already shipped in the US. Either way, hopefully the basic PS4+KZSF bundle isn't affected.

KeRaSh

That seems weird. All the things in this bundle should be available on launch day separately. Why is the bundle delayed then?
I really hope this doesn't affect regular SKUs.

Wow after I ordered the PS4 Driveclub Bundle I seriously considered changing my pre-order to that, so glad I didn't.
Still going to get KZ:Sf thanks to amazon.de's 3 for 2 deal. Hope this isn't true though for everyone else.

Readingaid

Neo Member
Hey guys I have been a lurker on the forum for a good while now but I thought I would update you with a nugget of info on this.

I was offered the Mega Bundle via Shopto on Monday at about 9pm. I went forward and went for the swap. I also was concerned over getting it for release so sent them this email.

Hello

My name is Adam and i have had a PS4 pre-ordered and paid with you guys for quite some time now. I recently was offered the PS4 Killzone Mega Bundle and took you up on it but was a little concerned over the release of the system.

I am aware several retailers online have been offering this bundle but then letting customers know that the bundle is not actually for the release date of the 29th Nov and is in fact part of a backlogged order (most suggesting mid December for delivery)

I wanted to clarify that this Mega Bundle is in fact releasing on the 29th Nov along with the regular PS4 system. (I was offered the bundle yesterday somewhat later than expected, will this have a bearing?)

Also I have used ShopTo for many years now and love your service, I would not use another company now. One thing I have always appreciated is the delivery times IE sometimes arriving a day early. Can I expect the same sort of service or will the mass launch of hardware and high demand deem that unlikely?

Many thanks.

To which I got this reply....

Hi Adam,

I can confirm that your pre-ordered bundle will be delivered on release date. This will be dispatched via DPD one day before release, which means you will not get one day early.

Regards,

I may raise the ticket again now we have more information.

My Amazon order hasn't changed ship date. If it did, I would go mental at Amazon and demand to be guaranteed a regular unit! It may not work, but god dammit I'd try!

Addnan

Fingers crossed this is just because they are concentrating all stock to the UK
sorry everyone else

nib95

Banned
Call me suspicious but I'm starting to get the feeling that Sony is pulling this shit only to make more money from from selling this bundled stuff separately instead. The mega bundle is the best deal out of the lot of them, it's very (in)convenient that this is the one getting delayed. It's not like these extras won't be available in copious supply on launch day (Killzone, extra controllers, the camera etc).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I finally went to my local Gamestop (in Ireland) last week about bundles.

I didn't get any call from them, and they had already allocated all but one bundle - the PS4+KZ e440 one. So I went with that.

I was disappointed I couldn't get the megabundle but maybe I lucked out,.

LAA

Hey guys I have been a lurker on the forum for a good while now but I thought I would update you with a nugget of info on this.

I was offered the Mega Bundle via Shopto on Monday at about 9pm. I went forward and went for the swap. I also was concerned over getting it for release so sent them this email.

Hello

My name is Adam and i have had a PS4 pre-ordered and paid with you guys for quite some time now. I recently was offered the PS4 Killzone Mega Bundle and took you up on it but was a little concerned over the release of the system.

I am aware several retailers online have been offering this bundle but then letting customers know that the bundle is not actually for the release date of the 29th Nov and is in fact part of a backlogged order (most suggesting mid December for delivery)

I wanted to clarify that this Mega Bundle is in fact releasing on the 29th Nov along with the regular PS4 system. (I was offered the bundle yesterday somewhat later than expected, will this have a bearing?)

Also I have used ShopTo for many years now and love your service, I would not use another company now. One thing I have always appreciated is the delivery times IE sometimes arriving a day early. Can I expect the same sort of service or will the mass launch of hardware and high demand deem that unlikely?

Many thanks.

To which I got this reply....

Hi Adam,

I can confirm that your pre-ordered bundle will be delivered on release date. This will be dispatched via DPD one day before release, which means you will not get one day early.

Regards,

I may raise the ticket again now we have more information.

I raised a ticket with ShopTo yesterday to confirm whether my mega bundle was for launch or not and I was told it was, so hopefully it'll be fine for the UK at least.

The bigger news is that it's not coming a day early?! Nooooo! Nah I'm fine with Friday, Thursday would be a bad day for PS4 to come for me anyway. I just want it at least on launch.

spwolf

Call me suspicious but I'm starting to get the feeling that Sony is pulling this shit only to make more money from from selling this bundled stuff separately instead. The mega bundle is the best deal out of the lot of them, it's very (in)convenient that this is the one getting delayed. It's not like these extras won't be available in copious supply on launch day (Killzone, extra controllers, the camera etc).

how does that work? Bundles are sold out already... will you buy another PS4 on the launch day and then the bundle as well?

Messi

I finally went to my local Gamestop (in Ireland) last week about bundles.

I didn't get any call from them, and they had already allocated all but one bundle - the PS4+KZ e440 one. So I went with that.

I was disappointed I couldn't get the megabundle but maybe I lucked out,.

Yeah they called people on the list until they were gone. my store got 10 mega bundles.

nib95

Banned
how does that work? Bundles are sold out already... will you buy another PS4 on the launch day and then the bundle as well?

What I mean is, if the retailer can no longer sell you this bundle, they switch you over to another bundle, or some reserve/extra stock or something Sony provides them with instead. After which you have to buy KZ Shadow Fall, an extra controller and the camera if you want it, separately. Which obviously comes up to a higher cost, and makes Sony and the retailer more money. If they cancel the bundle due to a delay and do not offer an alternative, there will be major shit to pay since many people switched a normal console over to a bundle just recently.

Carlow

I was going to ask them on Twitter to check with their supplier, but when I went to find the bundle page on their site to link them to, it's gone.

you have to click on the bundle from your pre orders to bring up its web page, not on the site other wise.

Pennywise

Wasn't this already known ?
It's stated in the first source that amazon Germany even warned their customers that this bundle won't release on launch day, but before christmas.

Top Bottom