• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you excited for Exstetra? (3DS/PSV JRPG)

v5HPJfT.jpg

http://exstetra.furyu.jp/

When will Tales serve this kind of realness?

Exstetra was just released in Japan, it's a turn based JRPG for 3DS and Vita, developed by Furyu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exstetra

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBwH0la4vo

They have also developed Unchained Blades, available digitally for 3DS and PSP thanks to Xseed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unchained_Blades

Now will Xseed ever localize this great looking game? I mean they are currently wasting time with shit like Valhalla Knights, who asked for that? Exstetra looks so much better.

Anyway, post and let us know how you feel about this game. If you have more info, feel free to share too, I admit I don't know much about it.

AUYgaSY.jpg

PsionBolt

Generic animu...
Magical girls!
Kisses...?

I don't know what to think.
I'm always up for another good 3DS JRPG, but this one seems kinda shaky.

Nev

Banned
The three girls have the same face. Same happens between the two guys.

You better hope it's not representative of the effort put into the rest of the game.

Stuart444

So having looked at the pics/comments RyougaSaotome posted on twitter (had to look when I saw it mentioned above), my first thought was "is it as bad as Tokitowa?"

Ennoia

Banned
LOL, this game is about kissing every character, including male and female.
There's even some trophy (vita) for kiss each one 50 times.

hongcha

Early impressions say it is a very good old school JRPG, with challenging, strategic battles. Here's a nice thorough review scoring it 8/10.

You can kiss girls or boys, but rest assured you can turn off kissing animations if you do not want to see one or the other gender getting kissed.

Music is by Yoko Shimomura, one of my favourite video game composers.

Zephyx

Early impressions say it is a very good old school JRPG, with challenging, strategic battles. Here's a nice thorough review scoring it 8/10.

You can kiss girls or boys, but rest assured you can turn off kissing animations if you do not want to see one or the other gender getting kissed.

Music is by Yoko Shimomura, one of my favourite video game composers.

Kissing or establishing relationships with boys would be really really awkward for me if the protagonist is male. At least let us pick the gender of the main character (ala P3P).

Shouta

DTL the game?

Looks like they took the game engine used for the PSP Shining games for this and got Tony Taka as a side effect.

edit: okay Xseed's not doing it. Who else can?

Aksys is a possibility but I rather have them localize more otome VNs.

There's also NISA, but I assume they have their hands full with the Neptunia Vita games and Danganronpa. They better focus on Danganronpa.

hongcha

Kissing or establishing relationships with boys would be really really awkward for me if the protagonist is male. At least let us pick the gender of the main character (ala P3P).

I agree.

From what I have read, you have to kiss each member once when they join your party, then you kiss them if/when you do a special move with them in battle. If you just focus on one character and ignore the others, the others become jealous and look/act sad. Not sure if it has any impact on how they perform in battle (though I would assume it does).

I have also read that the whole kissing thing is very tongue-in-cheek (no pun intended), rather than romantic, so it's more of a goofy/silly thing.

Zephyx

Aksys is a possibility but I rather have them localize more otome VNs.

There's also NISA, but I assume they have their hands full with the Neptunia Vita games and Danganronpa. They better focus on Danganronpa.

I think this has no possibility to be localized. It would get a lot of flak here just like what happened with Dragon's Crown.

EDIT: It's also too niche.

But I'm hoping though...

Wasn't a big fan of Unchained Blades and have quit a backlog brewing.

Would probably grab a physical day one and a digital sometime, depending on impressions

Puru

Might be interesting but definitly not fond of the art style. Typicaly the kind of game i'd only give a try at a huge discount though (if i still remember it exists).

I like the character designs (except for not-Mami on the left there,) but could do without the otakubait "snog for powerup" angle

Top Bottom