Microsoft quote from Engadget, sounds like he's gonna get unbanned closer to launch:
Sure, you can call me Larry. As I noted, things are not ready. Also, he was not banned (his gamertag and Xbox 360 are not impacted) his console was just blocked from signing in. When things are ready, he'll get on early - that is what I am working on.
THE STORY SO FAR IN BRIEF:
Update 3: A Microsoft spokesperson tells Engadget that the Xbox One consoles some consumers received by accident well ahead of launch on November 22nd cannot access Xbox Live until closer to launch. The statement says: "Due to a retail partner's system issue, a very small number of Xbox One consoles were shipped to consumers before the November 22 street date. We're pleased to see the initial response to Xbox One has been so positive, but given we are still putting the finishing touches on our games, UI and online services, as well as confidential partner and media agreements, these consoles units will be restricted from connecting to Xbox Live until closer to our launch date."
- Guy gets an Xbox One Friday evening, because Target fucked up
- Posts a bunch of details with highly positive reaction
- Couple folks on Twitter advise him not post any gameplay, he agrees to wait
- More folks on Twitter start tweeting that he has the console and is answering questions
- Couple media outlets pick up that he's spewing details
- He posts an unboxing video to YouTube
- Microsoft takes unboxing video down with a copyright strike, asking for proof of purhcase
- He responds to said email with proof of purchase
- People start tweeting to him how his was wronged
- Talks about suing MS
- Hours of people upset over unboxing video taken down
- Dude emails MS to see when/if the unboxing video can go back up
- More bitching from people about video being taken down
- Dude jokes he "might sue them lol"
- Around midnight his console gets banned from XBL, but not his account
- Dude contacts @Microsoft to explain, tweets @Microsoft several times with no response
- People get in an uproar over how he was wronged, they suggest to sue
- Dude stays calm, says he will go straight to MS
- People go back to being raged about the unboxing video being taken down
- Dude goes to sleep
- Major Nelson joins the GAF thread and says he's going to try to resolve it
- GAF still kind of in uproar
The update is already up for download?!
He told me update is 500MB.
Madden 25: 12GB
Zumba Fitness: 24GB
Dead Rising 3: 19GB
NBA 2K14: 43GB
NBA LIVE: 9GB
Forza 5: 31GB
FIFA 14: 8GB
Assassin's Creed IV: 20GB
Just Dance 2014: 22GB
Stolen from the PS4 'when will someone break street date thread'
Someone is selling it on eBay, of course, it looks fully genuine and they show the Target receipt from the box.
A few weird things:
1) How are they shipping standard consoles before Day One editions?
2) All this stuff is run by computers, how hard is it for the computer to check a date before accepting a shipment?
Of course the required update is probably not up yet, so interesting to see if anyone bites.