• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

The best part

I AM SURE CELEBRITIES OR DIE HARD XBOX FANS WOULD LABEL THIS AS PRICELESS, " A GOLDEN TICKET", A ONE-TIME NEVER AGAIN OPPORTUNITY TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS UNRELEASED SYSTEM THAT NOBODY HAS THE ABILITY TO GET THERE HANDS ON UNTIL WORLDWIDE RELEASE OF NOVEMBER 22ND!

Wow.

That looks legit.

There was someone mentioned that Target had sent them one yesterday.

No games have been released yet.

Edit: What an ass for selling it. I'm sure he could do something with it out of the box.

Rocky

Banned
The servers might have the patch up early, no? Or is it confirmed it won't appear until the 22nd? Not that I'm saying being the only person in America downloading the patch early would be a WISE move...

The best part

I AM SURE CELEBRITIES OR DIE HARD XBOX FANS WOULD LABEL THIS AS PRICELESS, " A GOLDEN TICKET", A ONE-TIME NEVER AGAIN OPPORTUNITY TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS UNRELEASED SYSTEM THAT NOBODY HAS THE ABILITY TO GET THERE HANDS ON UNTIL WORLDWIDE RELEASE OF NOVEMBER 22ND!

He should add "AND THAT NOBODY HAS THE ABILITY TO PLAY" before the worldwide release part as well. hehe.

Drakeon

G9W0twW.png

(it's funny to me anyway)

Excellent point. Why would anyone buy this if they can't patch it? I guess it'd have to be a sucker who doesn't realize he won't get to play it before the 22nd.

Toki767

It's a shame it really can't do anything pre-launch. I bet if it was an early PS4 someone would end up biting for the $1000 starting bid since you can already play games on it without a patch.

Reule

Target better have those first party PS4 games ready on Tuesday then! :E

Seriously, that's crazy. Too bad you can't do much of anything on it without the update.

Damaniel

Banned
$10k BIN price and the guy doesn't even offer free shipping.

Nobody's going to pay that kind of price, so why bother asking?

Valnen

Something feels really off here. Are we sure this console isn't stolen? The fact that it's not a day one edition is really suspicious to me.

Someone in retail (like at a BestBuy or Gamestop) should be able to scan that serial. The fact that this guy is scamming people kinda pisses me off. And no, I don't buy the 'Do it for the kids'.

It's going to sell for the $10k buy it now price and make a nice news headline on people's home pages. That's good marketing eh?

I have to admit I'm extremely tempted. Why, it comes out to only $678 a day for the privilege of owning the system before it releases!

rjinaz

Honestly if this happened to me, I'd do the same thing. Though, I'd go about it differently. For one I'd make sure people knew it was useless until launch. For another, I wouldn't ask 10k for it because that is just crazy town.

Brannon

Exclusive first owner of the most useless hunk of tech for the next two weeks; this experience could be YOURS for the low low price of $10,000!

Why pass up this opportunity? Upscale your status today!

Top Bottom