• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft working on F2P Xbox One game based on "successful" first party IP

Xbox off if old

He or she will "lead the production, execution and integration of key technologies and features necessary to support the service components of a new game based on an existing, successful Microsoft Studios IP". Desirable experience includes work on "AAA" console or PC titles, along with a strong understanding of the concept of games as services.

OXM

Job posting is new as well, only went up on 12th November

So it seems Redmond publishing does have a development studio then?
Any guesses on the IP?

Rising_Hei

First party that's succesful? (Gears is not first party).

What do they have that wotks at these days? Halo and Forza?
Forza F2P might be interesting

Camjo-Z

"Hey Banjo! You'll need a new move to get past this obstacle. I could teach it to you for 1000 Notes... or for just $1.99!"

Fable or Halo probably.

Will be funny if MS actually tries to call it "Free to play" though, when it obviously won't be.
Right, because no other company does that, so that would be soooooo out of the realm of possibilities that it would be totally hilarious!

Edit: unless you are referring to Gold being required, then ya, I'd agree with you :p.

I know there's Fable anniversary... but I'm betting this is Fable.

Well... its interesting, a guy who left Lionhead and worked on Fable Legends said he was also working on an unannounced game

If you look at the Lionhead job postings, senior audio engineer doesn't mention Fable/Legends or any other other game which is from mid-November but lead visual effects artist from mid October does mention Fable Legends

Personally I think Lionhead are developing/prototyping a new IP so maybe that allows Redmond to do the MMO? Head of Lionhead has a load of MMO experience...

Top Bottom