• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Official Website is Live

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/

Ground Zeroes releases Spring 2014 worldwide on PS3, PS4, and 360. It is to be announced for the Xbone.

Japan gets physical PS4 version of Ground Zeroes and a Premium Edition for PS3,PS4, and 360 which includes Ground Zeroes, Premium box, Snake figurine, and Peace Walker novelization:
ip9xhiz6MwHkt.jpg

i4L8HBVIkrZnQ.jpg

ib0O461pUMe3q0.jpg

Metallic version available:
BZGIQ21CQAEFo4a.jpg:large

PS3/PS4 Deja Vu Mission Screens:
ibg7iRXVHR5Xao.jpg

ie9iojD2p8Jjv.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Horrid cover "art" :lol

Someone help me understand as I'm interested in the game, but I haven't been following it. Why does it seem like there are two Metal Gear Solid V games? Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain?

Betty

Banned
Someone help me understand as I'm interested in the game, but I haven't been following it. Why does it seem like there are two Metal Gear Solid V games? Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain?

Ground Zeroes is the prologue, it sets up the events of the full main game The Phantom Pain.

Ground Zeroes will be released in spring, The Phantom Pain has yet to have release date announced.

Persona7

Banned

Think of it like GT5 prologue.

Konami has to milk every single dollar out of this release.

drproton

My import sense is tingling.

Surely they wouldn't waste money on Sutherland and not have the English voice option in the Japanese version, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
To be announced for xbone ?

they revealed the 'next-gen' version on xbone's e3 conference -_-

edit: I'm confused .. is this about GZ or TPP ?

fucking hell Kojima :mad:

farisr

If the Japan version includes English voiceover then I'll import the physical one and get it near launch. Otherwise yeah, I'm gonna wait for the digital version to be dirt cheap, or possibly even till The Phantom Pain comes out when chances of a physical release or an on disc release become more likely.

Zalman

Damn, I wish I was into the MGS franchise from the beginning. Getting into it now seems like a lot to take in.

Ground Zeroes is the prologue, it sets up the events of the full main game The Phantom Pain.

Ground Zeroes will be released in spring, The Phantom Pain has yet to have release date announced.

Really? I hadn't realized this.

Is Ground Zeroes a portion of Phantom Pain? If so, how much of it?

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Finally some information regarding the story, most of it we know.

The year is 1975, the age of détente. The Vietnam conflict is drawing to a close and the world is thawing in the wake of the Cold War. However, as tension among the world's giant superpowers eased, a tiny military force quietly took root in the Caribbean. A new type of military - an army without a nation, or any land to call home.

Lead by an enigmatic man known as Snake," the clandestine group operated in the shadows as elite guns-for-hire, servicing various governments around the world. As their reputation grew, so did their funding and military might. Eventually, rumors began to spread that the group had attained nuclear weapons capability. The alarming prospect of a nuclear-equipped military force existing beyond the confines of the NPT (Nuclear Proliferation Treaty), and without any formal government, prompted demands for immediate nuclear inspection by the IAEA.

At that same time, Snake also received word that Paz, a female spy who had once infiltrated his army's Mother Base was alive and being interrogated at a US Naval base on the southern tip of Cuba. The base housed a prison facility - a black-site that could operate outside the laws of both Cuba and the United States, where extreme forms of interrogation were sanctioned. Upon learning of the situation, Chico, a young volunteer in Snake's army with feelings for Paz, took it upon himself to rescue her.

It wasn't long before Snake received a distress call from Chico revealing that he had also been captured. With few options left, Snake embarks on a covert mission to reclaim both Paz and Chico from Cuba while Mother Base prepares to welcome its nuclear inspection.

Little did Snake know that this decision would set in motion a series of tragic events that would forever change his fate.

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Ground Zeroes is just the introduction chapter on how Big Boss fell into a coma. After he wakes up, we find that he's stuck in a hospital, a mysterious stranger helps him escape after a 9 year coma. Things fall into place (or out of place) and that's how we get The Phantom Pain. He lost limbs and later on, had cybernetic implants.

A lot of other drama happens. Ground Zeroes is an introduction as well as a test to see how well the game does and how fans react to an open-world Metal Gear Solid.

Seems weird to include Peace Walker, especially with the PS4 version? Does that mean a PS4 port of Peace Walker?

I want that Revoltech, though.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Seems weird to include Peace Walker, especially with the PS4 version? Does that mean a PS4 port of Peace Walker?

I want that Revoltech, though.

It's a novel adaptation of Peace Walker, as far as I can tell.

Betty

Banned
Really? I hadn't realized this.

Is Ground Zeroes a portion of Phantom Pain? If so, how much of it?

Just think of Ground Zeroes as part 1 of MGSV and The Phantom Pain as part 2 of MGSV.

The only important thing being that The Phantom Pain is far, far, far larger than Ground Zeroes, which is serving a tutorial for the new gameplay elements found in Phantom Pain.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
damn, the website home page is awesome

hope they change that attitude of releasing the PS4 version only in Japan

Edit: forgot to link it back lol, picture with timeline

Portable Ops got the boot again, I see.

Top Bottom