• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy Stage confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U - 3DS

Roo

New news, new thread

zlCfzRMJyR88QK9Yo5

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics.

zlCfzRMJy9APSdORn5

Sakurai said:
"Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally

Hinted months ago:

ibc3mD8tAOE5qP.jpg

Edit: Sakurai's comments added.

The Lamp

Gosh I love it so much. It looks beautiful. The curvature makes it!

I guess this is Nintendo's way of trying to take attention away from the PS4 midnight launch as best as they can lol.

Triton55

Best looking stage that's been shown so far by a mile. Awesome.

(+ Technically it's only confirmed for the Wii U version)

damaph

That's looks pretty awesome. The curved ground will makes things interesting. I wonder if projectiles will curve also?

Looks really gorgeous, and a great way to integrate the Galaxy mechanics into the gameplay. Having curved attacks and things will be interesting.

afoni

Banned
Only confirmed for Wii U so far. We know some stages are version specific, so the accuracy of this thread could probably benefit from the removal of the 3DS in that there OP.

vanty

At least one map that isn't just floating platforms.

Would it be a full globe with just top of screen kills? Otherwise how would they have edges?

Arondight

That'd be an interesting design, but it'd need some limitation to avoid forcing players from just running away all the time.

The stage itself looks awesome however.

ah ah ah, can't get me anymore. LOL. Would be annoying for two players but fine for 4.

It could be just blocked off by something and be more like half a planet. Would have been an interesting design if possible as well and should have probably made a smaller planet and less travel distance because that would be so damn crazy.

Top Bottom