• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy Stage confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U - 3DS

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
At least one map that isn't just floating platforms.

Would it be a full globe with just top of screen kills? Otherwise how would they have edges?

Theres been several maps already that arent just floating platforms

RagnarokX

I highly doubt you can go around the planet; it looks too big. The camera would constantly be too zoomed out and players would have infinite space to run away. You're probably limited to the borders on that zoomed out screenshot and if you fly past you lose stock.

zlCfzRMJy9APSdORn5

That is one thin Mario.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt you can go around the planet; it looks too big. The camera would constantly be too zoomed out and players would have infinite space to run away. You're probably limited to the borders on that zoomed out screenshot and if you fly past you lose stock.

I want to be able to falcon punch someone making them fly around the planet and then falcon punch them again when they come back.

I want to be able to falcon punch someone making them fly around the planet and then falcon punch them again when they come back.

I really want to see this happen now.

Can I down thrust with link just off the planet and go into orbit until finally smashing intone the level after countless rotations.

Mojojo

I see a small moon (in front of the boat) that seems to be on the same plane as the main planet.. Maybe you can reach it and it has its own gravity...Anyway looks great.

You better be able to go all around the sphere.

I thought so too, but that would be annoying when people started to run away. It looks too big for that to actually work, and on the bottom, things would be reverse and you'd "die downwards".

If the stage spun every so often line Brinstar Depths from Melee, that could work. That level had more interesting terrain than this though, and you couldn't stand on the bottom.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So glad he decided to put in a Galaxy stage (he'd be insane not to).

HOWEVER...

I'm a bit ambivalent on choosing Good Egg Galaxy. On the one hand, it's the intro level to SMG so it's somewhat understandable. But on the other hand, it's also one of the less remarkable levels.

SSBWU should have MINIMUM 3 SMG stages.

rekameohs

Banned
It's possible that the planets have Galaxy-esque gravity where you can go completely around, and then a platform comes out to take you from planet to planet with normal gravity, similar to Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Roo, why 3DS is in title when it's for Wii U only. Poor kids ip are going to get their heart broken like Sah. ;P I'm definitely hyped by this stage. It look so gorgeous.

I presume they reused the curved gravity mechanic for the Sonic Lost World stage, would be an easy fit.

I was personally hoping for multiple curved planetoids you could travel all the way around and between, but this is still alright.

R0ckman

I presume they reused the curved gravity mechanic for the Sonic Lost World stage, would be an easy fit.

I was personally hoping for multiple curved planetoids you could travel all the way around and between, but this is still alright.

This stage was most likely created first.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Battlefield

P3festC.jpg

Spirit Train

vAJrpnR.png

G3u2svm.png

Arena Ferox

ICFGtuL.png

Gerudo Valley

QODHPXK.png