• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Early adapters reporting failures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Could a mod please change 'adapters' to 'adopters' please :(

Lock if no one can find proof. I've not seen a single word and the guy doesn't provide a link, but he tends to be honest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1LjHNznVM

Like he says though, it's bound to happen as it did with the PS4.

There's also reports that Xbox LIVE is down too.

Calibus

Makes sense. New electronic hardware failure rate and all that. What will be more interesting to know is: to what extent and how will MS handle it?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Millions of units of high-tech hardware shipping. Some of them don't work out of the box.

In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow.

Blur

Banned
One of the videos in the article the guy is trying to download the update, but Microsofts servers are currently offline which is why he's not able to finish the setup.

McDougles

99.6-7% success rate because I say so?

Not really thread worthy until there are much more consoles DOA, or if Microsoft makes a statement.

coldfoot

Banned
Even 0.1% failure rate means thousands of faulty consoles. In this day and age where everyone has a smartphone to upload a video to the internet, it's only normal that there some videos of busted Xbones.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Statistically speaking, there will be by necessity be some guys/gals that ordered both consoles and got them both DOA. Let's have a moment of silence for those poor souls.

Jabba

Banned
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

This is typical of any product being shipped wtf.

Syf

Banned
Inevitable that some will fail. Just like the PS4, I'll wait and see just how widespread the failures are.

Seems like standard launch issues.

The power supply issue may be because you reportedly can't plug the X1 into a surge protector...not sure why that's the case though.

tipoo

Banned
Is it a piece of mass produced electronics? Yes? Then there will be failures.

Like people tried to make a fiasco about a few PS4s failing, when it was 0.4% which is *below* the rate of average electronics failures.

Xbox will likely have the same very small 1-3% out of box failure rate as PS4.

I would hope nobody is happy or celebrating over anyone's unfortunate (but rare) hardware issues. Hopefully anyone affected gets a quick replacement.

RedStep

From the description:

"Last week, prior to the PS4 release, the larger gaming media pounced on every report of a PS4 problem like rabid animals. This week, with the Xbox One coming out tomorrow, reports of issues with the system are generally being ignored."

Really? Why can nobody discuss anything anymore without this weird persecution complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom