• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone having any PS4 Optical out audio problems?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
With DTS or Dolby set as my primary output after about half an hour the audio will cut out or it will start stuttering with my DTS/Dolby light flashing, anyone else had similar problem with optical out?

Also it seems optical out isn't quite working right, for example you select DTS as a primary output and it will just keep the av receiver in DTS mode even if your playing a Netflix movie in stereo, it doesn't switch the amp codec any more like it does on the PS3.

NJShadow

I use the optical audio out, connected to a relatively cheap RCA 5.1 set-up. So far no audio issues here. I'll have to double check just what audio settings I'm using (I basically followed the instructions when I first turned the console on.)

With DTS or Dolby set as my primary output after about half an hour the audio will cut out or it will start stuttering with my DTS/Dolby light flashing, anyone else had similar problem with optical out?

Are you using a Mixamp? My Dolby light started flickering a few months ago but it turned out to be a bad optical cable.

LevityNYC

Banned
This happens to me only in NBA2K14. It works fine with all other games.

If I set it to Linear PCM, I have no issues.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Are you using a Mixamp? My Dolby light started flickering a few months ago but it turned out to be a bad optical cable.

No mix amp, I'll try changing the cable just in case but I'm doubtful.

It's confusing to me how the optical out works on the PS4 as you select DTS for example and it will keep your amp in that mode indefinitely, even if you play a stereo netflix movie, where as on the PS3 it will switch the amp codec depending on the source.

I just started having this problem tonight. I have an Astro Mix amp. It happens at random time s and all I have to do to fix it, is go to settings and change from Optical to HDMI, then back to optical. I'll report back if I figure out what it is.

same problem with NBA2K14 optical audio / DTS or Dolby same problem. Any Fix?
BF4,GHOSTS and KILLZONE working just fine!!!!

My AV Receiver Yamaha HTR 6130

Top Bottom