• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden has shipped 700k, Dragon's Crown 800k Worldwide

FluxWaveZ

A recent update to the P-ch Persona channel website is celebrating 700k units shipped of Persona 4 Golden worldwide and is also celebrating its second consecutive year winning the "User Choice Awards" at the PS Awards that happened earlier.

048859356921803da25efe9e5fc961d87b60.jpg

Press release
Press release (Dragon's Crown)

Deserved... No... actually it deserves even more! :)

Is that the highest sales for a Persona title yet? I'm not a hundred percent on the figures for the earlier entries so I'm partly guessing there.

Including digital? I just downloaded it yesterday. Only about 2 hours in, but I love it already. With numbers like this I don't get why they didn't put 5 on Vita,but whatever.

RaikuHebi

Banned
If they can do this much without much marketing then will they be tempted to go all out with Persona 5? I'd love to see it make at least some ripples in the mainstream.

Jubern

It's the second time they do a "sale" on P4G, and like the last one it only goes from 5980¥ to 4980 >_>
And people complain about paying too much for games in the West :(

Bombless

I'm much happier about Dragon's Crown numbers. Vanillaware ftw. Hopefully that means some DLC might be possible (and a new game, sure, but that's a decade away in Vanillaware years :D)

Sophia

Makes me wonder how much 5 will sell, considering this got 700k on a handheld with a relatively low install base

I think Golden benefited from good word of mouth of the original combined with being on the Vita's life early. I'm interested to see if the lack of these two factors hurts Persona 5. It's hard to say so early on however.

That said, 700,000 is a really impressive number. Especially on a system such as the Vita. Not only is Persona 4 the best selling entry now (I believe?), but it also means the attach rate is pretty high.

zeopower6

Does Persona ever ship more than a million worldwide with any of their titles? I really think somehow the series' popularity is overestimated.

That's really good especially considering I never seen it going under 20$ like most(all) other vita titles, what's the attache rate on vita?

Shinta

Banned
world wide sales of Persona 4 (PS2): about 440,000 (not including EU)
world wide sales of Persona 4 Golden: over 700,000

This can't be right if Index is revealing right now that they shipped 700k copies of Persona 4 Golden, including downloads.

Top Bottom