• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now Music Unlimited streaming works as custom soundtrack (Vita)

Shinriji

With the update 1.40, Music Unlimited streaming works as custom soundtrack. I tested with some games and it works. The patch notes.

rVZ4QlY.jpg

Personal megaton for me and a old request from all those vita users with MU subs.

Lock if old.

nampad

My sub just ran out two weeks ago. See there is still no high quality aufio mode in the patch logs, lol.

Now all they need to do is fix Music Unlimited on the PS4. Buggiest app ever. Keeps randomly pausing the music for no reason.

Suzzopher

I was doing this when the service launched on Vita :/ Unless this now means I can do whilst playing PSone/PSP games?

Sounds nice, but they lost me as a customer. It seems there is no option to subscribe to this service without a credit card, which is especially baffling since you don't need one for PS+ and since they had a one year membership available for PS+ members last year which could be bought without credit card.

Suzzopher

Gemüsepizza;92231611 said:
Sounds nice, but they lost me as a customer. It seems there is no option to subscribe to this service without a credit card, which is especially baffling since you don't need one for PS+ and since they had a one year membership available for PS+ members last year which could be bought without credit card.

I renewed this month and it just used my balance from SEN Wallet.

Shinriji

I was doing this when the service launched on Vita :/ Unless this now means I can do whilst playing PSone/PSP games?

You only could do that when choosing a offline MU playlist. Now it works when streaming. And, of course, only works in games that support custom soundtracks. PSP and PSX won't work,

I renewed this month and it just used my balance from SEN Wallet.

When I want to subscribe I get asked to input my credit card details. I guess you have them stored in your account. The fact that they don't even use the card for payment is hilarious. I wonder how many more customers they could have if they passed on this requirement.

VanWinkle

AWESOME! It finally can be some use to me on the Vita! It's a great app on there too. Probably the best out of their mobile and console apps.

bebop242

nice, it was awkward to have to download the songs to be able to play "offline play" to use as background music.

Nice. I had to re-sub because my 12 dollar for the year thing ran out a couple weeks back. Wife uses it all the time so I don't mind paying.

Skerj

It's been doing this (apparently unofficially) for at least a few months now, because I tested it out when I had a Music Unlimited sub during the summer. I thought it was always a given. ..odd really.

Now all they need to do is fix Music Unlimited on the PS4. Buggiest app ever. Keeps randomly pausing the music for no reason.

It also stops playback completely which causes you to either restart the application or restart the system. No excusing this really considering it's a paid service and the only way to use custom soundtracks. Grew weary of Need For Speed's soundtrack rather quickly, especially since you hear the generic pursuit music for a good chunk of the game unless you're in a race or time trial so I've actually been using it lately.

tensuke

It's been doing this (apparently unofficially) for at least a few months now, because I tested it out when I had a Music Unlimited sub during the summer. I thought it was always a given. ..odd really.

Were you streaming the songs or were they in offline playlists? Because they've only just now apparently added streaming in the background. It's always paused streams whenever I went to the live area.

VanWinkle

Just noticed they updated the look a little too, with a new, much more pleasing color scheme. I looks really nice now.

Elvick

Banned
Cool service but way overpriced. It should have been $50/ year. $10/month is too much.
I agree it's too expensive.

Thankfully I've gotten deals, the PS+ one a year or so ago and I got an email for $3 for 3 Months. So I still have my account for now.

Just noticed they updated the look a little too, with a new, much more pleasing color scheme. I looks really nice now.
That was awhile ago.

Cragvis

SUPER slow to load for me too.

I go to the menu from a game, to music unlimited, and it takes like 60 seconds for it just to load the damn thing, and even then the menus within it are laggy.

If they fixed it so it was super fast, and dropped the price from 10$ a month to $1 + ps+ id get it.

I was actually having this problem as well on my ps4, untill I put my ps4 into dmz on my router. Changed the NAT type from 2 to 1 and now the music doesn't randomly stop.(Maybe unrelated for all I know but it seemed to work)

whitehawk

Banned
They really need to make custom soundtracks an OS level feature like the 360 did. PlayStation all stars for example doesn't support custom soundtracks on the vita. It's really annoying.

Top Bottom