• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second (sequel to Bravely Default) announced for 3DS

Pooya

jump scan floating around right now.

It's the new game in Bravely series, not expansion pack.

shows a new character; マグノリア Magnolia.

(@RyougaSaotome) said:
In the upper left hand corner of the scan you can see the kanji for ;a story taking _____ years after____; '年後の物語’ Same world it looks like

K.Sabot

Good.

Good.

This is adequate.

Edit: Redact the previous statement because I don't believe you.

Edit edit: Redact that redaction, because this game looks AWESOME.

2San

Isn't Bravely second the mechanic in Bravely default that's based around micro transactions? Micro transactions the game?!

mtosh

Banned
It's not quite a sequel...
"The game appears to be an evolution of the first game with added elements to garner interest in a sequel. It will have new events, reformed controls, an auto-battle mode, and a quad-speed battle option. There are now three save spots and players can select a difficulty level. It can also use data from the original game."

watershed

Banned
Don't post scans. And I thought there already was an updated release that added new features. So what is this?

Edit: Nvrmnd that's a scan of the "for the sequel" release.

Magnus

So for the deluxe version of 1 that contains new features to entice interest in a sequel, they subtitle the project 'For the Sequel'?

Lol. Square. Jesus Christ.

Where's that Square game name generator when you need it....

But yes, isn't this thread about an entirely new game? BD2 basically?

Nemesis_

awkward.jpg
It's not quite a sequel...

First of all, no scans.

Second of all FOR THE SEQUEL isn't actually the sequel that they're talking about, it's the it's a redux of the original game that's being localised here.

Bravely Default: Flight of the Fairy
Bravely Default: For The Sequel
Bravely Second

If I am reading correctly.

Ratrat

I thought For the Sequel was to fund the sequel? Yet they're announcing it before releasing For the Sequel...

Thoraxes

Glad to see in the scans that thighs are still alive and well.

Gonna get everyone I can to buy Bravely Default here in the states! We gotta get this one too!

Mumford

First of all, no scans.

Second of all FOR THE SEQUEL isn't actually the sequel that they're talking about, it's the it's a redux of the original game that's being localised here.

Bravely Default: Flight of the Fairy
Bravely Default: For The Sequel
Bravely Second

If I am reading correctly.
I'm confused. There are three BD games coming out in the west, or just one (For the Sequel I'm guessing) and then there's potential for the actual sequel? I'm excited to check this out in 2014 so I'm curious.

Sendou

I'm confused. There are three BD games coming out in the west, or just one (For the Sequel I'm guessing) and then there's potential for the actual sequel? I'm excited to check this out in 2014 so I'm curious.

At the moment just For The Sequel. This month in PAL and February in NA.

L Thammy

After a goofy title like "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy", all they could think of was "Bravely Second"?
It's like they defaulted on their creativity. :(

...More seriously, any greater presence of JRPGs on the 3DS is a good thing.

Top Bottom