• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default scenario writer not working on Bravely Second, writers announced

zeromcd73

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/40098887.html

[ゲーム情報]
3DS「ブレイブリーセカンド」
発売日は未定のまま。囚われの身となったアニエスの他、新キャラマグノリアの3Dモデルなどが公開(ただし3DS欺)。浅野プロデューサーによると体験 版も出したいとか。シナリオは浅野Pと高橋真志氏、中原ディレクター、網代氏と前作の小説版を書いた月島氏がシナリオを担当、5pb.の林氏は関わらず。 サウンドはスケジュールの関係でRevo氏に代わりryo氏が担当する事に。

Hayashi who wrote the scenario for the first Bravely Default game and Steins; Gate from 5pb. will not be involved at all in Bravely Second.

The producer of both games; Asano P will be writing the scenario together with Takahashi. 網代 (can't pronounce) and Tsukishima who wrote the Bravely Default novels will be supervising the scenario. Nakahara will be directing.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the names of the people who work at Square Enix (besides Nomura), so if I've made a mistake be sure to say something :)

BD had some brave writing with that second half. Somewhat frustrating, but a brave choice nonetheless. I'm interested to see where they'll take the story, they couldn't possible pull off the same thing again, could they....?

GAF is gonna be happy about this, lol

BD had some brave writing with that second half. Somewhat frustrating, but a brave choice nonetheless. I'm interested to see where they'll take the story, they couldn't possible pull off the same thing again, could they....?

Even if they kept the same writer I severely doubt they would do that again. Especially considering that the setting is the same as the original.

This doesn't hurt as much as Revo not returning but still. I liked the story Hayashi whipped up, too bad it didn't translate as well into a JRPG. It really showed that he has a background in VNs.

Well, that's good, obviously you don't want to work on the same games over and over and over and over and over. That would just be tedious. Who would want to do that? Not me.

random25

If it is for the better, then I'm looking forward to it.

I'm starting to warm up with the idea of Supercell working on the music (Revo, you're still the best!). Hopefully Bravely Second surpasses the predecessor in every facet of the game.

KHlover

Banned

No, it wouldn't be brave the second time :p

vareon

lol this is one people might be OK with. Hayashi is usually good but BD was nothing remarkable in the storyline (except you know).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

BD had a dreadful story the entire way through.

This can really only be a good thing, maybe we'll get something decentish in Second. My expectations aren't very high though.

Jubern

Could people be more subtle in their criticism of the original, please? I haven't played the game a whole lot yet but I already had it spoilered because of all the salt.

That's not a spoiler is it? I really hope not because I haven't played the game yet.

Could people be more subtle in their criticism of the original, please? I haven't played the game a whole lot yet but I already had it spoilered because of all the salt.

If you haven't finished the first game, you really shouldn't hang around in a thread about the story of the second.

BasilZero

rJVlkCI.png

duckroll

I think what the blog is saying is that the producer Tomoya Asano, the assistant producer Shinji Takahashi, the director Kensuke Nakahara, the lead scenario planner Keiichi Ajiro, and the novel author Souki Tsukishima are all working on the scenario for Bravely Second, while Naotaka Hayashi from 5pb isn't involved this time. Kensuke Nakahara and Keiichi Ajiro are both from Silicon Studios, not Square Enix.

You might say he bravely defaulted on his responsibility to write a sequel

I bravely second this post.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you haven't finished the first game, you really shouldn't hang around in a thread about the story of the second.

From a moderation perspective, for threads about sequels we generally don't enforce spoiler tags since it becomes too difficult to discuss the game.

Like you can't even look at a single screenshot of Lords of Shadow 2 without spoiling the ending to Lords of Shadow 1. Similarly half the media for Mass Effect 3 spoils Mass Effect 1.

Fireblend

Banned
You might say he bravely defaulted on his responsibility to write a sequel

5/10

I dunno what to think, I'm on chapter 5 in BD and I haven't really thought of the story as one of its high points. If anything it seems pretty generic and linear and only gets somewhat interesting towards the end. There's a huge cast but it's barely fleshed out and the excessive lore really doesn't feel relevant to the story. And yes I know about the ending twist.

BD had a dreadful story the entire way through.

This can really only be a good thing, maybe we'll get something decentish in Second. My expectations aren't very high though.

I think BD had decent writing, at least when it came to dialogue and the characters' personalities (even though they were borderline cliché)...

4o34IMx.jpg

However the overlying story was a bit.. unsatisfactory and made me give up multiple times just to pick it up months later to 'force myself' through it.. So yeah, hopefully the sequel has a more engaging story.

duckroll

Depends, do they have a proclivity for copy/paste like the first writer?

I guess the question goes back to - how much of it was the writer's idea as opposed to him creating a scenario around the game's framework determined by the producer and director based on budget limitations?

Top Bottom