• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Abilities Details From GameInformer

I just received the latest issue of Game Informer and here are some abilities Dracula will have:

- Mist Form allows Dracula to phase through enemies, dodge enemy attacks and pass certain barriers.
- Stealth sections, which of course is new to the series.
- Dracula has no bat form but instead can summon bats to distract enemies and glamor them.
- He can Charm enemies to take control of them.
- Dragon Form. Details regarding this are currently scarce.
- Dracula can use his own blood to manifest his blood whip and can also use it to summon projectile daggers.
- Seal of Alastor unlocks every skill for for each of Dracula's weapons temporarily.
- Stolas' Clock can be used to slow enemies and gain an experience point boost for each attack.

Other than that, a couple new screenshots. One of his Dragon Form which looks pretty cool and another one where Dracula is fighting skeletons.

AHA-Lambda

iLFyuHc2iGWiK.gif

I Imagine The Stealth Will Be With Old Crusty Drac Before He Gets His Powers Back
From the sounds of it, yes.

From Game Informer:

Stealth sections are a new addition to the series, which Konami says is necessary due to his initially incomplete set of talents. Since Dracula begins Lords of Shadow 2 without all of his powers intact, he must take a sneakier approach to certain situations.

....Stealth sections? Why the fuck would super-powered Dracula (who has a goddamn Dragon form, apparently) need to stealth?

Edit: Crusty Old Drac is the stealth huh. Well that's better but it still doesn't sound fun.

I'm worried about this game. In general, not just from this news. But that news didn't help.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want to know more about this guy:

I hope he's playable in some form or another...

Stealth sections?

Mercury Steam is trying hard to prove to the gaming community that any props they received for "reviving" the Castlevania franchise is unfounded and overrated. Kudos to them, somebody had to do it.

Amir0x

Banned
Did they ever say on if they will focus on a better framerate this go around? I hear the PC version is good but I never got to try that one out, so the framerate is one of the issues I had (other than the combat system and it being nothing like Castlevania, of course).

Did they ever say on if they will focus on a better framerate this go around? I hear the PC version is good but I never got to try that one out, so the framerate is one of the issues I had (other than the combat system and it being nothing like Castlevania, of course).

It'll be 60FPS.

On my PC.

Momentary

Banned

I thought hey said consoles will be a solid 30fps while PC will be 120fps

Stop playing man.

Clawww

Well, hopefully the shitty stealth will at least replace the boring as fuck platforming, although I'm afraid we'll be stuck with both. Can't wait to stealthily ledge-climb past enemies.

Are they releasing the PC version simultaneously this time then? I don't think I need to tell you how vast the gap was between when the console version released and the PC version came out :p

S-s-s-s-s-s-simultaneous release! February 25th in the US and February 27th in the EU.

Are they releasing the PC version simultaneously this time then? I don't think I need to tell you how vast the gap was between when the console version released and the PC version came out :p

I assumed so. But, I guess I don't actually know.

EDIT: VG24/7 says it's same day:

Lords of Shadow 2 will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 25 in North America and February 27 in Europe.

Hopefully they're correct.

Bebpo

Banned
Might as well rant here since it's the latest LoS thread and I finally just caught up on the series storyline.

So the first LoS ends with a Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive-like infinitely promising teaser for LoS2, Castlevania in a modern day 2013 setting. Like swinging through NYC or Tokyo, fighting monsters while crowds off shoppers run in terror, basically doing a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona thing of mixing horror lore with modern real world "cool"/style/hipness.

And then LoS2 trailers come out and it's like "It's modern day!...but you spend the whole game in Victorian castles that look like every other CV and you'd never be able to tell you're playing in a modern setting"

I didn't like LoS, but the teaser made me excited for LoS2 because even if it was a shit game, I'd play it for the story for something as interesting as CV Lore in a modern world setting. But it looks like they totally squandered that premise and now it's just another LoS. Disappointed beyond words.

Amir0x

Banned
S-s-s-s-s-s-simultaneous release! February 25th in the US and February 27th in the EU.

Nice. Alright, I'll wait for impressions then from trusted GAFers to see whether I should dip in this time. LoS was a big disappointment but I'm always willing to give things a shot.

Derrick01

Banned
Stealth sections? Let's hope it's 1 quick part at the beginning and never again. I have incredibly high hopes for this game after the demo and the awesome first game.

The PS3 demo for this game was amazingly fluid, at least compared to the first game. It looked a ton better too.

Might as well rant here since it's the latest LoS thread and I finally just caught up on the series storyline.

So the first LoS ends with a Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive-like infinitely promising teaser for LoS2, Castlevania in a modern day 2013 setting. Like swinging through NYC or Tokyo, fighting monsters while crowds off shoppers run in terror, basically doing a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona thing of mixing horror lore with modern real world "cool"/style/hipness.

And then LoS2 trailers come out and it's like "It's modern day!...but you spend the whole game in Victorian castles that look like every other CV and you'd never be able to tell you're playing in a modern setting"

I didn't like LoS, but the teaser made me excited for LoS2 because even if it was a shit game, I'd play it for the story for something as interesting as CV Lore in a modern world setting. But it looks like they totally squandered that premise and now it's just another LoS. Disappointed beyond words.
I have a feeling some of the stuff we seen in trailers is actually Dracula in the past. I wouldn't doubt they're going to switch from past to present here.

Plus, there's mechs in the game so....

1383232416_172652.172653_12_.jpg

So the first LoS ends with a Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive-like infinitely promising teaser for LoS2, Castlevania in a modern day 2013 setting. Like swinging through NYC or Tokyo, fighting monsters while crowds off shoppers run in terror, basically doing a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona thing of mixing horror lore with modern real world "cool"/style/hipnes.

It doesn't seem like we've seen much of anything from the modern day map aside from the front of dracula's "tomb." The game appears to have a time travel element to it so I'd assume most of the obvious castle footage we've seen takes place in the past, either as a flashback or through magic.

Old man Drac will need that stealth to evade the back alley street thugs of the modern era.
Really though I have no faith in the stealth going well, hopefully they'll prove me wrong and/or make it mercifully short.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I have a feeling some of the stuff we seen in trailers is actually Dracula in the past. I wouldn't doubt they're going to switch from past to present here.

Plus, there's mechs in the game so....

Um, id actually consider that a spoiler. Goddamnit i had no idea that type of shit was in the game. Now im not happy :(

Um, id actually consider that a spoiler. Goddamnit i had no idea that type of shit was in the game. Now im not happy :(
Well, it's in the promo pic for the Special Edition I posted. And I'm just assuming by the pic anyhow.

It was in the demo and I believe the very first CG trailer for this game when it was revealed.
That was a magical construct like the Titans. The pics they show in artbook make it look like there's going to be futuristic mechs.

Finally. Castlevania is adding next gen mechanics like stealth to their action series.

It's funny I keep forgetting this game hasn't been released yet. I hated the frame rate but ended up still enjoying the first one. Not sure how this next one will go.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I want to know more about this guy:

I hope he's playable in some form or another...

Victor Belmont was originally supposed to be in the cancelled Dreamcast Castlevania. I believe this will be the first time he's been featured in a game. A nice little nod back to the old school fans.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they release Mirrors Of Fate HD on PC so I canget the Lords Of Shadow trilogy together in a nice bundle.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
- Mist Form allows Dracula to phase through enemies, dodge enemy attacks and pass certain barriers.
- He can Charm enemies to take control of them.
- Dracula can use his own blood to manifest his blood whip and can also use it to summon projectile daggers.
- Stolas' Clock can be used to slow enemies and gain an experience point boost for each attack.
Whoa, Blood Omen tribute? I know, I know, Blood Omen didn't invent these concepts, but I don't recall seeing another game with all of these abilities since the original Blood Omen. Even the bat glamour thing could perhaps be similar to Inspire Hate, though that remains to be seen (I really wish another game would use this idea, it's so neat).

I just had a thought... If the story is good, and if the game is free of modern BS like QTEs and the likes*, it could be the next best thing to a Legacy of Kain game since Defiance (and no, Nosgoth doesn't count :p).

* (I know, sounds like it has "bonus XP" bullshit, but hopefully we won't get obnoxious "STEALTH KILL +30 XP BONUS" pop-ups...)

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Just bought the ultimate edition on steam during the sale and i'm kinda upset I watched the e3 trailer for LoS2 lol, sorta ruins the ending to the first I guess. Anyway i'd assumed the first one was a write off, but i'm surprised at how decent it is. Definitely looking into picking up the 2nd when its out.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Can't wait!! Keeps looking better and better. I've played the old build a couple times and Carlyle still gives me chills.

Top Bottom