• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon S15 is now (partly) on the 3DS eShop for free

15 episodes can be watched directly in the eShop.

EDIT: Also on the Wii U eShop.

wp_20131210_003d2sdv.jpg

Thunder shock if old.

Riki

It's been up for a week or so.
I tried to watch it, but the new voices and animation are so jarring.

Draconian

I was searching for stuff on the Wii U eshop a few days ago and saw them on there too. I've been meaning to watch it, so I guess I can catch up now.

Nudull

Banned
Hope this means that the Pokemon TV app could expand to the 3DS and Wii U. Classic episodes would be nice, too. :)

I saw this a few days ago too. If it had the original season, I'd be interested for the nostalgia alone.

As-is, I'm not going to jump in by 15 seasons, haha.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I can't watch this season anymore, it's just so bad. XY is really really good however.

Best Wishes was really all about missed opportunities, it showed so much promise.

* A fully new set of companions after three seasons of Brock.
* The promise of a "competent" Team Rocket.
* A faster paced series with little fillers.
* Ash catching multiple Pokemon and having reserves.
* The promise of a Plasma plot early on.

And then totally blew it, even discounting the fact the Tsunami messed up the Plasma part. The show was filled with lots of bland animation and overuse of stock-footage, even for Pokemon, Cilan and Iris never really developed (although I didn't hate them, I actually found Iris funny), Ash was even a bigger moron than his Kanto days and battles really overplayed the "who cares about type advantage!" deal, Team Rocket sucked and without them many fillers were even duller, none of the ongoing plots or rivals really developed much, and despite having a large team Ash would usually just use Oshawott or spam Snivy's Attract.

I actually rather enjoy the rest of the Pokemon series, including AG, DP, and now XY, so BW was quite upsetting. XY is particularly good in the animation department, ditching stock footage and color stream backgrounds in favor of actual battles with the Pokemon moving around fully realized arenas. Ash is back to being actually semi-competent, Team Rocket are more balanced, and Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena are all solid.

Im loving pokemon x.

But i haven't watch the anime since they changed ash's voice.

Just watch the sub then starting with XY, that way you can start "fresh" and won't be bogged down by what's changed. It's only 10 episodes or so in so far.

Cybersai

Banned
In the XY series Serena Ash's newest female companion wants to be Ash's waifu. She literally spent her entire childhood wanting to have sex with Ash.

Watch Da Birdie

Yes, pretty much every episode of XY so far has had a solid battle scene. It reminds me of Gundam Build Fighters, which is the same way---the fights have so far looked really nice.

I wonder if they've gotten more funds this go-around, or if there's some new animation programs allowing them to animate battles easier? Of course I don't expect the quality to last the whole way through, but I'm pretty optimistic since we've got 11 episodes straight with solid animation more or less.

You do realize the anime is designed in a way that you can jump in at the start of any generation, right?

It has nothing to do with losing the thread. I just always have to start watching a show from the beginning -- with a few exceptions, like wrestling.

Also, like I mentioned, I have nostalgia for season one.

Atlas157

Yes, pretty much every episode of XY so far has had a solid battle scene. It reminds me of Gundam Build Fighters, which is the same way---the fights have so far looked really nice.

I wonder if they've gotten more funds this go-around, or if there's some new animation programs allowing them to animate battles easier? Of course I don't expect the quality to last the whole way through, but I'm pretty optimistic since we've got 11 episodes straight with solid animation more or less.

So far they've been doing most things right. I hope the animation stays the same for the battles. I remember reading somewhere (forgot the source) that they do have a higher budget for the XY anime, and that they're doing things a little different. Maybe Pokemon The Origin has something to do with it?

What I've noticed is that Ash has taken his competence and skill from Sinnoh. It's like the Unova series didn't even happen.

Does Pikachu continue to de-level every season? Ash should pretty much be able to solo a region with it by now.

He didn't de-level this time. Or at least he hasn't shown it so far.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, I'm pretty sure XY does have a new staff though.

Best Wishes really seemed to go into "panic" mode at the end with all the gimmicks they did, such as calling it "Best Wishes Season 2", then "Episode N", then "Best Wishes DA", which is pretty much the worst season ever judging from what I've read with every episode a bland filler and no real development. Also the ratings were apparently pretty bad, although I imagine Pokemon survives mainly on its cross-promotional merchandise like Sentai/Rider does rather than simply ratings.

So far they've been doing most things right. I hope the animation stays the same for the battles. I remember reading somewhere (forgot the source) that they do have a higher budget for the XY anime, and that they're doing things a little different. Maybe Pokemon The Origin has something to do with it?

What I've noticed is that Ash has taken his competence and skill from Sinnoh. It's like the Unova series didn't even happen.

He didn't de-level this time. Or at least he hasn't shown it so far.

Well, damn. Maybe I should watch this season!

jrDev

It's been up for a week or so.
I tried to watch it, but the new voices and animation are so jarring.
It's been there for more than a month I think, ever since Pokemon x/y launched, probably?

I know I've seen them on the shop for a while...

Watch Da Birdie

Is Alexa still with the group or just in the first few episodes?

She just joined in the end of Best Wishes to promote XY, the group is Ash, Clemont (the Electric XY Gym Leader), Bonnie (his sister from the games), and Serena, the female PC of XY.

It's a pretty solid group, nice to have two girls for once.

Atlas157

NOOOOO!!!

At least Serena is a good character, unlike Iris and her "ASH UR A KID LOL" line which is fucking annoying.

Clemont in 9 episodes has done more than Cilan has done in the entire BW series.

So I'd say it's still an improvement, but I wanted Alexa to stay.

Loco4Coco

She just joined in the end of Best Wishes to promote XY, the group is Ash, Clemont (the Electric XY Gym Leader), Bonnie (his sister from the games), and Serena, the female PC of XY.

It's a pretty solid group, nice to have two girls for once.

Is Bonnie annoying like Max was in Advance Battles?

UberTag

Clemont's outfit disconcerts me. I know he's the Electric gym leader and all and it's designed to reflect that but it looks like he's running around Kalos in his pajamas.

In the XY series Serena Ash's newest female companion wants to be Ash's waifu. She literally spent her entire childhood wanting to have sex with Ash.
This would be disconcerting if it wasn't true.

DP85.jpg
DP358.jpg

We need a rare Misty cameo to get some jealousy stirred up between those two while Ash acts all oblivious.

Top Bottom