• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Stage for Super Smash Bros 3DS Revealed: Features Everyone's Favorite Kapp'n

DaBoss

42AlKAK.jpg

Miiverse Post message: Pic of the day. Yar, I wants to watch some o' that Smash action, too, ye great beast!

They're going to fight on the boat! Would be funny to see the Kapp'n sing.

Here is a link that shows all of the previous Daily Pics if you have missed them: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/

Richie

Dunno if it's an actual battle stage, or something pertaining to an improved Adventure mode.

In either case, have Kapp'n singing his Gamecube tunes and hype is go.

nullset2

Dunno if it's an actual battle stage, or something pertaining to an improved Adventure mode.

In either case, have Kapp'n singing his Gamecube tunes and hype is go.

I'd love for it to be some kind of Adventure mode in Smash 4 following the Melee design, since I hated the "narrative, stage oriented" design of the Adventure mode in Brawl.

Oh man....dammit. This may be the final push to get this version as well. Has there been any mention about benefits of buying both the Wii U and 3DS version?

I hope the next stage they show belongs to a series that's yet to have a stage reveal across both games like DK, Pokemon, Kirby and Starfox, they'll come with time of course but I'm impatient.

Anywho the island is really one of the few exterior AC locations left to use as a stage seeing as the Wii U version covers both the town and city areas seemingly so I figure the boat shot here leads into or is alongside the island. Not really that exciting but with AC I guess you're a bit limited in locations unless they take it indoors and smash it up in the museum or coffee shop, now inexplicably hovering over an abyss.

I had a dream last night about smash bros coming out very soon.

There was also a playable Squid, and there was a clone Octopus character.

Linkhero1

Oh man....dammit. This may be the final push to get this version as well. Has there been any mention about benefits of buying both the Wii U and 3DS version?

Yeah. The Wii U one doesn't look like ass

semi-kidding

Edit: In terms of benefits, there is some connectivity between both games. We don't have full details yet but I recall Sakurai saying you can transfer data between the 3DS and the Wii U version.

When I saw the thread title I thought "No way, they're not adding Captain Crunch to Smash Bros."... And I was right. Guess the wait for the high quality multiplayer cereal box character arena brawler will continue.

If he sings I will beat the **** out of him.

I would love it if they made Kappn a playable character just so I could kill him over and over again.

zroid

Banned
This stage got revealed properly today

Pic of the day. Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs.
zlCfzRl8_zg4kpuXBd

What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?
zlCfzRl9Ae8x3-cPLN

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This stage got revealed properly today

Pic of the day. Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs.
zlCfzRl8_zg4kpuXBd

What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?
zlCfzRl9Ae8x3-cPLN

Random Island layout is going to be very good is it?

daripad

3DS stages look like they have a weird layout, which is amazing because I hate platforms and squares everywhere.

Top Bottom