• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware's new IP in playable build; new Mass Effect and DAI also being played

2qjBwOq.png

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/414077929979523072

mk5zceC.png

1IGAt7a.png

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif

smr00

Banned
6 discs? Man why don't they just pass that around on an external harddive at this point.
Or invest in a few flash drives.

I am sure the company can afford them. Or hell, put them on blu-ray discs. If you are going to have a dvd drive in your PC you might as well go blu-ray.

RalchAC

It's probably cheaper to distribute on disk. Plus, can you run Xbox One games from an external hard drive?

I don't think they'll put the same restrictions in a dev kit than an actual Xbox One, right? The Vita dev kit for example has HDMI out,, but the commercial model doesn't.

And after seeing those 290gb before compression in Shadow Fall (someone post it earlier), it won't be that weird if those 6 disks are Blurays.

Vico

By the way, weren't they supposed to be working on one of the three Star Wars titles (with Dice and Visceral)? Or was it The Old Republic?

Given they like 2 year cycles, maybe we'll see something like this:

Dragon Age - Fall 2014
Mass Effect - Spring 2015
New IP - Fall 2015
Dragon Age - Fall 2016
Mass Effect - Spring 2017
New IP - Fall 2017
etc.

It will. A Bioware dev told me it's definitely coming next year on their forums, the "hopefully 2014" was really just semantics.

Yes, it sounds like the holiday build is gameplay/area complete and only missing VO and the music mostly. If that can't come out by Fall, something is seriously wrong.

Simzyy

So what do people hope the new IP is? They have fantasy and sci-fi covered. CD Projekt are doing Cyberpunk.

Maybe a Steampunk RPG? Whatever it is I'm sure I will be surprised. It won't be as unique a setting as Jade Empire was I imagine. That game did ok but not great.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So guessing the new ME game with be PS3/360 if they are playing the build this soon? Too much money to leave on the table I guess.

H3xum

Oh my god this thread has made me so happy

So.Happy.

Has there been anything said about the new IP? Setting or anything like that? First I've heard of it

Derrick01

Banned
So what do people hope the new IP is? They have fantasy and sci-fi covered. CD Projekt are doing Cyberpunk.

Maybe a Steampunk RPG? Whatever it is I'm sure I will be surprised. It won't be as unique a setting as Jade Empire was I imagine. That game did ok but not great.

Modern day spy RPG. See if they can best alpha protocol :p

Top Bottom