• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ND on TLOU PS4: We'll see :) ; PS4 engine "just getting up & running for Uncharted"

Uncharted might be 2015 after all I guess. "Just up and running" sounds like work only started very recently.

rSVXaOA.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...deo-and-looking-ahead-to-2014/#comment-934633

Via Playstation Lifestyle

Qassim

PLEASE.

Give that game the hardware it deserves so I can complete it. (Although I didn't not complete it for technical reasons, but it certainly was part of the friction that stopped me from going back).

KoopaTheCasual

They would never mention a PS4 TLOU, when there's still unreleased story DLC coming out for the PS3 next year. Wait until after it comes out, then they'll be in a much better position to talk up TLOU PS4.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
how is this a confirmation lol.. he's not saying anything

Isn't this what the upcoming Gaikai service for PS4 is supposedly going to let us do... play PS3 games on PS4 via remote streaming/emulation?

kinggroin

Banned
Yay, another entry in the mostly shit franchise that is Uncharted. Wish they were making something else on the PS4 to start. What a waste of a talented developer IMO.

Edit: I've further elaborated on what I'd like from the company and why I think they are talented despite my dislike for the UC series. Read the the rest of the thread if you'd like to engage me further, but I won't edit the first paragraph or reply to "lol salty".

Yay, another entry in the mostly shit franchise that is Uncharted. Wish they were making something else on the PS4 to start. What a waste of a talented developer IMO.

I've never been a big Uncharted fan myself, too linear and run-n-gun for me, but I think it's ultimately a matter of taste. The games themselves seem high quality and I know people who absolutely love the Uncharted series, they're just not my thing.

Isn't this what the upcoming Gaikai service for PS4 is supposedly going to let us do... play PS3 games on PS4 via remote streaming/emulation?

No. I'm expecting all the major Sony studios to port over their ps3 collections though.

Killzone 2 on ps4 would be godly.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the last of us is one of those rare games that would benefit immensely from a massive graphical boost. not that it isn't gorgeous already, but it issss shooting for a gritty, realistic, atmospheric feel.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I'm glad they're making UC4 and I take pleasure in your unhappiness.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Well that's about as close to confirming as you can get.

Pretty much this until we get an announcement trailer. An HDified version could be announced at E3 to test out the engine before UC4 is out as a full blown PS4 game. And I would like that a lot.

No thanks. I'd rather that time and resources be spent on new games, not ones I played less than a year ago.

Jak 4 please Naughty Gods

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Argh, should have looked at the poster before clicking.

How can the real news items ever rise to the top, with Shinobi constantly copy/pasting his twitter feed?

Sour grapes. Lots of people like uncharted and it's a valuable franchise for sony. Get over it.

vpance

Uncharted might be 2015 after all I guess. "Just up and running" sounds like work only started very recently.

Yeah, figured that would happen. I think we'd better get used to adding +1 year on our Sony WWS release predictions for unannounced stuff.

If you think that basically everything they've worked on over probably the last 8+ years is shit, what exactly are you basing the fact that they're talented on?

I think this post is a waste of neogaf server space.

I don't believe them when they say "just up and running" for the engine. It's been two years, the entirety of their typical dev cycles, since 3. Maybe some key features just got going but the engine likely has been working for a while.

I also expect TLoU to hit PS4 but not as soon as some people seem to think.

I agree with this. What has the other team been doing this whole time? Just sitting and getting paid?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't believe them when they say "just up and running" for the engine. It's been two years, the entirety of their typical dev cycles, since 3. Maybe some key features just got going but the engine likely has been working for a while.

I also expect TLoU to hit PS4 but not as soon as some people seem to think.

Derrick01

Banned
Argh, should have looked at the poster before clicking.

How can the real news items ever rise to the top, with Shinobi constantly copy/pasting his twitter feed?

Hey, I haven't heard an update on the mass effect/dragon age development process in like 2 days now. I'm dying to know if they have 4 discs of data to send to their testers instead of 3 discs now.

turnbuckle

I didn't buy this or GTA V because I'm holding out for the PS4 versions. If they don't happen they don't happen, but my PS3 is basically just sticking around for Persona 5 next year. Even then, I wish that was getting a simultaneous PS4 release even if the game was exactly the same. I very much miss backwards compatibility :(

Why should they waste time on a port when they can utilize those resource on a sequel?

Probably wouldn't be too hard to do a good port while also working on a sequel. There are a lot of 360-only gamers who have a PS4 this generation. Would be a nice little "filler" game in-between dry spells.

sense

i am sure they are ashamed of selling multi million copies of critically and commercially acclaimed shit games and winning multiple goty awards.....

I didn't buy this or GTA V because I'm holding out for the PS4 versions. If they don't happen they don't happen, but my PS3 is basically just sticking around for Persona 5 next year. Even then, I wish that was getting a simultaneous PS4 release even if the game was exactly the same. I very much miss backwards compatibility :(

find it weird that you are holding on to your old console for persona 5 and still refuse to buy these games on current gen and willing to wait as long as possible and not even play them if they don't come out for next gen

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If you think that basically everything they've worked on over probably the last 8+ years is shit, what exactly are you basing the fact that they're talented on?
That's what's so fun about cognitive dissonance - it doesn't have to make a lick of sense.

Top Bottom