• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffers with YouTube Gaming Channels

roknin

I like your channel intro but you need to have the pieces reform into your name lol ;) Great job on it btw. Mine was so bad I took it down after 10 minutes...

Thanks! :) I actually had considered doing that initially, but wasn't sure how I wanted to accomplish it without getting too complex. Might revisit it the future, though.

My first intro was super simple and had weird drawing issues... Didn't make it into any vids lol.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Here's mine: https://www.youtube.com/user/Hyunickel

I recently came back after a year hiatus. Currently mostly interested in putting up discussion videos about Video Game related topics that interest me such as looking at different forms of narrative or difficulty in Video Games. I also do "quick looks" for some titles, mostly indies or smaller niche games.

Check it out and tell me what you think :)!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For anyone who doesn't have a channel but been sitting on making one, I suggest if you're interested to try, don't expect success, but do it because you enjoy doing it. I think a style you like doing it will form kind of naturally, and one shouldn't need to be so choosy at first, they should first test the waters to see if they enjoy it or not.

For anyone who doesn't have a channel but been sitting on making one, I suggest if you're interested to try, don't expect success, but do it because you enjoy doing it. I think a style you like doing it will form kind of naturally, and one shouldn't need to be so choosy at first, they should first test the waters to see if they enjoy it or not.

This is extremely good advice which I second. I've been doing it for years and only recently have I started totally just not really caring about subs or views. Ironically enough now Ive started doing more playthroughs and even have a weekly schedule of content which is easier then I thought it would be. So yes, do it for fun or a hobby and just enjoy it. For those interested in my new schedule, you can head over to www.youtube.com/slasherjpc. The channel is laid out where it's easier to see the schedule plus what's new. So just have fun and honestly record and create what you want for you, not whats trending, otherwise you might start to loathe what your doing. Good luck everyone.

Seth

Mine isn't much. I don't do any regularly scheduled videos or anything. I just upload whatever and whenever I feel like. Was geared more toward WoW and Diablo, but since the PS4 is out and I cane record videos on it i will be putting up a lot more different things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/blayde4

MommsenWasRight reporting in with my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0EBoSAa_hHKnDix2-vvvw

Started it not long ago. I sacrifice my sanity so that you don't have to. In other words: I search for the worst, most stupid and idiotic DOTA 2 pub games in normal priority and cast them. It takes soooo long to get a game that doesn't end in 10 minutes, but when you get one, it's mindbendingly awesome

Also, they teach you stuff. This one forex teaches you that buying items is a good idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWxvCmxJ7E

I appreciate any kind of feedback, still much to learn for me.

BowieZ

Banned
Bah way to make me feel bad! Uploaded 12ish guitar-covers of video game music and such and I got a total of 3500 views after 1 year :D
Hey, it's not about the views, man! It's all about expressing yourself as best you can and finding your niche.

Preferably AFTER the auto-Partnership revenue system came into effect! <_< lol

Meanwhile I feel I should start uploading new tunes, soon, shame I "wasted" much of the last 5 years on indie dance pop music that I can't upload...

Yep, fantastic advice. If you force it you won't get anywhere

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Well, here's my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AesopsEpisoden

- The Last of Us Multiplayer stuff (high competitive level)
- I'm also the one with the fake Phantom Pain - Project Omega Teaser ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
- Also made a The Last of Us 2 Parody teaser and
- How to be a professional Gamer (Parody)

MikeDown

Banned
EDIT: forgot I already posted here

I run a small channel dedicated to video game scores and the random gameplay videos. It is something I do for fun, nothing serious though. I've actually had several composers reach out to me which has been pretty awesome.

Sakwoff

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIsnTkOaScsUgwVxcUOvA6g

Most recent video is me playing Billy the Kid Returns, as inspired by the obscure computer games thread here on GAF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ruF8d6bN4

I operate this channel together with my cousin. We grew up together but live in different cities now, so this is basically us clinging to our childhoods playing games together. We do mostly let's play type stuff with commentary. Lots of retro games, obscure stuff, european stuff, but generally whatever we feel like recording. We don't really have a big audience, it's mostly friends etc. watching.

Still great fun to do. :)

Oh yes, the (admittedly rather stupid) name is from a terrible joke death metal band we had back then. Yup.

Petrae

Indeed. I went into my Retro Unscripted project knowing that a laptop webcam and a Rock Band USB microphone weren't going to create pro-looking videos and that I wasn't going to be the next big YT sensation. I still wanted to try my hand at it and just have fun in front of the camera.

If nothing else, I've created a log of personal gaming memories and experiences that I've been fortunate enough to be able to share with everyone. Hopefully the vids will still be kicking around in 20 years.

Indeed. I went into my Retro Unscripted project knowing that a laptop webcam and a Rock Band USB microphone weren't going to create pro-looking videos and that I wasn't going to be the next big YT sensation. I still wanted to try my hand at it and just have fun in front of the camera.

If nothing else, I've created a log of personal gaming memories and experiences that I've been fortunate enough to be able to share with everyone. Hopefully the vids will still be kicking around in 20 years.

We seem to be running into each other in all mediums. Well said sir!

Storm360

I've tried making a channel in the past, although it has died down over time, mainly because I can't record too much now with my current set up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattplaysvidya

I do want to get back into it at some point, but its finding time and motivation.

Still, some advice would be great.

I'd love to make a channel just playing through stuff with friends some day, but I don't know many people here, everyone I know now live all over the rest of the country, so thats not happening any time soon.

Petrae

I've tried making a channel in the past, although it has died down over time, mainly because I can't record too much now with my current set up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattplaysvidya

I do want to get back into it at some point, but its finding time and motivation.

Still, some advice would be great.

I'd love to make a channel just playing through stuff with friends some day, but I don't know many people here, everyone I know now live all over the rest of the country, so thats not happening any time soon.

The beauty of YouTube-- along with blogs or any other shared media-- is that the direction of the content is completely up to the creator. If sub numbers aren't a big deal to you, you can create and update when your schedule allows and share what you like.

Oftentimes, I pick a topic and talk about it on cam for awhile. I usually have a game running on my GxTV behind me, mostly for effect. Since I don't have any capture tech, my Pete Plays videos are in real time and filmed at the same distance as my other videos are. Some results are better than others.

I don't schedule myself anymore. I create when I feel that I have something to share. It's not great for building sub numbers, but for me, this project is more about fun than anything else.

My advice is this: Do with your channel what you like, when you like. Don't go into it with high expectations-- or any expectation at all. Have fun with it, share it with a few friends-acquaintances/colleagues (like fellow GAF members), and see where it goes.

Storm360

The beauty of YouTube-- along with blogs or any other shared media-- is that the direction of the content is completely up to the creator. If sub numbers aren't a big deal to you, you can create and update when your schedule allows and share what you like.

Oftentimes, I pick a topic and talk about it on cam for awhile. I usually have a game running on my GxTV behind me, mostly for effect. Since I don't have any capture tech, my Pete Plays videos are in real time and filmed at the same distance as my other videos are. Some results are better than others.

I don't schedule myself anymore. I create when I feel that I have something to share. It's not great for building sub numbers, but for me, this project is more about fun than anything else.

My advice is this: Do with your channel what you like, when you like. Don't go into it with high expectations-- or any expectation at all. Have fun with it, share it with a few friends-acquaintances/colleagues (like fellow GAF members), and see where it goes.

Yeah, I don't have any expectations to get rich or anything, I would like to uplaod at least semi regular, one of my biggest issues is at the moment i'm working through the console backlog, and have no way to record that

I do have a channel, but it has failed to live up to my expectations of posting videos from my PC, PS4 and Bone.

I say if you have fun with it, don't let expections bring you down. I have over 800 videos. Been creating content for almost 10 years now. I've done game play, reviews, skits, music videos, and raided money for charity and more. Some of them I put a lot of time, editing, and money into. Yet I've only got a few hundred subs to show for it.

For example, take a look at the range of videos I've done below:

Taken: An Alan Wake inspired Short

Release Date Brawl: Diablo 3 VS Max Payne 3

I beat it (Beat it Parody)

Real Life Witcher (Witcher 2 Parady Documentary)

Risen 2 Review - With Pirate Puppet

Contra is sexual.

SlasherJPC 2012 Highlights

Now my point is, I've spent costless hours doing all this and my viewship and audience is rather low compared to most youtubers. Yet I keep going because it's fun, I have a great time, and I look back and it's some fantastic memories. Sure things have changed as I've gotten older, had my daughter, etc but I still keep content coming in some way,shape or form. Just don't give up!

Vlodril

Here is mine : https://www.youtube.com/user/Vlodril

Its mostly whatever i am playing. Started when shadowplay came out because its extremely easy and hassle free to record. I liked the idea of watching my videos and put a bit more effort lately (still do not render videos or anything, i just capture and upload). 90% are without commentary. There is some where i coop with a friend but its in greek.

I thought about narrating but english is not my native language and i am not used to talking that much either(also my voice is annoying :p). Still thinking about it.

SZips

Mine: https://www.youtube.com/user/DZips

I mainly create content for my website.

This includes (but is not limited to):
- Reviews
- Previews (A Look At...)
- Blind let's plays (such as the Dark Souls 2 one that was just a train wreck that I ended up abandoning, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, The Wolf Among Us, etc.)
- And a few others that don't really fall into any of the above categories.

Mine is completely italian, we are 3 guys and our goal is to be original. I admit it's not my biggest passion, I don't even watch let's play, but my friends love it and we even made a short movie that led us to a little success (english subs available, but they suck I know)

Gaming Super+
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamingsuperpiu

i love the Gaming Super+ channel. To all the italian gaffers, take a look, they are too awesome!

NFreak

People have mentioned it already but this is some fantastic advice. If you don't enjoy the process of making videos, you probably shouldn't be doing it. There are things you can do to get your channel more easily noticed but you shouldn't be worrying about any of that stuff when starting out.

Englebert3rd

Unconfirmed Member

That's what I'm doing too, and it's great advice. I've been doing my channel, just out of passion and normally to show some obscure releases in my collection and what-not.
I'm enjoying it and I'm putting a bit more effort into it, still need to create some scripts as I fumble most of the time though!

DevilFox

This is mine, DevilFox.
Fan made trailers, characters/games tributes, opening videos, generic montages.. (almost) all gaming related.
An easy way to share two passions, gaming and video editing. If I had not chosen the IT field, this is definitely something I'd have liked to try.
Currently I'm inactive due to several reasons but I'll be back this winter if everything goes well.

I agree and I'd like to add an obvious consideration. Today YT is a great opportunity, so I can understand who wants to give it a shot, but if you lack of real interest or passion sooner or later people will notice because quality will go down.
I've seen this happening many times in the italian community, just to say.

Bah way to make me feel bad! Uploaded 12ish guitar-covers of video game music and such and I got a total of 3500 views after 1 year :D

Don't ever feel bad about a lack of hits on a social network. Because it doesn't matter how many people saw what you made.. it matters that YOU made it.

I love covers of video game music, so, I'll subscribe to your channel. :)

Top Bottom