• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. would you pay The Elder Scrolls Online for $60, then $15/m after?

Radec

2136735417_1369840123.jpg

The Elder Scrolls Online will retail for $59.99 on all platforms, and monthly subscriptions after the first month will cost $14.99.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/elder-scrolls-online-invites-sent-for-beta-game-1.2489996

- -

$60 for the game
+
$15 per month after the first month
+
$50 per year for PS+ or $60 per year for XBL Gold

lol.
also in Comparision

World of Warcraft is:

$39 per expansion or the whole game

$15 per month

Nope. I'm sure they're counting on big up-front sales based on the name alone, and I'm not falling for it.

I see this going free-to-play or something in record time.

SJRB

Gold Member
No, and nobody should. The whole "pay full for the retail copy AND pay monthly subscription" is a terrible business model.

CeePhour

Banned
If it's the game I want it to be, I would love to.

Unfortunately their joke of beta periods always coincide with busy weekends for me, so I'll never get to check it out without dropping $60... :\

Sanic

Are Gold/PS+ subs still required for games with alternative monthly fees, or is only Sony waiving that with F2P games?

Give it 6 months, then it'll be Free to Play. New MMOs can't get away with the price tag and monthly fee anymore... Final Fantasy is barely managing as is, and WoW is just now starting to somewhat stabilize after it's bleeding of users.

Ooccoo

This game will crash and burn. I cannot fathom a world where Elder Scrolls Online will be successful. Maybe 10 years ago, but now? I feel pity for those who thought it would be a good idea to have a subscription based model.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
$60 with a free month, then $15 a month? Are they trying to just die right out of the gate? They must already have a F2P contingency plan for 3 months down the line.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Don't think I'd give this a chance even if it were F2P, they're going to lose so much money on this.

CeePhour

Banned
I'm curious about those of you declaring how it is insane to pay to play an MMO - how many of you have done so in the past?

Top Bottom