• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid to show off 3DS FPS [Up: preview on Jan. 24th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

Edit:

D6QZxqn.png

Seems to Moon Chronicles

Emily Rogers
‏@Emi1yRogers
Just got permission to say this. January 24th announcement for Renegade Kid's 3DS FPS game will be exclusively on http://IGN.com .

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/status/425756448836960256

Old Stuff:

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/stat...56448836960256

LeKICoI.png

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/statuses/422057276292071424

Eat me if posted.

55aRNGH.png

minty_jpg

I could be another press event, don't see why it has to be Nintendo (unless he means a Direct, which isn't really a press event, just press).

I don't know who he is, so what game are he working on?

Co-founder & Director at Renegade Kid.

Games:

Nintendo DS
Dementium: The Ward (2007)
Crash Landed (2010 - Canceled by Activision)
Moon (2009)
Dementium II (2010)
ATV: Wild Ride (2011)

Wii
Son of the Dragon (cancelled)

Nintendo 3DS
Face Racers: Photo Finish (2011)
Mutant Mudds (2012)
Planet Crashers (2012)
Bomb Monkey (2012)
ATV: Wild Ride 3D (2013)
Treasurenauts (2013)
Mutant Mudds 2 (2014)
Cult County (TBA)

Microsoft Windows
Mutant Mudds (2012)
Dementium II (2013)

iOS
Mutant Mudds (2012)

Wii U
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (2013)

Goody

It would be a good time to showcase the deluge of indie stuff that's about to hit. I'm sure there's a list out there somewhere, but 2014 will be a good year for indie games. A lot of those Kickstarted projects are slated to hit.

I could be another press event, don't see why it has to be Nintendo (unless he means a Direct, which isn't really a press event, just press).

What other press event could it be? He's part of a self-publishing indie developer so he can't be in for another's publishers event and he can't really hold one of his own.

Tenki

That "new?" may be referring to Moon 3DS? It wouldn't be a completely new game, hence the question mark.

Do you think Renegade Kid is going to make a press event on its own?

It's gotta happen. Release dates for Matio Kart 8 and SSB, and a new look at X and the new Wii u Zelda game.

I'd even take a look at the new Hyrule Warriors title.

Maybe we'll even hear what else Retro has been up to.

Dang0

What other press event could it be? He's part of a self-publishing indie developer so he can't be in for another's publishers event and he can't really hold one of his own.

They sometimes do both, like they had a press event at the same time they announced Link between worlds in a ND.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Is there any event for indie games (for all platforms) scheduled this month? Just to be sure before we make any further assumption

Mariolee

Almost a certainty. There's precedence due to last year having a January Direct (2 if you're including the Pokemon Direct), the fact there's been a Nintendo Direct every month, and Shinen also saying they'll announce news about their games in a couple of weeks.

beril

It's gotta happen. Release dates for Matio Kart 8 and SSB, and a new look at X and the new Wii u Zelda game.

I'd even take a look at the new Hyrule Warriors title.

Maybe we'll even hear what else Retro has been up to.

Why do people keep saying this? Their game isn't out yet and they're not big enough to work on multiple games at once, they've specifically said so themselves not long ago

Pretty sure I remember the Direct that A Link Between Worlds being announced at had a press event immediately after. Hope for something on that level, though Renegade Kid stuff is usually pretty good in and of itself.

Why do people keep saying this? Their game isn't out yet and they're not big enough to work on multiple games at once, they've specifically said so themselves not long ago

The fact that they have a well-known name makes em feel bigger than they are.

Plus people generally being convinced that if a game comes out they aren't interested in from a major team, then this must be a rush job buying time for the real project. Commonly called the 3d world effect.

I mean, they probably have the first bits of pre-production happening for whatever's next, no? Just not very much yet, probably too little to show.

TreIII

I at least want X, Zelda Musou and Bayonetta 2 dates. Anything else
Pokkén plz
would be the icing on the cake.

Kerub

Banned
Cranky Kong Direct at the end of January! With a slight bit of indie and other game sizzle reel at the end. Believe!

To be honest, Cranky Kong will probably take up a lot of time. They could do a sizzle reel at a regular show, but this one requires more time for Cranky Kong.

Hiltz

I'm not expecting a new Direct this month. I think we'll get one in February to highlight upcoming games such as DKC: Tropcial Freeze, Kirby: Triple Deluxe (overseas) and Mario Golf: World Tour and Yoshi's New Island. Hopefully, it will also inform us on Mario Kart 8's actual release date in addition to a reveal of EAD Tokyo's next project (which they said would be announced soon). Maybe we'll get a look at that Steel Diver free-to-play project as well.

As far as indie projects go, Unepic is supposed to be coming out January 16th for North America. Other games that should be coming out within Q1 /early 2014 are Pure Chess, Assault Android Cactus, Scram Kitty, Teslagrad (came out recently for PC), Shovel Knight (a January release doesn't look like its going to happen) and a few others like QUBE: Director's Cut, Tengami, Super Ubie Land and Armillo.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm guessing it will just be announcing all the release dates for their 2014 titles (so DKC, Bayonetta 2 etc.). Hopefully we get X & Smash release date as well. To clarify, I'm talking about the actual release date and not the month or quarter.

EDIT: Although that's usually what Nintendo Direct's are for (as the poster above me said). So I dunno.

I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a 3DS and Wii U. I've been putting it off for so long trying to say I needed to save money...but who am I kidding? Too many good games out now and coming out this year/early next year to ignore.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I'm not expecting a new Direct this month. I think we'll get one in February to highlight upcoming games such as DKC: Tropcial Freeze, Kirby: Triple Deluxe (overseas) and Mario Golf: World Tour. Hopefully, it will also inform us on Mario Kart 8's actual release date in addition to a reveal of EAD Tokyo's next project (which they said would be announced soon).

When was this said?

minty_jpg

Do you think Renegade Kid is going to make a press event on its own?

Not really familiar with him, but I don't think so.

There can't be any other unannounced press conference?

Too much hype is too much hype, eat some chill and wash it down with chill guys.

I think we're going to see a Direct with a large indie focus. Shin'en has yet to show off Fast Neo and the other game that's going to be announced soon. In addition, I'm aware of a couple other indie projects that have yet to be really announced.

Instro

Fits with shin'en teasing their games as well.

I think we're going to see a Direct with a large indie focus. Shin'en has yet to show off Fast Neo and the other game that's going to be announced soon. In addition, I'm aware of a couple other indie projects that have yet to be really announced.

That's all they have for 3rd party support now basically so it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom