• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid Wants to Know If You Want Dementium III (Potential PC/PS4/XB1/Vita/3DS)

256px-Dementium.jpg

https://youtu.be/0piY3xc1CDY?list=PL5EEKrxN5-rtV-gkfVUHZtUrkmKnweWoQ

Renegade Kid is playing around with the idea of doing Dementium III on Kickstarter but after the failure of Cult Country in 2014 they are curious if folk would be interested in supporting the game before they start to go down that route - looking to get "thousands" of retweets (which Jools acknowledges is a slim change in the linked video). The game would tentatively release on whatever systems the engine used (Unity or Unreal 4) supports so while that does not lend much hope for a 3DS release Jools would like to have a version built just for that handheld but right now it's all "pie-in-the-sky".

The tweet they are watching.

On another note Dementium 2: Remastered is aiming to release on 3DS in Q2 of this year.

Salsa

no thanks

they were ok-ish

i'd be more excited about them doing a proper horror FPS on PC/Consoles

I really doubt there's a "fanbase" out there as to make this Dementium 3

TheMoon

Want yes but there's no point in fooling anyone: a KS would not be successful with the amount of money they'd be asking for again. Yes, I remember Cult County. :(

Katori

Cult Country looked awesome. Given the companies/projects that succeed on KS, I don't get how stuff like this (or Consortium, for example) from established companies fails.

Davey Cakes

I'll admit I struggled with Dementium. It wasn't much fun. Though some moments brought me back to those old eerie DOS games like Operation: Body Count and Nitemare 3D, if even just a little bit.

FaintDeftone

Given I only played the original game and not its sequel, I'm going with a big "no" on that one. It was an incredibly ugly, boring horror game.

Corpekata

Banned
I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't specifically want it. I would love to see them try something 3d and ambitious in general though.

Did not even know there was a Dementium 2.

Didn't this start out as a Silent Hill game that they pitched to Konami and got turned down? I remember reading something along those lines.

fernoca

You know I like Renegade Kid, Jools and their games; their commitment and passion...

But their 3D games usually end feeling, playing and looking a bit generic...compared to their 2D games.

Would be cool if they focused on 2D games and even made a 2D Dementium game (like the Splinter Cell games on GBA) or something.

But whatever...whatever they do I'll be there. :p

Pif

Banned
A remake sounds better to me

The presentation of the game and the tight controls on DS, made it spectecular.

A remade Dementium: The Ward on Unreal Engine 4 would be able to capture much of that essence in today's development standards.

shingi70

Banned
I'd say go back to the Setting of Cult County, but focus on a few platforms first.

I love RK so I hope this expansion Jools is doing works out for him.

@MUWANdo

Banned
What happened to that Kickstarter?

In a nutshell:

-they didn't have much to show and what they did show was basic and uninspiring
-they announced it as an episodic game, which is always a turn-off for crowdfunded pitches
-they were proposing a console game but most of their fans were on 3DS and wanted a 3DS game

A remake sounds better to me

The presentation of the game and the tight controls on DS, made it spectecular.

A remade Dementium: The Ward on Unreal Engine 4 would be able to capture much of that essence in today's development standards.

They just remastered the original Dementium for 3DS and the second game is coming soon.

They'll never completely remake them in HD because they're a tiny studio with no money that can't even afford to make a new game to 3DS spec.

Top Bottom