• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls II screenshots

v5NUa8h.jpg

vH6kbh3.jpg

iQ86ft2.jpg

O1Cp7OU.jpg

HnDvwiA.jpg

fUOVfV4.jpg

6MdVqyL.jpg

NbXxA0d.jpg

7Zs9B4s.jpg

qmn1Xpc.jpg

Xr76Igg.jpg

vZAxgDB.jpg

ozhPYZj.jpg

IURtjkn.jpg

RVablUW.jpg

Thanks, Gematsu

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Holy hell, those are some ugly screenshots.

It looks a little rougher in the textures department compared to the first Dark Souls, although maybe that's because someone at From figured out that some of the textures in that game were too high res for consoles. Playing the PC version with Durante's fixes revealed a ton of texture details that were nigh impossible to notice on at TV at 720p.

I love those environments, though! Getting a little bit of a Resident Evil 4 vibe. I love me some hollowed-out wasteland fantasy locales.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If this game didnt have the Dark Souls name attached to it people would be more honest about how ugly it is.

It feels really weird in that in some areas the lighting engine seems like its big steps forward, but then like 80% of all other screens and footage show far more boringly lit areas compared to Demon's and Dark's more pleasing colour palette. I think they've gone TOO grim this time around rather than the more sorrowful approach of previous games.

I'm a bit disappointed currently, but will wait to see what it looks like in game. Beta area was pretty darn good.

Orayn

Kinda flat and muddy looking with jarringly bad textures in a few places, but the art direction is still there and the new lighting system is nice.

gogogow

Wow, what happened to Dark Souls 2's graphics? I remember the game looking quite a bit better when they first showed it. Now it just looks rough. Models and textures are rough. Lighting seems totally absence in some of those shots.

vpance

Looks like the lighting is either bugged or almost completely turned off :\

It reminds me of those tech demos where they show scenes comparing no lighting versus full lighting. Some kind of DX7 flashback up in there.

Buggy Loop

Console version i hope, is it me or did Dark souls even have better textures than that? Didnt the first reveal trailer look better too? Is it the lighting?

FaintDeftone

Ouch, yeah not pretty looking, but still hyped.

I'm disappointed that the game doesn't look as dark and brooding as the original.

LTWheels

Wow, what happened to Dark Souls 2's graphics? I remember the game looking quite a bit better when they first showed it. Now it just looks rough. Models and textures are rough. Lighting seems totally absence in some of those shots.

Screenshots are console version I assume? Earlier footage being PC?

Top Bottom