• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nutribullet vs. Ninja Blender, what's better for juicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveovig

I can't decide between the two of these but I want one as a juicer. I've heard good things about both and I want to be able to pulverize fruits and veggies. Anyone here dealt with one or both of these badboys? I'm comparing the $99 1100 Watt Ninja with the $99 Nutribullet, btw. Not looking to spend much more than that.

It's not juicing if everything you put in you consume hehe.

OP thinking about doing the green smoothie diet?

Me too. Been looking at the nutribullet 900 pro series.

Wish i could afford a vitamix haha.

Baconmonk

Depends on what you plan on blending. As another poster mentioned this will make smoothies, much thicker than juices and you may want to add water to help digestion.

I make kale shakes every day with cucumber, celery, ginger, kale, etc. The ninja makes more of a watery salad, while the vitamix I now own will puree anything I throw at it.

If you plan on using fruit mostly, the blenders you mentioned should be fine. If you want to do any thicker cruciferous veggies like kale broccoli or the like you might want to save for a vitamix or blentec. I personally like the vitamix because it came with a nice tapered plunger to push down the veggie stuffs.

Good luck on the new addition to your diet!

Al-San

Neo Member
Get a Vitamix.

It will last for life. It's a restaurant staple due to its performance and durability.

Best product I've bought in a very long time. I actually bought two right before thanksgiving and I've been making vegetable smoothies almost everyday since. Probably ate more kale and spinach in the past two months then in the last two years combined. Get a Vitamix.

The Ninja blender is one of the worst gimmicks I have ever used. Things get stuck in the corners, you can't scrape it down because of all those pointless extra blades. Also, you will not be juicing anything in a blender. Closest you'll get is a thick (usually delicious) fruit or veggie sauce from something like a Vitamix.

Seriously, get anything OTHER than the Ninja.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Vitamin is king. There is also Bkendtec Of course those will run $400+
You can sometimes get a good price on a refurbished Vitamix on their site.

Seen some good reviews of the new Oyster Versa.

Some people complain the Ninja doesn't blend greens completely. I wouldn't even consider the Nutribullet.

But don't expect a blender to really juice anything..

Dyno

My wife used the Nutribullet for around two years. She loved it until it broke down and is now unsure if she wants to just pony up another couple hundred for a new one or spend more for something better.

Liberty4all

Banned
I use a Magic Bullet and have done so for 2 years. Great little gadget for getting my power shakes ready in the morning.

Perhaps not the best blender but definitely the easiest to clean up afterwards.

Cherubae

We've a blender and a juicer, and a blender will just mash up what you have and pulverize it into a liquid form. A centrifugal juicer will extract the juice and leave most of the pulp behind in a waste container. There are some things a blender is better at (kiwi, banana, etc.) and some things the juicer is better at (apples, oranges, carrots, etc.)

This is the Breville juicer we have - http://amzn.com/B000QBFFU8. Works great and the fruit waste is practically dry after the juice has been spun out of it.

spock

Top shelf Ninjas (1500 watt ones) are comparable to vitamix and blendtecs. Lower end ninjas are a bit meh. They just released the Ninja ultimate which looks great. I have the previous version of the ultimate. Cost about 179. Great for smoothies, soups, etc. As for juicing, might want a dedicated juiced if you want juice and not smoothies.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/ninja-ultima-blender/

If you get a ninja get a 1500 watt version.

I also have Breville juicer, use to use it. More of a smoothie fan these days.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Juicers are WAY too much work. Between all the extra mass you have to put in it and the clean up I can make several vitamix smoothies for the same effort. Damn thing can blend sweet potatoes! Next to my kitchenaid stand mixer it is the best appliance I've bought (I would put a quality toaster oven as the third part of the holy trinity of tabletop appliances).

SeanR1221

Get a Vitamix.

It will last for life. It's a restaurant staple due to its performance and durability.

Best product I've bought in a very long time. I actually bought two right before thanksgiving and I've been making vegetable smoothies almost everyday since. Probably ate more kale and spinach in the past two months then in the last two years combined. Get a Vitamix.

Yup. Spend extra and get one

Goddamn Internet... I start looking up green smoothies, and there's a bunch of hits about how the high oxalate levels in spinach, kale, and other greens is damaging to your health. Is there any truth to this nonsense? I mean come on.

I want to get a nice blender and have looked at the Vitamix many times.

Al-San

Neo Member
Goddamn Internet... I start looking up green smoothies, and there's a bunch of hits about how the high oxalate levels in spinach, kale, and other greens is damaging to your health. Is there any truth to this nonsense? I mean come on.

I never heard this before. I'm eating a lot of leafy greens now and if it's bad for my health (which I doubt) then fuck it, I'm going out eating fruit/veggie smoothies till I'm dead.

entremet

You'll need to drink tons of the stuff for that.

One to three drinks a day won't hit those levels. Just make sure it's balanced. Don't just do spinach and kale all the time. Mix it up.

Zoolader

Just got the 900w Nutribullet yesterday for about $80 while it's normally about $150. This thing works great and I'm very happy with it. I'm drinking an apple,carrot, radish, spinach, and walnut juice right now while typing this.

subrock

I have a breville juice fountain and I love it. It's and actual juicer, so the smoothie thing isn't going to happen. Itself juice pretty much anything though: Whole apples , uncored pineapple , leafy greens, beets.

I also have a magic bullet for smoothies which I find a little easier to drink.

Just got the 900w Nutribullet yesterday for about $80 while it's normally about $150. This thing works great and I'm very happy with it. I'm drinking an apple,carrot, radish, spinach, and walnut juice right now while typing this.

that's the one I want, where did you get it for so cheap?

KrellRell

Extracting juice and separating the solid stuff is not healthy and defeats the point of doing this over just buying juice at the store.

Care to elaborate?

The whole point of juicing is to make it easier to ingest things you wouldn't otherwise. That is, drinking juice with leafy greens in it is easier than preparing and eating the leafy greens. Yes, you do lose fiber, but I'm curious as to how it is not healthy and how it can be compared to the stuff you'd find in a store.

steveovig

I guess, to me, it doesn't matter if I make juice or a smoothie, as long as I'm getting more veggies in me. Some of them I hate eating whole, like carrots, and I figure if I throw them in with some fruit, it'll be better. Target has a deal this week where I can get a $20 gift card with a NutriBullet. I'm now leaning towards getting that or a juicer.

Raistlin

I don't think either would be particularly good for actual juicing, would they be? Aren't they essentially blenders ... so you're going to have to add water to make juices?

There are dedicated juicers for real juicing.

Raistlin

I don't think either would be particularly good for actual juicing, would they be? Aren't they essentially blenders ... so you're going to have to add water to make juices?

There are dedicated juicers for real juicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom